REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

French Bulldog tips/breeder.

Are there any local breeders here, I saw some breeder out in middle of BC which is really far if I want to go see their place and dog's parents.

Also my research tells me Frenchies are not high maintenance and can live in apartment with 2 walks/day.

Are there any specific things i need to look for? healthwise?,, Interent search says "breathing/airway issue, hip issues etc."

I am also considering boston terrier too, similar size, similar looking.

What's a fair price? i have seen $1450---$2500 from different places
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

French Bulldogs are prone to joint diseases, spinal disorders, heart defects and eye problems. Dams often have to deliver pups by cesarean section, because pups have relatively large heads. They often have respiratory problems. They tend to wheeze and snore and have trouble in hot weather. Prone to heat stroke. An overweight Frenchie may have trouble breathing, because of a swollen abdomen. Do not overfeed this breed. Putting them under anesthesia is risky because of their breathing issues. French Bulldogs are high maintenance and potential owners need to be aware that their vet bills may be high. Take this into consideration before choosing a Frenchie puppy.

copy n pasted
Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

We have a 7 Months old, male Frenchie named Artie! We got him from a breeder from Vancouver Island. You may take a while before choosing your breeder as many planned breeding only produce 1-3 pups and many are reserved months to years in advance.

I would recommend you to consider sourcing a French Bulldog from a reputable breeder. Otherwise if you choose the fast route of a pet store or from a puppy mill breeder you will encounter high vet cost in the future. Beware of French bulldog colors that have been genetically bred for and do alot of research!

Frenchies vet bills for joints, breathing, defects are not cheap!

French Bulldogs usually start at 2500 + from a reputable breeder.

Best for you to visit one of the French Bulldog meets and ask the owners questions -
http://www.meetup.com/frenchbulldog-48/
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Check out the French Bulldog Club of BC, there are lots of links to resources and such on there.
http://www.fbcwc.ca/index.php

Make sure you get one from a good breeder that can provide you will a written guarantee and have done health testing on the parents and such as vet bill's add up!!
whitescirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
VLS Pet Forum Mod

I know the breeder Brenda Anwyll. She is local and a very good breeder. Her dogs are all friendly and well built. They live in the home and grow up around cats.
You are probably looking at the 2000 to 2800 range for price.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

did you end up getting a frenchie?

Just got a french bulldog puppy from a breeder in north van a couple days ago, he has 1 male and 1 female left for $1500 non ckc registered

Good times !