REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #101
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^

wtf? that shitty? passport does honor one year warranty tho
Advertisement
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #102
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I agree with the thought of buying a radar detector, and disputing pretty much any ticket you get. The potential costs associated are disproportionate to the crime - 20 over on a clear sunny day should not have a potential penalty north of $800. Anyone in their right mind would fight that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzystar View Post
I am better than everyone, you, your brothers, sisters, fathers, moms, even your fucking dogs. I can drive all drivetrain platforms and all types of industrial machinery, and I got a fucking nuclear sub, yeah thats right, a fucking nuclear sub.

fuck you, and all your shit.

this is revscene in it's entirety. /thread.
Captain Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #103
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - ICBC is backing away from a controversial proposal which would've seen things like a single speeding ticket factored into insurances rates.
The move follows a promised meeting with Solicitor General Shirley Bond. She doesn't mind the idea, but has asked ICBC to rethink the options.
"While the principals of a rate structure that differentiates between good drivers and bad drivers is worth considering, I've directed ICBC to go back to the drawing board and rethink the options," said Bond. "My job is to make sure that I'm looking after what's best for BC families."
ICBC will now undertake a province-wide consultation to get your opinion. "We didn't do a good enough job of communicating with the public or with the government about the changes we were considering, and we apologize for the concern this caused," says ICBC President and CEO Jon Schubert.
Meantime, NDP Finance critic Bruce Ralston says the move probably means the Liberals don't want to deal with higher insurance rates heading into a provincial election.
"If there is some sort of opposition to these kinds of measures, at this point she is prepared to listen. But given the record of the BC Liberals I don't think they'll listen in the long term, that's for sure."
When the plan was brought up in the Legislature last week, Ralston called on the government to scrap it immediately.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...uring-proposal
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #104
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
LOL, where is Falcon who got on his high horse and called most people in this thread an idiot and suggest we do some research. It looks like it's ICBC that failed, there CEO even says they didn't do a good job communicating with the public.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #105
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...s.html?ref=rss

ICBC has withdrawn their proposal to add rate hikes for speeders.

Quote:
ICBC withdraws controversial speeding ticket rate hikes

ICBC CEO and president Jon Schubert has been told to rethink a controversial proposal to hike the rates of drivers who get a single traffic ticket. ICBC CEO and president Jon Schubert has been told to rethink a controversial proposal to hike the rates of drivers who get a single traffic ticket. (CBC)

The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia has withdrawn its controversial proposal to hike the insurance rates of drivers who get a speeding ticket or other moving violations.

According to a statement issued by the Crown corporation on Monday morning, the move follows a meeting with the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General Shirley Bond, who told ICBC to ensure it applies a test of, "being reasonable - and a hike in premiums for a single speeding ticket is not reasonable."

"While the principals of a rate structure that differentiates between good drivers and bad drivers is worth considering, I've directed ICBC to go back to the drawing board and rethink the options," Bond was quoted in the statement.

ICBC's president and CEO Jon Schubert apologized for fumbling the proposal in the statement.

"We didn't do a good enough job of communicating with the public or with government about the changes we were considering, and we apologize for the concern this caused," said Schubert.
Proposal hit immediate opposition

The provincially-owned insurance company said Wednesday it plans to overhaul its rate structure to reward safe drivers and punish those with traffic violations. The penalties would cover all moving violations, including unsafe passing, following too close, and running a red light.

But the announcement immediately ran into opposition from both sides of the legislature with both the government and the opposition calling for ICBC to rethink the proposal.

ICBC says it will now undertake a provincewide consultation and rethink the proposal.

"We're going to take a step back and rethink the options for a reasonable way to share risk, and we'll do a much better job of gathering public input."

Details on where and how customers can provide feedback will be announced in the coming weeks.

"It is really important for us to get this right for our customers," said Schubert. "I want to assure customers that we will not recommend any changes without much broader consultation."
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #106
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

That was short lived.
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #107
RS controls my life!

So does this mean they are taking away the premium for speeders that just got 1 ticket right?
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #108
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

It means they've abandoned that plan and are looking for a new one.

Probably because too many MLAs have speeding tickets so they were all like "Bad ICBC! Bad!"

Since that is the ONLY reason I can imagine the Liberals and NDP agreeing on anything.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #109
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
It means they've abandoned that plan and are looking for a new one.

Probably because too many MLAs have speeding tickets so they were all like "Bad ICBC! Bad!"

Since that is the ONLY reason I can imagine the Liberals and NDP agreeing on anything.
Or to make it simpler, increase rates overall.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #110
I'm invisible

I can probably see them, being more lenient on the number of ticket a person gets before they jack up the premium.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #111
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Problem is, with the driver risk premium BS, you basically already pay higher premiums, given that a single excessive speed ticket costs $320 every year for 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzystar View Post
I am better than everyone, you, your brothers, sisters, fathers, moms, even your fucking dogs. I can drive all drivetrain platforms and all types of industrial machinery, and I got a fucking nuclear sub, yeah thats right, a fucking nuclear sub.

fuck you, and all your shit.

this is revscene in it's entirety. /thread.
Captain Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote