REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

hm... sorry this is going to be a noob question.

I have always had my N sign inside the car pressed against the back window. is this not allowed? yes, it is less clear than if it was stuck on the outside. But my window is currently not tinted, and because the sign is pressed up against the glass, its pretty easy to see...

My brother also used to have a string on the inside of his car (it was a hatch back), and kinda hung up the sign like a clothes hanger behind the window. neither of us have ever been pulled over or ticketed for displaying the N that way. but I want to confirm this now incase I do get in trouble.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuYang View Post
hm... sorry this is going to be a noob question.

I have always had my N sign inside the car pressed against the back window. is this not allowed? yes, it is less clear than if it was stuck on the outside. But my window is currently not tinted, and because the sign is pressed up against the glass, its pretty easy to see...

My brother also used to have a string on the inside of his car (it was a hatch back), and kinda hung up the sign like a clothes hanger behind the window. neither of us have ever been pulled over or ticketed for displaying the N that way. but I want to confirm this now incase I do get in trouble.

Thanks in advance!
As long as it is "clearly displayed" as required by the restriction on the back of your DL, then you are OK. If is is not, then you are not.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

ok if its behind tint and that wouldnt count as being clearly displayed, then what the hell is the point of changing the font colour to white?

there has to be some kind of technical reason, other than a strictly aesthetic fresh look.

i just want to know why white? why not bright yellow, orange, magenta, sea blue ease purple, deep cove royal sea green, etc?

as a certified professional engineer, i can't even begin to guess why it would be white
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #29
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
How about white because that reflects the best ? I is similar to the white reflective tape that is on Police cars. I have white reflective tape on the back of my motorcycle and it is very visible when headlights hit it. I would have thought that an engineer would have recognized that?

http://www.colebrothers.com/reflective/index2.html

BTW...you may notice that it is called "#1 Engineer grade" tape.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote