REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   asian dating culture ways (https://www.revscene.net/forums/644324-asian-dating-culture-ways.html)

smalone_99 05-01-2011 10:54 PM

asian dating culture ways

just curious do a lot of asian guys when they date their gfs is it always or mostly all the time they pay for them. be it dinner, movies, .....etc vacation, and also buying them gifts like bags, jewelry....etc i heard this is the asian style and alot of the guys do it. esp chinese, taiwan , hk
also the aisan girls expect it too. pretty much the asian guys spoil their gfs and pay for everything.expect guy to have a nice ride mercedes and picked up and wooo and wowed

white guys and their culture is more halves and not as much material . oppoiste of asian culture and more like u pay ur own

like to hear your thoughts

Shades 05-01-2011 11:43 PM

I sense a storm coming.

TypeRNammer 05-01-2011 11:54 PM

It's not based on culture.

It's just an ethnic stereotype.

DavidNguyen 05-02-2011 12:07 AM

fook dat, i let her pay for me.

jaebomb 05-02-2011 12:08 AM

^ obviously your boss nguyen !!
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.HappySilp 05-02-2011 01:05 AM

Is this Joe_45?!?!?!?

Glove 05-02-2011 09:42 AM

lol,

my gf is asian,

im white,

I dont pay for shit,

and she likes it

Gumby 05-02-2011 10:05 AM

:facepalm:

You guys need to look at who the thread starter is before responding.

k2_alpha 05-02-2011 10:26 AM

Keep in mind there is no such thing as White and Asian culture in regards to your question. It has all to do with what region you are posing your question.

Males in your "Asian culture" pay for majority of the costs because it is the norm in those places.

I am assuming in regards to "White Culture," you are refering to Western culture.
Western culture has a more balanced way. Things are spilt more equaly.

Regardless of region or culture, men will pay majority of the cost a the beginning of relationship. Men are to court females. Paying is just part of the game.
The difference lies, in how long before the females start for pay as well.

v.Rossi 05-02-2011 12:07 PM

It's okay if your less than 4 inchs Joe, chicks will accept master card or visa.
Posted via RS Mobile

PK-EK 05-02-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.Rossi (Post 7417399)
It's okay if your less than 4 inchs Joe, chicks will accept master card or visa.
Posted via RS Mobile

I exspected an epic reply from you......:speechless:

ForbiddenX 05-02-2011 01:29 PM

^So he can feed the troll?

k2_alpha 05-02-2011 01:52 PM

Post only if you have constructive material in reference to OP's post.

Next person to mention joe_45 gets points

CP.AR 05-02-2011 03:06 PM

my girlfriend and I (both from very traditional Hong Kong families)...

- we split everything evenly, except on birthdays and whatnot
- she helps me save money
- sure sometimes she "wants" something and I buy it for her, but these are things like teddy bears and stuff, generally under 50 dollars and maybe happens once or twice per year.

- Maybe we're just different... a lot of friends tell me that we resemble a married couple more than a dating couple. but oh well

Matlock 05-02-2011 05:00 PM

I pay more, she pays some.
But I also make more, even when I'm on EI.

I think its somewhat proportional to what you earn.
But, I then again only look Asian. I'm also 4th generation Canadian.

BaoTurbo 05-02-2011 07:11 PM

Personally its not culture, it's what you girlfriend thinks. I pay for some stuff mostly but she pays like a rare case. Things like movies, I pay for it, things like food, we split evenly. Idk, thats how we kinda do it and its just based on both persons' personalities and opinions.

xmisstrinh 05-02-2011 10:05 PM

it get uncomfortable when my boyfriend pays for everything in one day. one time he bought lunch, and snack.... i had grab the bill for dinner cus i felt terribly uncomfortable for him to pay for everything....

Culture_Vulture 05-02-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7417001)
It's not based on culture.

It's just an ethnic stereotype.

It IS based on culture. It is also a ethnic stereotype. You can't have the latter without having the former.

Just like how when I go out with my Caucasian friends, (or my Asian friends who grew up here) it's always go-dutch. Nobody ever thinks of treating anybody else unless it's a special occasion.
Sure, I might spot for you once or twice, but if you're blatantly not going to the bank when we're going to a cash only place, then I won't dine with you anymore.

On the other hand, when I go out with my Asian friends (particularly my Chinese friends), there is an implied system of reciprocity going on. If I'm getting up to use the washroom after the meal, I'll pick up the check along the way. This is true within friendship relationships and even more so in professional/business environments. Nobody ever says it, it's just embedded within how the particular social system operates.

Now do I approve of it? Not particularly. Under very few circumstances will I pay for everything when I'm with my girlfriend. But then again, that's another social paradigm that the two of us have developed.

ImKai 05-03-2011 07:12 PM

everyone has there diff ways bro : P

winson604 05-04-2011 09:03 AM

No rules with me and my gf. Sometimes I pay for it all sometimes she pays for it all. Neither of us would ever expect anything. For the most part I try to pay most of the time but we also kind of have that thinking of her money and my money is our money so it doesn't really matter who pays for the meal, or groceries, or canucks game, or anything for that fact.

Mr.HappySilp 05-04-2011 09:21 AM

^^ your money is "our money" and her money is "her money"

PK-EK 05-04-2011 09:24 AM

Get Rich girl. she pays for dinner with Daddy's Credit Card = win

PK-EK 05-04-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 7420214)
^^ your money is "our money" and her money is "her money"

Wanted to "Thank" you but I see no thank button!

mruppal 05-04-2011 05:16 PM

like the comments above, it all depends on the way you both see it as

my "friend" and i usually split whatever needs to get paid. one night i may get dinner, then maybe after dinner she would pay for coffee / movie.

mb_ 05-04-2011 09:53 PM

^pic of your "friend" :troll: