REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #5276
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
question, do any of u used your jordons for performance aspect? I'm not talking about the newer styles, but the classic ones
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #5277
HELP ME PLS!!!

Are the Yeezys Sesame not popular?

i just saw some at foot locker still today at the mall.
i thought they sold out like in the first day of launch.
debating if i should pick it up
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #5278
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyaccord View Post
Are the Yeezys Sesame not popular?

i just saw some at foot locker still today at the mall.
i thought they sold out like in the first day of launch.
debating if i should pick it up
Here is a good read about the yeezy hype:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/kanye...hsnobiety+Post

Quote:
The views and opinions expressed in this piece are those solely of the author and do not necessarily reflect the position of Highsnobiety as a whole.

In summer 2015, Kanye West dropped the sneaker that would change everything. The adidas Originals x YEEZY Boost 350 was first released in a “Turtle Dove” colorway and was the second silhouette the rapper had created with adidas. The Boost 750 high-tops had come earlier, but the cheaper 350 was the pinnacle of hype at the time of its release.

The “Kanye effect” is self-evident. Sneakerheads across the world committed their time and money, hellbent on copping a pair, exactly as they had done for West’s previous limited drops with Louis Vuitton and Nike. In that sense, the 350 Boost was par for the course.

Given the link-up between West and adidas was still in its early stages at that point, the first production runs were kept small to avoid oversaturating the market. Millions of people around the world desperately wanted to get their hands on YEEZYs, but only 9,000 pairs existed for that first drop. The unlucky majority were left empty-handed, waiting for the next release to come around. The hype was very real from the outset.

In February 2015, shortly after the rapper’s debut with adidas, and with reports of kids in the street getting YEEZYs stolen off their feet, West said, “I want to apologize to all the kids and all the parents that can’t get the shoes currently because there’s only 9,000, and also, ’cause they’re $350 and if they’re out of anyone’s price range.”

He added, “I know you can run up on this 14-year-old kid and take his YEEZYs, but just be patient because we’ll make more YEEZYs. Eventually, everybody who wants to get YEEZYs will get YEEZYs. adidas has promised me that, because there’s so many kids that have wanted them that couldn’t get them.”

At the time, it didn’t seem feasible that everyone could own a pair of the most hyped shoes on the market. West was setting an ambitious goal for himself that demanded a delicate balancing act between early adopters and the mass market. He recently reaffirmed his goal by tweeting about the “largest drop ever of the 350 V2 Triple White” on September 21.

Since I’ve been making sneakers I've always wanted as many people as possible to have them. On September 21 we're doing our largest drop ever of the 350 V2 Triple White. Go to https://t.co/kvdmsKZpu7 and sign up to get them

If you believe what West has been saying, it seems like his intention has always been to transform the YEEZY brand into an industry-dominating force. But the path to success is no longer as simple as that — especially in streetwear. As Vivian Frank, founder of Facebook group Yeezy Talk Worldwide and someone who has followed the YEEZY craze since the start, reminds us, “Kanye wants to be at the top along with all the great legends in their industries like Walt Disney and Steve Jobs. He has explicitly said that a few times. But I only wear YEEZYs maybe two times per week, whereas I use my iPhone 150 times per day.”

It’s true that the dream of YEEZYs for everyone, the same approach pioneered by Henry Ford in the early 20th century and continued by the likes of Disney, Jobs and another hero of West’s, Ralph Lauren, is something West could feasibly put into practice. The iPhone — whose new generation is releasing the same day as the Boost 350 V2 “Triple White” — is a best-in-class product with a price tag to match, yet has still sold more than 1.2 billion units worldwide.

The question is: is mass market availability what YEEZY fans really want?

These days the most potent, unquestionable currency in fashion is hype, most commonly generated by limited availability. In the second quarter of 2017, the Lyst Index — which measures the popularity and influence of brands — placed YEEZY at number two. A year later, YEEZY had dropped out of the top 10 completely.

As each drop came around and quantities increased — in 2016, West told Harper’s Bazaar that YEEZY was selling out 40,000 pairs of shoes in two minutes — the constant run of releases led to a kind of fatigue that was only lifted with the announcement of the Wave Runner and 500 silhouettes. The mission to put YEEZYs on everybody’s feet was well and truly in motion, but this greater availability seems to be reaping few rewards in the more exacting circle of tastemakers that made West’s footwear venture so huge in the first place.

As Oli, a YEEZY fan and casual reseller from the UK, tells me, “£170 (approximately $223) for a silhouette [you’ve seen so many times before] is pretty steep, especially considering these aren’t luxury shoes.”

He believes that the easier-to-cop new colorways have played a part in changing people’s perception of the brand. “It’s almost embarrassing to wear some of the newer YEEZYs in public, as mass production has driven them out of style,” he says.

Those rare early pairs that did find their way into the hands of hardcore fans often wound up on resell outlets such as StockX and Flight Club. To this day, the success of each silhouette and colorway (and basically all sneakers these days) is measured by how much they sell for on these sites.

In data provided to Highsnobiety by StockX, we can see that the average resell price for the “Turtle Dove” YEEZY Boost 350 once stood at $2,081, its peak price, in July 2017. However, as rumors started to swirl that adidas and West would be restocking that style, statistics show the price has dropped substantially ever since. This month, the colorway’s average price had decreased by more than $500 in a year.

But restock rumors often remain just that, rumors. Communities such as Yeezy Mafia often throw predictions out into the public domain, with a knock-on effect.

“If you check every time they post potential restocks, of which many haven’t happened, you can see the prices drop,” professional reseller Thomas Bonde of UNLIMITED CPH tells Highsnobiety. “We’re talking 10-to-30 percent after the announcement. Their big following is obviously the main reason, but in the long run, if they keep [posting] alarming fake restocks, it’ll kill most of the exclusivity of the previous YEEZY hype.”

There are some more recent pairs that are barely creeping above cost price on the resell market. Recently, the “Utility Black” 500s were even made available for under retail price at a warehouse sale held by Canadian retailer HAVEN.

“Today, YEEZY is still by far the dominant brand in terms of dollars, but that number is definitely lower than it used to be,” says StockX CEO Josh Luber over the phone from the company’s office in Detroit. He believes that the scarcity strategy the brand has been employing has started to hit a wall.

“Over 2018, the YEEZY releases have continued to come, but they’ve been a lot more sporadic and less calculated in terms of leveraging scarcity,” Luber notes. “The entire resell sneaker market is all based on supply and demand. It’s also about releasing product and driving hype and sell-outs, and that then has an impact on the secondary market. The fact the last YEEZY release is still sitting on shelves, never mind impacting resellers, is a testament to that.”

StockX’s figures show that supply meeting demand appears to be detrimental to a brand’s value. But the killer, in YEEZY’s case, seems to be the brand’s decision to restock sought-after styles — a move that clearly has had a negative impact on the resell community. The best example, Luber claims, is the YEEZY Boost 350 V2 “Zebra.”

“It was very limited when it first came out, the first one that looked noticeably different,” Luber explains. “And so they were selling for about $1,500. It was a phenomenally hype shoe. But after the restock, the market value went down to $400 — and now that more people can get it, everybody who paid $1,500 feels like an idiot.”

He’s right. Another huge part of a brand’s success is loyalty. As West opted for the more democratic notion of YEEZYs for everybody, he simultaneously pleased and pissed off a lot of people. Recycling old styles means those fans who think they’ve got rare sneakers on their feet, or who forked out resell prices before the restock, are being short-changed — nobody wants what everybody has.

“They’re in an interesting place right now, where they have the opportunity to either slightly course-correct or go down a [different] path,” says Luber of YEEZY’s future. He credits Pharrell Williams’ link-up with adidas, which balances regular releases you can cop straight off the shelf with almost totally unattainable styles, as striking the correct balance. “YEEZY is sitting on the line of starting to kill their brand,” Luber adds.

West’s desire to cater to everyone is still noble and perhaps he can make mass-market appeal cool again. Nevertheless, the feeling among many is that West’s designs aren’t Earth-shifting enough to keep the brand afloat without all of the extra baggage. So where exactly is YEEZY heading?

The industry of hyped sneakers operates under different rules than those of a tech industry where Apple rules, or a film and media industry where Disney dominates. Seeing a dozen iPhones in a subway car doesn’t deter sales like it would if you saw 12 pairs of YEEZYs on the feet of those holding said phones. If West continues to amp up YEEZY production numbers and achieves his goal of making the shoes available to everyone, he’ll surely be inviting more of the Roshe comparisons so many internet commenters love to make. More YEEZYs, less hype. Supply and demand.

But perhaps West will prove everyone wrong once again and prove that his co-sign alone is enough to keep his sneaker business at the top of the game even when the styles become easier to cop. The tumultuous history of YEEZY as a brand, however, could mean otherwise. Some things aren’t about numbers, and in today’s climate, YEEZY stands the best chance of thriving if it hones in on that scarcity model and figures out how to grow in other ways.

If West truly wants to maintain the hype around his brand, that probably means giving up his dream of putting YEEZYs on as many feet as possible. Because if YEEZYs were to become the iPhone of sneakers, they simply won’t be YEEZYs anymore.
chipmunk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #5279
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Anyone know if there will be a lot of stock for the concord 11 in stores? I didn’t bother entering any raffles because I thought I didn’t want the shoe but now I do lol
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 AM   #5280
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Anyone know if there will be a lot of stock for the concord 11 in stores? I didn’t bother entering any raffles because I thought I didn’t want the shoe but now I do lol
space jam level or more for stock levels
dont worry, if u cant get them the first run, the second or 3rd restock, u will get em
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:18 AM   #5281
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
man been trying to score the concords online . keep getting errors but it said my paypal payment went through?? donno if I should keep trying or try my luck with that lol.

speaking of which Im still trying to score space jams myself if they ever drop for retail again lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #5282
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
footlocker.ca has plenty

$295.00 without tax..Ouch.

its pretty amazing their not limiting it because i remember 2011 being tough as hell,i still have 3x sitting on ice still.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #5283
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ they gone.
was able to cop one from nike.com at 7am this morning
Old 12-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #5284
HELP ME PLS!!!

nike.ca is giving me time out errors

Last edited by sexyaccord; 12-08-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #5285
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyaccord View Post
nike.ca is giving me time out errors
You just have to refresh, and get back into the queue again, do it until you cart.

sizes 8 and 8.5 still sitting on nike.ca
chipmunk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #5286
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Managed to pick up a size 9.5 on Nike.ca just now
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #5287
HELP ME PLS!!!

^
thanks guys would've given up if not for u guys! i kept clicking add to cart and just got the 9.5US as well.

wow. all sold out now. looks like my cop as one of the lasts

Last edited by sexyaccord; 12-08-2018 at 07:55 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #5288
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
footlocker.ca has plenty

$295.00 without tax..Ouch.

its pretty amazing their not limiting it because i remember 2011 being tough as hell,i still have 3x sitting on ice still.
2011 Concords ftw
It wasn't that tough
but ya got 3 pairs who I am to say. I wore mine tho

2018, I managed to snag 2 pairs. Easy cop
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #5289
ESKETIT

got a email shortly after giving up after errors via paypal and champs so my order did go through lol
Old 12-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #5290

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixxer View Post
Managed to pick up a size 9.5 on Nike.ca just now
Ordered the same size around the same time last night, hopefully there’s no cancellation email. Thankfully I waited instead of paying these resellers
Old 12-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #5291
HELP ME PLS!!!

just picked up a 8US.
they still have 7 and 7.5US right now
Old 12-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #5292
ESKETIT

curious how much did you guys pay?

I ordered from champsports and I think they fucked me by charging $290 USD/400 CAD

my order said it was shipped USA to Ontario.

fuck thought I was ordering from the Canadian site GG.

wonder if Purolator will charge me duties on em. if it does and I refuse and it gets shipped back do I get a full refund? cuz Im pretty sure I can get a pair for under $400 on the resell market lol

Last edited by Vansterdam; 12-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:34 PM   #5293
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^^^ call Champs to cancel order asap.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:00 AM   #5294
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
^^ we always lose... each time the credit card does a refund, i lose like 1% due to currency even though its a full refund.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 AM   #5295
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
^^^ call Champs to cancel order asap.
its already shipped GG. can I still call puralator or champs and cancel?

says order made in US but it shipped outta foot locker Ontario sooo im guessing I wont pay duties/taxes? (hopefully)

thats pretty much paying like $80 over retail fuck. pretty sure resell on these will be like 350-370 tops.

so donno if its even worth returning and buying resell if theres any other fees.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #5296
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

There is no Champs Canada online, only US

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #5297

Still waiting on shipping confirmation from Nike.ca, hope my order isn't going to get cancelled
Old 12-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #5298
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ontario, California
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #5299
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
If anyone has leads on the Origin 1s size 8.5 let me know. Only shoe I actually WANT to pay resell Spider-Man X Jordans who would've ever thought lol
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #5300
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Yellow Yeezy 350 are sitting....300 before tax.
https://bit.ly/2SQRYtj.