REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Bourne Legacy (2012) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645337-bourne-legacy-2012-a.html)

twitchyzero 05-13-2011 09:47 PM

The Bourne Legacy (2012)

teaser

so this movie was on the rumor mill for a while
This isn't a Bourne recast like the Bond movies
it's meant to be a side story line with another operative in the Bourne universe. Nothing is really concrete yet but the part has been offered to Jeremy Renner. Latest news is Rachel Weisz wants to be the female lead.
Tony Gilroy is directing (screenwriter for the trilogy) projecting for late summer release next year. Not based on the book with the same name in any way.

Renner would fit in a bourne movie quite well..but he's getting too big for a franchise like this (especially cause he's also going to be in MI4 and be in the Avengers). Weisz would be great, anything is better than Julia Styles. I feel the triology ended almost perfectly. But I also think if they pull this movie off nicely then Damon and the shakycam director Paul Greengrass can come back strong in a few years as a more mature/older Bourne.

Quote:

Renner will play an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/univ...bourne-legacy/
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-cont...ner-bourne.jpg
waddaya think?

On a side note i hope we get more screen time of clive owen as the professor lol
http://images.artistdirect.com/Image...1/27041_ai.jpg

cliffhanger33 05-13-2011 09:56 PM

I FRIKEN LOVED THE BOURNE TRILOGY.
Jeremy Renner is a dam good actor, I'm totally stoked about this.

Gumby 05-14-2011 10:02 PM

Yeah I also loved the Bourne Trilogy, and I also agree that it ended perfectly!

Purely 05-15-2011 12:25 PM

The Bourne Trilogy was awesome! Looking forward to this already.

twitchyzero 06-29-2011 03:05 PM

all that talk in the MI4 thread reminded me of this thread
looks like Renner accepted the role for sure...and filming starts next month/Sept in new york followed by somewhere in canada and SE Asia
woot about time they took the bourne series into Asia

StylinRed 06-29-2011 03:55 PM

they didnt seek Renner for the role Renner sought them

and he wasn't the directors or studios choice but the actors they wanted wouldnt do a screen test or had the time to meet the schedule for this rush job (rush cuz Universals rights to the film is gonna run up unless they make another asap)

shame they didnt just get Damon again

Vansterdam 06-29-2011 04:59 PM

havent seen any of the films yet

been meaning to for awhile though

twitchyzero 06-29-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7494981)
they didnt seek Renner for the role Renner sought them

and he wasn't the directors or studios choice but the actors they wanted wouldnt do a screen test or had the time to meet the schedule for this rush job (rush cuz Universals rights to the film is gonna run up unless they make another asap)

Where you reading this? I was reading the news from few months ago and i was the under the assumption it was the director's pick but not the studio's

murd0c 06-29-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 7495037)
havent seen any of the films yet

been meaning to for awhile though

get on it now, all three are fricken wicked!!

Wongtouski 06-29-2011 06:52 PM

Did a quick google on "Jeremy Renner Gay" because I heard somewhere that he was.....turns out he's seeing E's Assistant on Entourage (the british chick).

Her

twitchyzero 06-29-2011 07:01 PM

she's hotter than sasha grey, sloan, and turtle's girl when i watched entourage IMO

StylinRed 06-29-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7495040)
Where you reading this? I was reading the news from few months ago and i was the under the assumption it was the director's pick but not the studio's

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/j...bourne-legacy/

Quote:

So the search for the actor to lead the next Bourne movie is over. We reported last week that Jeremy Renner had won the lead role in The Bourne Legacy. While people were mainly happy with the choice, a lot of individuals were left wondering how he got the role. Sure, he’s a great actor but many felt like he wasn’t mainstream enough to lead the franchise.

Vulture recently gave us a breakdown on how Renner grabbed the role and it’s quite interesting. It turns out that Renner wasn’t director Tony Gilroy‘s first choice. In fact, he wasn’t the studio’s first choice either, he was the de facto choice. Apparently, Gilroy wanted to go with someone who wasn’t really known, someone who wouldn’t ““pull focus from the central character.” This is why he originally wanted Joel Edgerton. Universal on the other hand, being the studio, obviously wanted someone “younger and cooler” or someone with star power. They were seriously considering Garrett Hedlund, Taylor Kitsch, Shia LaBeouf or Colin Farrell.

The problem with the actors above is that they refused to screen test and their agents advised against it. Gilroy had insisted though that everyone must do a formal screen test. The only exception with that was Taylor Kitsch who was already attached to Savages and likely wouldn’t have time to take on The Bourne Legacy.

Meanwhile, the rights on the movie were going to expire if they kept waiting around. So in the end, they just went with Renner since they couldn’t keep waiting around for the perfect choice. That being said, Renner isn’t a bad choice, not by a long shot. He’s an incredible actor, not to mention a two time Oscar nominee and personally, I’m pretty stoked to see him in the role.

So there you have it, the story behind casting Renner. What do you think? Is he the right man for the job?

Wongtouski 06-29-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7495154)
she's hotter than sasha grey, sloan, and turtle's girl when i watched entourage IMO

I have to say Sloan is looking sorta old. I think this girl's accent pushes it over the top as well. Turtle's girl is hot......but I'm not as enamored by her as I would be with Sloan.

Chronix 06-30-2011 08:44 AM

He's not taking over Damon's character, He's a totally different character set in Bourne's universe. We'll see how they are going link them together.

I thought the professor already died?

twitchyzero 07-01-2011 05:26 PM

^ i was hoping this movie could take place before Identity..that's all lol

Culture_Vulture 07-01-2011 10:02 PM

If any of you here are readers, I'd highly recommend reading the Bourne series. I kept putting it off until just a few months ago and I totally shouldn't have.

Anyways, if it's true that Renner isn't taking over Damon's character as Jason Bourne, then I would really have no problem with that. Renner is a good actor, but he's not fit for the character of Jason Bourne (or Damon's interpretation of Jason Bourne). Having read some of the Ludlum's novels, I'm even more convinced that casting Matt Damon for the original trilogy was pure genius.

twitchyzero 07-01-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture (Post 7497725)
Renner is a good actor, but he's not fit for the character of Jason Bourne (or Damon's interpretation of Jason Bourne). Having read some of the Ludlum's novels, I'm even more convinced that casting Matt Damon for the original trilogy was pure genius.

Hard to say. When Bourne Identity's movie adaptation first came out people doubted Damon's ability to reprise the Bourne role because we knew him from Good Will Hunting. I think if Renner was given that same opportunity he would do very well too.

If I had a choice it would still be Damon though

Apparently there was an old british tv-movie based on the Bourne books as well...not very well known.

twitchyzero 07-14-2011 05:56 PM

edward norton will likely be the antagonist..dont know how i feel about that as much as i appreciate his performance in other films.
Edward Norton in 'Bourne Legacy' negotiations | Inside Movies | EW.com

Stealthy 07-14-2011 09:04 PM

:fuckyea:
Confident this guy will do a great job.

Gumby 02-08-2012 08:57 PM

The Bourne Legacy Teaser Trailer HD - YouTube

Renner as a new operative I don't have a problem with.

twitchyzero 02-08-2012 09:57 PM

:fuckyea:
man i dont think they are completely done shooting yet...so i wasn't expecting a trailer so soon.

made my day.

StylinRed 02-08-2012 10:38 PM

meh... i want a Matt Damon sequel

not some copy trying to profit off the name

twitchyzero 02-09-2012 06:19 PM

i think most fans would rather see a sequel...but if you are bothered by the name of the movie...it actually make sense...he's bourne's legacy
but to have a side story that explains treadstone a little better also makes sense
if they pull this off nicely it will strengthen the franchise even more
fingers crossed...edward norton and jeremy renner usually does not disappoint.

b0unce. [?] 02-09-2012 07:01 PM

Jeremy Renner has quickly jumped to the top of my favorite actors list after I saw him in The Town. Now I look forward to every movie he's in :D

socialenemy69 02-09-2012 07:46 PM

this should be good. I have a free movie ticket that I have had for over a year now, finally found a movie to use it on lol.