REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #276
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/com...mailed_former/
Advertisement
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #277
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Published on Saturday, 28 April 2012 23:05 | | Print |

Reply to letter from ex-DCI James Woolsey
re: 1993 Briefing

23 September 1999

Tonight I was asked by the editor of a small UFO newsletter (CNI News) to comment on a recent letter signed by former CIA Director R. James Woolsey et al regarding my meeting with him on December 13,1993. Apparently, this letter was sent to Michael Lindemann for publication in the September 30 edition of the CNI newsletter.

Mr. Woolsey and the others question the accuracy (or manners) of my depiction of this meeting in the introduction of my new book "Extraterrestrial Intelligence: The Evidence and Implications". You can read this introduction on the website for yourself.

Mr. Woolsey et al have a very selective memory of this nearly 3 hour briefing of a sitting CIA Director. If anything, and my wife who was present can attest to this, my description of the meeting is incredibly understated.

In his letter, Mr. Woolsey (now apparently a lobbyist in Washington) implies that this was not a briefing but only a dinner party, and that the dinner party was not a cover story for the briefing, etc.

It must be understood that it was a friend of the CIA Director, Mr. Petersen - not myself - who characterized the dinner party as a cover story for the meeting with the CIA Director. Indeed, Mr. Petersen made the arrangements for this meeting and hosted it at his home in Arlington VA . He told me and my wife that even his wife did not know Mr. Woolsey was coming to their home for dinner until the morning of the briefing.

They claim my characterization and specific references describing the meeting were inaccurate. Not at all.

Quoting from a sensitive memo FedEx'ed to my home from Mr. Petersen, who made all of the arrangements with the CIA Director:

"I talked to Woolsey this morning and he (underlined in the original) suggested getting together over dinner. He was not aware of your organization or that anyone was planning such an announcement {regarding UFOs}. This almost certainly means that,

there is an active attempt being made at lower levels of government to sabotage Project Starlight {the CSETI UFO disclosure effort},
this group almost certainly has tapped your phones and is aware of most of the details of your plans..."
"If we do have dinner with Jim (Woolsey), we will have moved this whole thing to a much, much higher plane and in doing so raised significant red flags for those who don't want to see this succeed. Operation Starlight will become a serious (underlined) threat to the status quo."

"Meetings with people like Woolsey must be kept very closely guarded. I have not even told Diane {Mr. Petersen's wife/smg} about it."

"You must understand that great principalities and powers will oppose your plans..."

Then, all in bold: "Remember: the most powerful people in the world will have a deep, compelling interest in our activities and will use everything (in italics) at their disposal to effect their objectives."

And so forth.

Mr. Petersen, who heads up a national security think tank called The Arlington Institute, was working very closely with me during those days and had substantial experience in national security and military matters.

From the above quotes it is obvious that this was no mere dinner party! The dinner party was only the cover - and the stakes were and are every bit what Mr. Petersen describes.

As for other information contested in Mr. Woolsey's letter, I stand by the account. Regarding Mr. Woolsey's UFO sighting : This was first conveyed to me by his long-time friend Mr. Petersen and was later confirmed at the briefing.

In my new book, I reproduce the document handed to Mr. Woolsey during the briefing. In this document, which I handed personally to him, we recommend that Mr. Woolsey and the President move decisively towards a near-term disclosure of the UFO/ETI matter. Just a dinner party?

I am certain that Mr. Woolsey knew the UFOs were real and that a very deep cover project was running that area - a project which had kept the CIA Director himself in the dark.

Later in their letter, Mr. Woolsey et al complain that my conduct "contravenes ....simple manners". Manners? I was on Larry King Live over 9 months after the meeting with the CIA Director. But this meeting was not disclosed, because Mr. Woolsey was still in office and I felt decorum necessitated silence regarding such meetings. I have behaved with the utmost restraint and have disclosed such matters only after very careful consideration. Indeed, I would not be writing this letter except that Lindemann at CNI plans to publish Mr. Woolsey's 'sanitized ' account of the briefing and has compelled me to write. (Why Mr. Woolsey et al would make such a letter available to Lindemann is beyond me.) I made no pact of silence regarding such meetings. And since disclosing this meeting, I have always portrayed Mr. Woolsey and his wife as people seeking the truth of such matters and as people who wanted excessive secrecy ended. Perhaps I was wrong...

Manners? Indeed - if anything, perhaps I have been too restrained.

Good 'manners' as it pertains to this subject means speaking the truth - and being willing to stand up for it. Good manners would be public servants such as Mr. Woolsey, Dr. Woolsey and others doing the right thing and working ardently for the truth to be told regarding UFOs and ETI. Good manners should mean being more concerned for the health of our democracy and the Constitution than covering-up the import and purpose of such a briefing. And good manners would be joining in the effort to disclose a matter which, once made public, would allow earth-saving technologies to be revealed which would halt the wholesale destruction of our eco-system.

As a very busy emergency doctor in NC, with 4 young daughters, I assure you that we did not make that brief trip to Washington DC on December 13, 1993 to sight-see or just to have dinner. But rather, we made that journey to plead for the end of super-secret projects which are being withheld from the people so that our democracy could be made whole and our children's future made sustainable.

The current attempt to minimize, obfuscate or cover-up the purpose and details of this briefing with the CIA Director is quite disconcerting - and strange. Why Mr. Woolsey and the others would write such a letter is unknown to me. We can only speculate. I stand by my account. But now, perhaps the time has come for ''we the people' to demand that current and former officials such as CIA Director Woolsey and the President be held responsible for the the lack of action on resolving this most pressing problem. After all, we pay their salaries, provide their perks - and they represent us. It is not I who needs defense. My actions over these long years have spoken my commitment. But we still await action from our elected and appointed officials. As the earth groans under the weight of the errosive and corrupting influences of big money and special interests, I wonder just how much longer we shall have to wait...

I think it is time that the American people demand that the waiting time be over.

Steven M. Greer M.D.
CSETI Director

Albemarle County
Virginia

This letter may be reproduced but ONLY in its entirety.

©1999 Steven M. Greer M.D.
Dr. Greer's response to former Director of Central Intelligence Woolsey's letter re 1993 briefing.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #278
HELP ME PLS!!!

This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #279
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Greer is a nut, and his podcast with Joe clearly demonstrates that.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #280
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

here you go lol
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #281
HELP ME PLS!!!

There was a UFO Citizen's Hearing (Think of the Disclosure Project in 2001) that was conducted in the beginning of May at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. I urge everyone that is interested in this topic to check it out. It was a 5 day conference with over 30 hours of recorded material. There's very detailed and informative material from personal testimony. It will be nearly impossible to upload that much material to stream, but it's available in a variety of channels online if you know where to look.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #282

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #283
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,585 Times in 4,300 Posts
I watched it a couple months back, it's a pretty good and interesting movie.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #284
spammin my services for a case of stella...

www.facebook.com/DIstrictOfParanormalPhenomena
pretty interesting vids

quality > quantity
midnight_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #285
In RS I Trust

My mom sent this to me today lol

Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by murd0c; 12-01-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #286
In RS I Trust

WOW this hasn't been updated in ages

This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #287
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
This "reporter" is a moron. "The cameras are infrared and don't emit light" - actually, they do. That's what all those little dots are above the lens: IR-emitting LEDs.

View Screen Capture

That's why the deer themselves are lit up; that's why their eyes are glowing. The "UFO" is probably an owl whose eyes are also reflecting the IR - hard to tell since they never bothered to post actual video from the trail camera, but just stills that support the "story".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #288
In RS I Trust

A 13000 Year Old Alien Satellite?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #289
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Why don't they catch that shit and bring it down for study?
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #290
HELP ME PLS!!!

Anomaly Hovering Above Earth's Atmosphere

Image: http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/DatabaseImag...10-35-5264.JPG

Before someone complains about the legitimacy of this image. Link is directly linked to NASA's image database. Link alive as of 12:18AM PST, 02/03/2015.

Take it for what it's worth.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 11:40 PM   #291
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Puma.Punku still amazes me
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #292
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

here's a debunk article. not sure if it's based on fact or not but interesting.

Puma Punku | Ancient Aliens Debunked
Old 08-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #293
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There's a reason why movies like Independence Day, Armegeddon, the Day After Tomorrow and War of the Worlds are always on TV. The government is preparing us for shit that's going to be going down!
SkydiveDan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #294
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Interesting stuff going on in LA tonight that has people speculating it's UFOs.

Witnesses report seeing bright light streak across sky | abc7.com
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 PM   #295
In RS I Trust

no question thats a missile, you can tell by the shape and the way its traveling through the air.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #296
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,148 Times in 139 Posts
^ lol no one flies a missile over a densely populated city like that.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:33 AM   #297

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts

Not a UFO.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:57 AM   #298
RS controls my life!

Old 12-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #299
In RS I Trust

Not Aliens but I didn't know where else to put this...

Old 12-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #300
My homepage has been set to RS

its hard for people not to believe in aliens! I'm sayin why doesnt the governments just say they found alien life blah blah blah and just get it out in the open!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote