REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^
ya I know eh
it's been 5+ years, still waiting=p
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
OP, i'll give you scrap value for your car if you don't want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
true. but i'm going by the damage to the OP's vehicle and what he said in his post:

i'm ASSuming that there is some damage. maybe/maybe not worth fixing.
Ya, reread it after I posted and I see what you mean. If you go off his pic it looks like the damage was done by a vertical pole, ie. doesn't look like it bent over after the initial contact? That's my reasoning atleast but i'm not an adjuster haha.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #28
Not a mod

The pictures, license plate, and written submission forwarded to a friend thats a cop in Richmond. Had you accepted responsibility for your own stupidity, I wouldnt have done it.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
oh boy...

Qmx323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts

this thread has potential
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
The light post is on the ground and glass is everywhere on the corner. I was wondering who hit it this time as I drove by yesturday.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #32
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #33
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
That's not totaled.

i think that's pretty much a right off....by the look of it, he hit that post pretty hard..look at the quater panel buckle..not worth fixing for a older
bmw..
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

New tires would of cost you $900

Light poll that you damage cost $2000 (not including labor)

written off your 96 bmw $5000

You commited a crime and got away with it, now you come ON Revscene telling people what you did providing a picture with proof! you must be sitting there thinking why the hell did i write this up. "I'm SUCH an Idiot! great i can't edit fast enough and people have quoted me" what should i do now? delete my account?? and then this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
The pictures, license plate, and written submission forwarded to a friend thats a cop in Richmond. Had you accepted responsibility for your own stupidity, I wouldnt have done it.
fucking priceless..lol

be expected to get a call from the RCMP soon
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
I'm all for OP for manning up to his mistakes, but no one likes a fucking snitch.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^
1+
ya man, that's not cool......
Old 05-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #37
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Hahahaha.

Report to ICBC, what if you have injuries? Then you are SOL.
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #38
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

You sir have screwed yourself. should have just sent/sold it to a scrap yard and gotten another vehicle to putter around in after swapping over the insurance
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
I smell bullshit.
swapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #40
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

1. Tilt laptop
2. Push away from you
3. ???
4. Profit!
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
wow.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #42
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
I would have done it if you hadn't. There's nothing wrong with being a snitch...this guy is potentially contributing to the overall increase in premiums.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,027 Times in 547 Posts
man, i am indifferent about this situation though...
i totally understand why you would fwd the info to a rcmp

But, its like you are telling your friends about the weed you smoked last week, and someone ratted you out to the cops....

i think OP takes revscene as a community/brotherhood if you will, you can be a good friend that will tell him the RIGHT MOVE is to MANN UP, but just rattin him out like that...I dont know... think abt it, do you think twice before tellin your friends how you fucked up smth?

Look @ the "how much weed do you smoke" in the NSFW part of the forum, i dont see anyone rattin any of them out... just sayin'

now thats out of the way

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
I guess one can easily argue that if everyone was as irresponsible as the OP..then yes all hell will break lose and premiums and taxes will shoot up.

But honestly, I doubt one or a few accidents like this will make difference to you as taxpayers.

No personal property/possession was damaged, nothing was stolen, no one was scamed no one was hurt...why snitch?

I hope I'm not being trolled by Soulcrusher haha
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

The guy is looking for some advice and help, not to be shitted on and say "yea you fucked up hard this time bro"

We all have accidents and thats why it's called an "accident" because you never meant to do it. I don't see OP with any faults here that can put the blame on him like a DIU etc...

Personally I think you should just walk away from it and get a new car. Just like what dark0821 said, no one should purposely rat out someone when no one was harmed in any way thankfully and someone is seeking some advice on what to do.

Just my 2 cents
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #46
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Go to ICBC.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #47
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Dude I think your license plate is illegal
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I'm all for OP for manning up to his mistakes, but no one likes a fucking snitch.
The OP is in violation of the Motor Vehicle Act and committing an offence. When people commit offences like murder, vandalism, abuse, you wouldn't report it?

I know it may not seem to be the same level as a murder, but more on that later.

Duty of driver at accident
68 (1) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle that is, directly or indirectly, involved in an accident on a highway must do all of the following:
(a) remain at or immediately return to the scene of the accident;
(b) render all reasonable assistance;
(c) produce in writing to any other driver involved in the accident and to anyone sustaining loss or injury, and, on request, to a witness
(i) his or her name and address,
(ii) the name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle,
(iii) the licence number of the vehicle, and
(iv) particulars of the motor vehicle liability insurance card or financial responsibility card for that vehicle,
or such of that information as is requested.

(3) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in damage to property on or adjacent to a highway, other than a vehicle under subsection (2), must take reasonable steps to locate and notify in writing the owner or person in charge of the property of the fact of the accident and of the following:
(a) the name and address of the driver, operator or other person in charge of the vehicle;
(b) the name and address of the registered owner;
(c) the licence number of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I guess one can easily argue that if everyone was as irresponsible as the OP..then yes all hell will break lose and premiums and taxes will shoot up.

But honestly, I doubt one or a few accidents like this will make difference to you as taxpayers.

No personal property/possession was damaged, nothing was stolen, no one was scamed no one was hurt...why snitch?

I hope I'm not being trolled by Soulcrusher haha
Yes no personal property was damage, what about public property? Isn't there a value on public property? We all pay for it through taxes.

The OP owes a duty as a driver at an accident to notify the proper owner. Who might that be? The city. How would he do so? Well he can first start off by reporting it to ICBC.

It's not just about higher premiums, its about safety. How can you foresee that no one will get hurt? Just because no one did, there is still an increase in the probability that the general public could get hurt as a result of the OP's negligence if the lamppost was not reported and fixed ASAP. The lamppost is on the ground for crying out loud:

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
The light post is on the ground and glass is everywhere on the corner. I was wondering who hit it this time as I drove by yesturday.
Although I cannot attest the exact location of the fallen lamppost, if it fell on the road on a highway on or off ramp that could well be a blind corner, someone COULD get hurt.

Here is a prime example, do you remember this? The person responsible for the gate at BCIT was negligent and could have killed the driver in the STI. In our case, the OP by leaving the accident and not notifying the proper authorities, leaving a lamppost on the ground is surely negligent or at least contributorily negligent if someone were to get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
We all have accidents and thats why it's called an "accident" because you never meant to do it. I don't see OP with any faults here that can put the blame on him like a DIU etc...

Personally I think you should just walk away from it and get a new car. Just like what dark0821 said, no one should purposely rat out someone when no one was harmed in any way thankfully and someone is seeking some advice on what to do.
OP committed an offence under the MVA, and is negligent of his duty as a driver after an accident. What is DIU, you mean DUI? He would have to be under the influence of a drug. There is no way to pin that on him, however his could well be driving without care and attention.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz

Last edited by Noizz; 05-14-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #49
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Dont buy another car, your just gonna total that one too.. take the bus from now on you moron
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
man, i am indifferent about this situation though...
i totally understand why you would fwd the info to a rcmp

But, its like you are telling your friends about the weed you smoked last week, and someone ratted you out to the cops....

i think OP takes revscene as a community/brotherhood if you will, you can be a good friend that will tell him the RIGHT MOVE is to MANN UP, but just rattin him out like that...I dont know... think abt it, do you think twice before tellin your friends how you fucked up smth?

Look @ the "how much weed do you smoke" in the NSFW part of the forum, i dont see anyone rattin any of them out... just sayin'

now thats out of the way
The difference is that we're not his friends. We do not know if his accident was genuine or that of a careless one. His actions made the public streets less safe as a result.

Smoking weed on the other hand, as it is illegal, it is a grey area. Does smoking weed directly affect someone's safety? Do you think that drivers who do not drive with due care and attention affect the safety of the public more so than those who smoke weed?

Also, you would have a hard time identifying who is smoking weed through the internet, whereas you have picture worth a thousand words from the OP.

I find it quite hypocritical, when RS members who are strongly against drinking and driving, speeding, and reckless driving, actually failed SoulCrusher for reporting this incident.

You guys reported, on multiple occasions, people doing burnouts at the RS meets, taking pictures of them and sending them to police. How is this any different? Did anyone ultimately get hurt from that guy doing a burnout that year? No, but yet you all applauded when an RS member submitted pictures to the police.

I'm just trying to elaborate the perspective of SoulCrusher. There is no reason why he should have been failed for his post and his actions.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz

Last edited by Noizz; 05-14-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: