REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

What kind of pressure washer do you have?

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a pressure washer to use out in the chicken yard. I want to spray my open air/raised coops (wire floors), inside walls of my chicken coops/houses (as needed to remove poop and dirt), knock down cob webs on the outside of my chicken and anything else that needs high powered cleaning.

Right now I am cleaning and scrubbing everything by hand with soap and water and my back is killing me. It's taking me all day long to do my chores on the weekend in the chicken yard. I need to reduce my cleaning time and the amount of torture that I am putting on my back.

Who has a pressure washer? What kind of pressure washer would you suggest me to purchase so that I can take care of this type of work in the chicken yard?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Advertisement
Everett152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

head to your local home depot....and any thing thats made by honda..will do you well.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i got a snap on one from costco. amazing lil guy
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

For those jobs you would want a gas pressure washer. Almost any HP/Pressure will do, but the more pressure and GPM (gallons per minute), the faster you will get the job done.
For what you described, I would be looking at something 5-7hp maybe.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
RS Lurker, I don't post!

There are many pressure washers available in the market but you can get a quality one which could fulfill your needs. I would like to suggest at least a 2400 PSI/ 3-4 gallon a minute. I found this page http://www.best-pressure-washer-reviews.com/ which has excellent reviews about best presser washers according to their characteristics and rating, you read it and get more idea which one would be best for you. Good luck!
Diamante55 is offline   Reply With Quote