REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #51
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts

IN BEFORE FC

but yeah OP... just man it up and tell ICBC - you can roll in a corolla for a while to slowly build your discount again...
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #52
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Glad that you're okay, but had you not posted this, although unethical, your best option would have just been to walk away scrapping the car. But now, your smartest and best option is to report to ICBC and let them deal with everything. You left the scene of an accident with glass shards everywhere on the highway that could have caused more damage or accidents.
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

lol i saw it, and a ton of glass, i was going to quickly to really pay attention if it snapped in half or not, but it's on it's side for sure.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #54
SardaukarMod

So it seems like there IS significant damage to City property. Now you HAVE to call ICBC since you'll possibly be getting a call from ICBC or the RCMP hit and run unit.

Oh and look up S.252 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
Posted via RS Mobile

Quote:
Failure to stop at scene of accident

252. (1) Every person commits an offence who has the care, charge or control of a vehicle, vessel or aircraft that is involved in an accident with
(a) another person,
(b) a vehicle, vessel or aircraft, or
(c) in the case of a vehicle, cattle in the charge of another person,
and with intent to escape civil or criminal liability fails to stop the vehicle, vessel or, if possible, the aircraft, give his or her name and address and, where any person has been injured or appears to require assistance, offer assistance.
Punishment

(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) in a case not referred to in subsection (1.2) or (1.3) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Offence involving bodily harm

(1.2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) knowing that bodily harm has been caused to another person involved in the accident is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.
Offence involving bodily harm or death

(1.3) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life if
(a) the person knows that another person involved in the accident is dead; or
(b) the person knows that bodily harm has been caused to another person involved in the accident and is reckless as to whether the death of the other person results from that bodily harm, and the death of that other person so results.
Evidence

(2) In proceedings under subsection (1), evidence that an accused failed to stop his vehicle, vessel or, where possible, his aircraft, as the case may be, offer assistance where any person has been injured or appears to require assistance and give his name and address is, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, proof of an intent to escape civil or criminal liability.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 252; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 36; 1994, c. 44, s. 12; 1999, c. 32, s. 1(Preamble).

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a.../page-167.html
edit: hmm.... i wonder if it's any different that the OP had a h&r with property vs another vehicle/person.

edit 2: BC MVA
Quote:
Duty of driver at accident
68 (1) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle that is, directly or indirectly, involved in an accident on a highway must do all of the following:

(a) remain at or immediately return to the scene of the accident;
(b) render all reasonable assistance;
(c) produce in writing to any other driver involved in the accident and to anyone sustaining loss or injury, and, on request, to a witness
(i) his or her name and address,
(ii) the name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle,
(iii) the licence number of the vehicle, and
(iv) particulars of the motor vehicle liability insurance card or financial responsibility card for that vehicle,
or such of that information as is requested.
(2) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle that collides with an unattended vehicle must stop and must
(a) locate and notify in writing the person in charge of or the owner of the unattended vehicle of
(i) the name and address of the driver, operator or other person in charge,
(ii) the name and address of the registered owner, and
(iii) the licence number
of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle, or
(b) leave in a conspicuous place in or on the vehicle collided with a notice in writing giving the information referred to in paragraph (a).
(3) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in damage to property on or adjacent to a highway, other than a vehicle under subsection (2), must take reasonable steps to locate and notify in writing the owner or person in charge of the property of the fact of the accident and of the following:
(a) the name and address of the driver, operator or other person in charge of the vehicle;
(b) the name and address of the registered owner;
(c) the licence number of the vehicle.

Last edited by seakrait; 05-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #55
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
Picture of light pole damage ? i want to see this.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #56
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
jaywalking is also a indirect safety concern...so the next time I see someone dashing in front of my car I should be a hero by stepping out of my car and ask the instigator for identification so I may forward it to a buddy who's a police.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
jaywalking is also a indirect safety concern...so the next time I see someone dashing in front of my car I should be a hero by stepping out of my car and ask the instigator for identification so I may forward it to a buddy who's a police.
Real mature post, the difference between the original argument and yours is that the OP willing posted up his picture/license and expressly. A bit of copy and paste made it possible to forward to authorities. Is it reasonable and convenient for you to step out of your car and reprimand the instigator?

You're comparing apples and oranges here. Here in BC, as you may already know, they are constantly stepping up enforcement against drunk driving. What is it about? It's about getting drunk drivers off the road to make it a safer place. Now what? Replace drunk with irresponsible.

So stop being a smart ass and understand that there is tolerance level as to what the social norm for safety on public roads are.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #58
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

your best solution

Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #59
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Noizz I feel you have a valid argument from the previous page. However, I would never compare a burnout (which is completely intentional...and in front of dozens of people literally meters away from the car) to an accident, despite the obvious damage on OP's car suggests he was driving carelessly.

I admit the convenience of all this already posted on a website made the reporting a lot easier, but the mentality is the same. I can think of many other situations where others have openly admitted to an irresponsible action when they should be reported.

I believe people should take responsibility for their actions, but let the police do their jobs. If you want irresponsible drivers off our road, we should target motorists with burnt taillights and even those who forget to turn on their headlights at night. Where do we draw this tolerence level?

Unless it's blatantly speeding or drunk driving, hit & run to a ped or a personal property, I stick with the MYOB acronyms I learned in elementary school.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post

IN BEFORE FC

but yeah OP... just man it up and tell ICBC - you can roll in a corolla for a while to slowly build your discount again...
or a Yarus
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I believe people should take responsibility for their actions, but let the police do their jobs. If you want irresponsible drivers off our road, we should target motorists with burnt taillights and even those who forget to turn on their headlights at night. Where do we draw this tolerence level?

Unless it's blatantly speeding or drunk driving, hit & run to a ped or a personal property, I stick with the MYOB acronyms I learned in elementary school.
Well said, we both agree that the damage to OP's car is significant.

Now, you said it yourself, unless its blatantly speed or drunk driving, MYOB. How do you know that the OP wasn't blatantly speeding or drunk? Of course he isn't going to admit it in his post.

He may well have been speeding or drunk at the time of the accident. Although I'm in no position to accuse him of this, he leveled a lamp post backwards for crying out loud. I don't think that careless driving would have caused that.

Others may think otherwise, but my original argument was why SoulCrusher would be failed. A snitch is someone who informs the authorities right?

- A burnout is illegal
- Breaching your duty as a driver at an accident is illegal

The burnout is intentional, leaving the scene of your accident and not reporting it is also intentional. Therefore, the burnout situation at previous RS meets where RS members informed the authorities concludes that those members are snitches.

People should take responsibility, but there are those that are not responsible if you don't set an example. Whether you choose to MYOB or "snitch" is really your choice.

It is obvious that we all have different levels of tolerance, so why should someone be failed for expressing their concern? I myself usually MYOB, but I'm just annoyed by the fact that RS is keen on keeping the streets safe, but somehow they fail another member for taking action?

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayC View Post
If you are on a laptop, try tilting your screen back, then look at the plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I'll admit.. i still can't see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
1. Tilt laptop
2. Push away from you
3. ???
4. Profit!
Too much effort....the original picture could be found here

Found on his very own tumblr:
http://bosssnguyen.tumblr.com/
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #63
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Sorry but all of RS doesn't have the same keen goal of keeping the streets safe. We all have different opinions. The ones that failed the "snitch" can already tell you that they think otherwise already in this particular case. Don't think just because a few members were reported doing burnout at meets and doing illegal violations with or without the due care of others, represent that we all care about the crackdown on all criminal activities in and around the City of Vancouver that pass by. In cases that don't affect the community, I personally, can care less already.

I see someone with no lights on at night that could pose a threat to maybe another senior driver that couldn't see easily at night, so I guess I need to take a picture and forward it to the police. I see someone outside my neighborhood that did a U-turn while a police car just passed by the other side and didn't take note of it, so I need to follow the car, take pictures and forward it to the police.

That's what a citizen needs to do so that the driver gets their consequences

Last edited by BaoTurbo; 05-15-2011 at 12:24 AM.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #64
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
that poor poor lamp post.

also,

this guys blog is not going to help his icbc case
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #65
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
sigh

the stuff people "trust" the internet with
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #66
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRav;7433993
Found on his very own tumblr:
[url
http://bosssnguyen.tumblr.com/[/url]
Is it theChengman's car?
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #67
RS controls my life!

lol from his tumblr:
Quote:
I am pretty god fucking damned impressed with BMWs. Hitting a fucking lamp post while going 60+mph and the car still runs fine. No one and I mean NO ONE was seriously injured in the car too. Did I mention I slammed into a lamp post going 60+mph? Yeah even the lamp post knocked over but nope my car still lives. My passengers and myself thankfully were unharmed.

I am DEFINITELY getting a BMW as a family car in the future.

For those of you who are wondering, my tires lost grip and I did a 360 spin and my back end slammed into the lamp post. Roads were wet and tires lost grip. Yup yup.

I can assure you that I would’ve been dead or someone would’ve been seriously injured if this happened in a Japanese car. Thank the BMW gods!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #68
Ubereem Mod

He's a BOSS
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #69
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

bosssnguyen!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #70
I subscribe to Revscene

http://www.youtube.com/thechengman#p/u/2/m3kkXywhqME

THIS Boss Nguyen from YouTube?! AKA The Chengman?! Wow.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 AM   #71
Banned By Establishment

OP, I give you 10 dolla for your car. lmk
OBD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #72
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post

OHH! BUSTED!!! REVSCENE FTW
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
rs detectives (RevRav) wins.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,025 Times in 547 Posts
Just my opinion...

I havnt failed anyone in this thread, because I think all arguments are valid..

but for those of you that went through the trouble of finding OP's blog + youtube account
do you feel that accomplished screwing someone you dont know personally over?

I dont mean we should "cover up" for the OP, just my own argument, think of it from OP's point of view

You were in an accident and your car is beyond repair. He already lost out I would say 10,000. Now, 10,000 to anyone is alot of money wouldnt you say? If OP was from vansky powered by mommy daddy, sure why the fuck not report this to the police. But, this is not the case, I personally worked my ass off to save up enough $$ to buy a car, at least to me, this incident has already taught a lesson to OP even without the huge ass penalty now he is going to face. Have all of you ever not have destroyed any public property what so ever during your whole life? (intentional or not) did you all went and report yourselfs?

OP came to revscene for help on HOW TO SALVAGE HIS CAR, to cut his losses from his hard earned money.

revscene is suppose to be a community to help each other out, not thinking 5Xs before posting something. I already think there is "enough" hate going around the forum, and now this...

I joined Revscene originally, not because revscene was a law breaking, street racing gearheads. But because it was a supportive community, where we look out for every single members within the club. Sometimes the "right" thing to do (in this case, fwd shit to RCMP) might not always be the "right" thing to do. Do you guys always "BE A MAN, DOOOO the RIGHT THING" in every situation you ever encountered?

just my 0.02

(i am an imiigrant, so my english/grammer/spellin is shit lol props to anyone who can read thru the whole thing once and understand it)
and no I dont know the OP personally, but I am somewhat dissapointed at the outcome of thie thread. Do we have to be this careful now, and be scared to post up your own cars that are running all straight pipes or slammed so low that it breaks the MVA law enforcement? I know police are members on this forum, so just let the police to their job.... They can get shit done without us fwd them shit here and there...

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier

Last edited by dark0821; 05-15-2011 at 07:39 AM.
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #75
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post

No. op and chengman are two different people. Chengman doesn't drive that
Posted via RS Mobile
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote