REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Problem with the rear of the car

I detail my car quite frequently and while most of the car's body panels still bead water after 1-2 months, the rear of the car (rear hatch and rear bumper) seems to always lose its protection faster than the rest of the car. I run a high-flo cat so the rear of the car is ususally covered in a layer of exhaust soot, does this eat up the sealant/wax faster?
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

what kinda sealant/wax you using?
I'd probably say its just the nature of hatch backs getting more dirt on the back most of the time and then losing beading properties.
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

the last time I detailed it was with Klasse AIO and Colinite 845, basically the winter setup.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #4

i mean colinite 845 is like god like resistance, its probably just the fact that its a hatch back, getting lots of dust/dirt stuck causing the lose of beading, it should still be there tho, i dont see why colinite 845 only lasts 1-2 months unless the AIO is causing the durability lose.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

The Colli 845 has A LOT of carrier solvents in it. Layering it over something else will more than likely affect the base layer. Aldric was also correct in that the rear of the car gets way more abuse as well. What are you washing it with?
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #6

Thanks Ken. I've using Optimum No Rinse.
I figured the front of the car and the rocker panels would get most of the abuse, but they still bead well. The rear of the car always have a layer of grit on it. I find I have to clay that area more often than the rest of the car.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #7

the front of the car gets more abuse from rocks but aerodynamics probably assists and probably the contours.
the rear end, the rear tires hit up stuff to the rear hatch and theres no wind assisting water to go off so a lot of dust is built up instead
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Yeah, what he said!
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote