REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Soiunds like warrior diet, but I think that one was 1 insanely huge meal per day
Posted via RS Mobile

Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #27
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,381
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Soiunds like warrior diet, but I think that one was 1 insanely huge meal per day
Posted via RS Mobile
Warrior Diet is a version of Intermittent Fasting. There are a number of IF systems including LeanGains, Warrior Diet, Ultimate Diet 2.0, etc. all of which are based on the same principal, but are modified by macronutrients and caloric load schedules for various goals.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 3,862 Times in 691 Posts
are you guys getting paid by leangains or something?

OMG heres a popular training regime that put emphasis on breakfast

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-d...ding-fat-loss/

have fun being catabolic for half the day
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #29
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,381
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
I am not trying to push peoploe towards IF and LeanGains, rather just trying to get peopel to realize that the whole "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is a myth. That said, it doesn't HURT to eat breakfast, but there's little harm in not eating breakfast either. Also, if you are trying to bulk or cut, LeanGains or any other IF routine is not recommended since it's very inefficient. It is more of a fine-tuning strategy once you are in the low-double-digit BF, to rid of that extra bit of fat.

As for your training regimine. Stronglifts is a good regimine and is very effective, but look at the reasons for eating breakfast though, it's all surrounding not feeling hungry and to eat healthier, nothing about energy, muscle loss, etc. People recommend eating breakfast and eating snacks because the majority people will binge on donuts, crackers, chips, etc. if they did not.

Quote:
Eat Breakfast. You get energy from the first hour and you’ll be less hungry the rest of the day. It also sets the trend: you’ll tend to eat healthier if your day starts with a strong & healthy breakfast.
Quote:
Less Hunger. Eating more smaller meals vs. few big meals will decrease your stomach size. You’ll feel full faster and your waist will trim.

Less Cravings. Not eating for long periods usually causes overeating at the next meal or ending at the candy machine.
If you have the discipline to eat good, nutritious food, within the proper caloric range of your BMR, skipping breakfast won't make you obese, nor will it dissolve your muscles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 3,862 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
It is more of a fine-tuning strategy once you are in the low-double-digit BF, to rid of that extra bit of fat.

People recommend eating breakfast and eating snacks because the majority people will binge on donuts, crackers, chips, etc. if they did not.

If you have the discipline to eat good, nutritious food, within the proper caloric range of your BMR, skipping breakfast won't make you obese, nor will it dissolve your muscles.
thats exactly it, im sure if your hardcore into leangains you can manage w/o breakfast. But why would you push it onto regular people as being better.

The average person who doesnt eat breakfast is going to pig out on junkfood at the first opportunity. Therefore a healthy breakfast is important for the average person, and the most important meal of the day.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #31
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,381
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Fair enough. I may have come off or ended up as if I was pushing it on people, but my original intent was to dispel the myth that your body physically REQUIRES breakfast for good health.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 04-08-2011 at 03:50 PM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
so you a link of a guy whos in shape and doesnt eat breakfast sometimes, big deal i could prolly find thousands of athletes in better shape who eat breakfast (or two) every single day.

i dunno about you but i play sports and workout, and when i wake up in the morning im starving. Somehow i think starving myself till lunchtime is not good for muscle developement and recovery.
Sonick is far more diplomatic than I am. You're a dumb shit who can't read.

The site is FULL of people who don't eat breakfast and intermittently fast. For every athlete you find who eats breakfast that's in shape, I can find you 10 people who eat breakfast that aren't in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-d...ding-fat-loss/

have fun being catabolic for half the day
Strong lifts you say?

http://stronglifts.com/eat-stop-eat-...asting-easier/

OH LOOK, intermittent fasting. That's a 24 HOUR fast, not just skipping breakfast.

Did you read any of this page or you too stupid?

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
thats exactly it, im sure if your hardcore into leangains you can manage w/o breakfast. But why would you push it onto regular people as being better.

The average person who doesnt eat breakfast is going to pig out on junkfood at the first opportunity. Therefore a healthy breakfast is important for the average person, and the most important meal of the day.
The average person eats shit for breakfast anyways:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/recom...t-t641992.html

Shall I go through the list?

Protein shake
Cereal
Toast + any spreads??
Pre bought pastries such as muffins??
Instant noodles
Waffles
Oatmeal bars

Yah that's really good for you. An average person is better off not eating breakfast because they're going to make the same shitty choices at lunch so they might as well cut some calories.

PS: You're still a fat fuck. Maybe if you skipped breakfast, it might help with your fat problem.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #33
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,381
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
^ lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
are you guys getting paid by leangains or something?
Oh right, I forgot to mention, WHAT THE FUCK WOULD WE BE GETTING PAID FOR?

Because you know, it makes soooooooo much sense for someone to pay not one, but TWO shills on some car website for a guy who does one on one consultation and sells two books on his website.

BACK THE TRUCK UP because you're a business genius.

Oh wait, you're not. You're a stupid fat fuck.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 3,862 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Oh right, I forgot to mention, WHAT THE FUCK WOULD WE BE GETTING PAID FOR?

Because you know, it makes soooooooo much sense for someone to pay not one, but TWO shills on some car website for a guy who does one on one consultation and sells two books on his website.

BACK THE TRUCK UP because you're a business genius.

Oh wait, you're not. You're a stupid fat fuck.
well i fiigured you had a vendetta against breakfast for a reason.
maybe your mom just never made you any breakfast and your hatin on it cause of that.

i dont fucking know. i cant think of another reason why someone would go around telling everyone not to eat breakfast.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #36
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Us
Posts: 123
Thanked 35 Times in 13 Posts
i rarely eat breakfast
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #37
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^ but breakfast is the most 'important meal of the day!'
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #38
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
canucks_fan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 233
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
i agree, I started eating breakfast this year as a sort of new years resolution and I find i have so much more energy throughout the day. Usually have a banana, granola bar and Milk, breakfast of champs!
canucks_fan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
RacePace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond
Posts: 11,180
Thanked 1,315 Times in 328 Posts
in 4 more Dafonz rage

__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Girl
^ Yes it's sad when you stare at the shape of my penis through my overly skin tight jeans and not help but feel like a shameful little boy compared to me.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #40
zoo
My homepage has been set to RS
 
zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,061
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
buy yourself a magic bullet blender
go to costco and buy some frozen berries
throw a banana and some frozen berries onto the blender and use milk or water and make yourslef a smoothie
add yougart and or protein if you like
great breakfast and it has some good nutrition
this will start your day off great
thank me later
__________________
Be carefull when you drink and drive....You might spill your drink
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net