REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
purple nail

This has been bothering me since the morning. I was lifting weights when the dumbells collapsed on my pinky, and now its purple getting more and more stiff that I cant even move that joint... The part im rly nervous about is whether its a fracture, I couldnt rly tell, cus it was weights falling on top of it, but um rly hoping this shit heals up quick cus I have exams to write next week that I cant skip out on... Anyone know effective methods to treat this?

instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

1) Get it x-rayed for breaks. There's a really fragile bone in the tips of your fingers which may have been crushed.
2) Ice it.
3) If broked keep immobile.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

dont worry about it will heal
it gets real stiff and puffy feeling
happened to me countless times
ice is your friend
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
so i went to a walk-in clinic, and the doctor poked a hole through the nail. Right after, blood start gushing out like a geyser, but boy did it feel alot better afterward. Now, my hand is alot more mobile than it was compared to the stiff, bone-cracking feeling i had before. Btw thanks for the advice guys, but i found that ice was of no help at all, it just elevated the level of stiffness. Speaking of which, hot water proved to be a big reliever in increasing the blood flow around my pinky, but even that was of minimal benefit.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
if your nail ever goes black/purple, take a needle, heat up the end with a lighter, and poke a hole to relieve the pressure! if you dont, you risk the chance of having your fingernail falling off....

ive hit my fingers with hammers countless times...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote