REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Totaled car need help. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645309-totaled-car-need-help.html)

Fappin 05-13-2011 03:26 PM

Totaled car need help.

So I totaled my car few nights ago. Tires lost grip on wet roads on the freeway and I spun out of control slamming into a light post. You guys probably saw the damage I did if you took the exit ramp from Alderbridge onto Knight.

That aside I don't know what I should do about the car now. Claiming through ICBC would be the last thing I want because I don't want my insurance to sky rocket and fear city might charge me for the light post lol. Can someone tell me how salvaging your car works?

No witnesses after the crash and I was able to drive home before the battery completely died the next day.

Pics of the car below
http://oi54.tinypic.com/23j5q95.jpg

orange7 05-13-2011 03:32 PM

rofl

alwaysideways 05-13-2011 03:38 PM

destruction of pblic property then you ran and posted online about it where cops frequent

you sir are awesome!

Riddle 05-13-2011 03:42 PM

the ops guys at city hall must be confused when they saw the damage in the morning. lol

illicitstylz 05-13-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fappin (Post 7432547)
So I totaled my car few nights ago. Tires lost grip on wet roads on the freeway and I spun out of control slamming into a light post. You guys probably saw the damage I did if you took the exit ramp from Alderbridge onto Knight.

That aside I don't know what I should do about the car now. Claiming through ICBC would be the last thing I want because I don't want my insurance to sky rocket and fear city might charge me for the light post lol. Can someone tell me how salvaging your car works?

No witnesses after the crash and I was able to drive home before the battery completely died the next day.

Pics of the car below
http://oi54.tinypic.com/23j5q95.jpg

in before OP realizes this post was a bad idea.

rawr 05-13-2011 03:46 PM

http://www.awesometoast.com/wp-conte...l_facepalm.jpg

seakrait 05-13-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fappin (Post 7432547)

Pics of the car below
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...it/23j5q95.jpg

quoted. also, photo's been rehosted. ;)

also, FAIL. man up and report this to ICBC. you know that the repair to the light post plus whatever else you damages comes out of the Richmond city taxes, right? ie: you just cost Richmond residents money.

edit: well, i guess i'm not the only one thinking that the OP might change his/her mind. lol.

Dragon-88 05-13-2011 03:53 PM

How is it that people always spin out on that offramp. Its such a smooth corner...

KayC 05-13-2011 03:57 PM

and you didn't do a good job blurring out your plate, I can still make out what you plate# is.

kyoshiro 05-13-2011 03:59 PM

i'd personally charge you for our lamp post as a richmond resident, take responsibility and stop driving up everyone else's rates and taxes Mr 977 SGC

GabAlmighty 05-13-2011 04:02 PM

That's not totaled.

Dragon-88 05-13-2011 04:03 PM

So you got a BMW, RWD, Low Tread = :fullofwin:

RiceIntegraRS 05-13-2011 04:07 PM

You have 3 options. Report to ICBC, they will pay you out for your car cause thats a definate writeoff minus deductible and your insurance will go up. How
much? depends on how much discount u have now.

Or you can just walk away from this accident and just buy a new car.

Or you can attempt to get it fixed but i wouldnt do it. Thats over 10K in damage unless u take it to some cheap hack shop it maybe cheaper

seakrait 05-13-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyoshiro (Post 7432586)
i'd personally charge you for our lamp post as a richmond resident, take responsibility and stop driving up everyone else's rates and taxes Mr 977 SGC

nice.

KayC 05-13-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakrait (Post 7432607)
lol. how did you get his plate #? nice.

If you are on a laptop, try tilting your screen back, then look at the plate :fullofwin:

seakrait 05-13-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayC (Post 7432612)
If you are on a laptop, try tilting your screen back, then look at the plate :fullofwin:

good eyes. yeah, that's what i did eventually. lol. also, i blame the fact that i'm old.

freakshow 05-13-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakrait (Post 7432624)
good eyes. yeah, that's what i did eventually. lol. also, i blame the fact that i'm old.

I'll admit.. i still can't see it :(

BBMme 05-13-2011 04:39 PM

Reference the light: the chances of you paying for it are pretty low, unless it fell over.
Because, based on my experience yearsssssss ago, I didn't have to pay for mine,even-though the light fell off...... and yes I reported to icbc.

Vale46Rossi 05-13-2011 04:44 PM

The plate is really easy to read.

seakrait 05-13-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer_EH (Post 7432634)
Reference the light: the chances of you paying for it are pretty low, unless it fell over.
Because, based on my experience yearsssssss ago, I didn't have to pay for mine,even-though the light fell off...... and yes I reported to icbc.

yes because then icbc would have paid the city on your behalf (and then recouped the costs by raising your premium). this is what the OP wants to avoid.

if it's a hit and run, then the city would have to fix it themselves incurring most, if not all, costs. where does all this money come from? city resident taxes. unless they make a hit and run claim with icbc (if it's obvious that a vehicle caused the damage), but i assume they'd still have to pay a deductible of some sort.

GabAlmighty 05-13-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakrait (Post 7432640)
yes because then icbc would have paid the city on your behalf (and then recouped the costs by raising your premium). this is what the OP wants to avoid.

if it's a hit and run, then the city would have to fix it themselves incurring most, if not all, costs. where does all this money come from? city resident taxes. unless they make a hit and run claim with icbc (if it's obvious that a vehicle caused the damage), but i assume they'd still have to pay a deductible of some sort.

You're ASSuming it's broken. A couple scrapes isn't going to be considered broken I think.

seakrait 05-13-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 7432641)
You're ASSuming it's broken. A couple scrapes isn't going to be considered broken I think.

true. but i'm going by the damage to the OP's vehicle and what he said in his post:

Quote:

I spun out of control slamming into a light post. You guys probably saw the damage I did if you took the exit ramp from Alderbridge onto Knight.
i'm ASSuming that there is some damage. maybe/maybe not worth fixing.

k3lv 05-13-2011 04:50 PM

I'm surprised no one has said, "that'll buff right out"

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordp...-buff-out1.jpg

BBMme 05-13-2011 05:00 PM

seakrait you're probably right, but the money never came from me nor my insurance policy because I did not claim it. I just reported to icbc.

seakrait 05-13-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer_EH (Post 7432659)
seakrait you're probably right, but the money never came from me nor my insurance policy because I did not claim it. I just reported to icbc.

ah. and nothing ever came of it? interesting. :)