REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Fox Fall 2011 Line-Up (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645567-fox-fall-2011-line-up.html)

twitchyzero 05-16-2011 11:08 PM

Fox Fall 2011 Line-Up

not sure if this is going to make the Fall cut

there's a couple more i missed that's going this Fall

Eatman 05-16-2011 11:42 PM

terra nova looks pretty good, has a touch of avatar to it too, not to mention one of the actors is in it.

StylinRed 05-17-2011 02:47 AM

being FOX none of these will last @ all

Luv Zooey kind of odd to see her doing a television show though... but her Show looks more like a cheesy romantic comedy rather than a sitcom

Qmx323 05-17-2011 06:15 AM

Zooey :drool

twitchyzero 05-17-2011 12:10 PM

terra nova = avatar + lost + jurassic park
I can see it kick ass for the first season or two

if alcatraz airs soon i wonder if this means JJ Abrams will have two co current shows on Fox

TheNewGirl 05-17-2011 12:49 PM

I like New Girl. Schnazzy name, that. ;P

Terra Nova reminds me of an old show called Earth 2.

Ch28 05-17-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7436718)
being FOX none of these will last @ all

Sad truth :(

twitchyzero 05-17-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7437118)
Sad truth :(

they only care about American Idol
still can't believe they cancelled the early days of Family Guy and Arrested Development

dub.g 05-17-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7437033)
terra nova = avatar + lost + jurassic park
I can see it kick ass for the first season or two

if alcatraz airs soon i wonder if this means JJ Abrams will have two co current shows on Fox

Fringe has been on a steady life support when they moved the show friday nights, everyone thought it would have been over but manage to survive

i think Fox can utilize their strong Sunday night ratings by actually putting in one real 1 hour show there instead of nothing but animations

....... if Firefly was only picked up by UPN, .. sigh

its funny how Joss Whedon did an interview when Serenity came out and he said he would never do a show on Fox ever again and then he had that show Dollhouse, at least it manage to last 1 and half seasons

nns 05-17-2011 05:25 PM

I remember they cancelled Terminator:SCC and kept Dollhouse. Dollhouse was trash. The writing is predictable and amateur. T:SCC was great. They ended the 2nd season so well, and left a great opening for the 3rd.

RayBot 05-17-2011 08:15 PM

Okay....what the fuck is with Bob's Burgers??

blackchocoolate 05-17-2011 09:43 PM

I would watch Terra Nova.

Culture_Vulture 05-17-2011 10:33 PM

Alcatraz has the potential to be a big hit imo. They just need to keep the twists consistent, not like what they did with Fringe. After the second season, they really started bombing it.

New Girl on the other hand, I'm pretty sure they'll just do what they do with every other romantic sitcom--air a season and then start milking it.

twitchyzero 05-18-2011 11:35 PM

Fox is airing an animated Napoleon Dynamite? :facepalm:

Ronin 05-22-2011 12:47 AM

<3 Zooey Deschanel.

...but that show looks like it'll probably blow. Why can't she be in something awesome?

Like Elf.

That Terra Nova show might be good but it's doomed to fail already. It just looks too expensive to produce so if it isn't astronomically popular, Fox will probably cut it.

Alcatraz...well...uh...no idea.

Lomac 09-04-2011 11:52 AM

Hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one.

So the 2011 Fall schedule has been released for all the new shows:

Fall Schedule Calendar

After going through the actual TV Guide magazine, I've come across a few new shows that I think I'll be keeping my eye on. Namely the following...

Once Upon a Time, starring Jennifer Morrison

Pan Am, starring Christina Ricci
(I've always like movies based in the 60's)

Terra Nova (I think we're all familiar with this trailer)

The Playboy Club, starring Amber Heard :heart:

Suburgatory
Looks pretty dumb but every year I give one of these types of comedies a chance, just in case they're actually decent. The pilot has actually been given some great reviews, surprisingly.

Revenge
The trailer kinda sucks but the premise is neat.

And finally,
Person of Interest, starring Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson
I know this premise is a rehash of a few movies out there, but it could be pretty interesting, especially with those two actors in it.

Anyway, those are the ones I'm looking forward to. How about you guys?

Fuhrėr-Z 09-04-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7437337)
I remember they cancelled Terminator:SCC and kept Dollhouse. Dollhouse was trash. The writing is predictable and amateur. T:SCC was great. They ended the 2nd season so well, and left a great opening for the 3rd.

Disagree, my opinion is completely the opposite of yours haha, thought terminator was a rotting banana compared to Dollhouse, which picked up considerably by the end.

Once Upon a Time, starring Jennifer Morrison - like the fantasy aspect, looks like turd.

Pan Am, starring Christina Ricci - could be ok, I like Ricci :fullofwin:

Terra Nova -- Epic...Can't wait for it to get moved to wednesdays, then thursdays, then fridays, and inevitably cancelled...

The Playboy Club, starring Amber Heard -- Wish this was on showtime :D

Suburgatory -- meh

Revenge -- shit

Person of Interest -- good actors, Nolan's brother is writing and that jewish Lost nerd is behind it too...but it's on CBS...the channel old people watch while they wait to die.

Jer3 09-04-2011 03:46 PM

terra nova seems to me like lost mixed with jurassic park

Euro7r 09-04-2011 08:13 PM

Intrigued to watch Terra Nova. Trailer looks good.

twitchyzero 09-05-2011 08:53 PM

willing to check out pan am...i can only picture mad men and the aviator when I think of it though

fsy82 09-06-2011 10:01 AM

When does the new season actually start?

iwantaskyline 09-20-2011 07:23 PM

HOUSE season 8 episode 1 is out...its a screener.. Was pretty good. Only available online

SkinnyPupp 09-20-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7437337)

First season of Dollhouse was awesome IMO. Actually, IIRC, Terminator wasn't very good after the first season either.

SpartanAir 09-21-2011 08:10 AM

Everyone should check out Terra Nova. My buddy Landon plays Josh Shannon, the son of the family. He's been in Australia for 4 months shooting.

Apparently it's already greenlit for a 22 episode season 2.

quasi 09-21-2011 09:43 AM

Looking most forward to Terra Nova and Alcatraz