REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #26
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I think a big selling point is they have to find a way to make the console reverse compatible with Wii games on the new console.
Advertisement

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #27
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
They better make a crazy super mario game .. None of that gimmick mario galaxy crap
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
^+1. Mario Galaxy was garbage.
Don't know if you're trolling. But these comments really prove you know nothing about gaming. I wonder if you guys even played those games. They are works of art, and will go down in history...

SkinnyPupp, Ocarina of Time?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymac View Post
crazy thing about that stat is from what I understand, 360 is basically North America/Euro only. they have almost no market over seas
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,859 Times in 1,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Mario Galaxy is probably one of the best games made in the last 10 years, along with Portal and Half Life 2. You guys are insane.
I agree, I thought Mario Galaxy was a great game but I never got attached to it like I did to Super Mario 64. Maybe because I didn't spend countless hours getting all the additional stars and extras, like I did with Mario 64 in my teen years.
Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a late comer to the Wii system, I only bought it just over a year ago because I got it free with my Visa points, and it was the only system with games my Wife was willing to play.

My little sister bought me the new Goldeneye for Christmas. I literally played through the first level, put it on my shelf and haven't played it again since. The Wiimote and Nunchuck just cannot replace a mouse and WASD.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
Ocarina of Time is being remade for the 3ds and its suppose to be release in the summer?

the changes is very subtle, just better textures and added polygon count, you can hardly tell the difference unless you look at screenshots from n64 side by side

that piano score seriously brings back memories of those weeknights trying to finish the game while i was supposed to be doing my hw in high school

cant imagine what the video game industry will be like the day shigeru miyamoto dies.....
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
wow. Nostalgia overload. I think it's time to dredge up the N64 from the depths of the basement.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,239 Times in 2,432 Posts
I Dreamcast

9/9/99
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
crazy thing about that stat is from what I understand, 360 is basically North America/Euro only. they have almost no market over seas
its huge in japan. srsly.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #34
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
its huge in japan. srsly.
Region... Xbox....PS3
Canada 870,000 1.5 million
USA 25.4 million 13.5 million
Europe 13.7 million 16 million
UK +3.9 million 3 million
Japan 1,448,665 6,341,950
Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #35
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Don't know if you're trolling. But these comments really prove you know nothing about gaming. I wonder if you guys even played those games. They are works of art, and will go down in history...

SkinnyPupp, Ocarina of Time?
I was a kid who grew up playing console games during the n64 and ps1 era. Ive spent countless hours playing super mario 64 because of it was like you were in another "world". There were so many different portraits you could jump into and each portrait had its objectives in different parts of the portrait. Shit was insane... From different stages like the desert / haunted house / bowser worlds / sunken ship / snow mountain / lava worlds etc. Every stage was unique, and you would have to go to all the different stages in order to get 120 stars. It was also a bit difficult at times, took effort to collect certain stars especially if you didnt have a guide book and since the internet was not as popular as it is now.

Super mario galaxy was a huge letdown because i was expecting the same epicness from super mario 64. I was expecting a "galaxy" and all i got was an easy game where you had to go through fucking obstacles that were designed to make use of the stupid nanchuk system. I felt like i was playing a game designed for kids and older adults whove never gamed before. It would be fun in a one-time-play sense. I beat the game and never looked at it again.

I hope nintendo will try to steer clear of introducing new gimmicks, and concentrate more on the content and gameplay like their consoles pre-wii. I doubt any "gamer" would choose wii as their main platform to game.
Posted via RS Mobile
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote