REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY

USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Rims, Rubber, Springs, Shocks, Coilovers, Rotors, Strut bars, Tower bars...

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

17x8 +35 5x114.3 Antera 109 w/ Sumitomo HTR Z II

Front 215/40/ZR17
Rear 235/40/ZR17

These beautiful rims are classic aluminum-alloy Antera 109 rims. They are 100% authentic, very light considering the size/age, and were purchased direct from Italy new in 1994 at a cost of nearly $4000.

At its launch, the Type 109 created a stir. It was the first truly harmonious and balanced three-spoke wheel, and it took the market by storm. The 109's striking looks have made it a contemporary classic in every sense. In 1994, ANTERA received the award "Alloy Wheel Design of the Year" for design excellence of this wheel type. Today it still ranks among the most memorable wheel designs in the history of alloy wheel design.

Another novelty was the completely under the center hub cap hidden, integrated air valve, routing the air through a channel in one of the spokes into the tire. This innovation led to a completely uninterrupted, balanced surface of the rim.

These rims are wrapped in almost brand-new Sumitomo HTR Z II rubber, with less than 500km on the tires. I paid over $800 for these tires by the time they were installed and balanced. These rims came off my MR2 at the end of summer last year, but the car was stolen this winter. My civic has a different bolt pattern, so these are now up for sale.

There is a small amount of rash on the right front rim, but it is barely noticeable. The last pic is the best I could get it to show up on the camera.

Comes with a set of nuts with locks and key. Also obviously includes the key thing required to take the center caps off.

Asking $1100 OBO. No lowballers. Will consider trading these for/towards an older or smaller displacement sportbike. I also have need of a 92-95 civic cluster w/ tach, sub/amp combo or a decent mountain bike (16" to 19" frame). Let me know what you've got, maybe we can work something out.

Wheels are currently in Summerland, BC. Will deliver within the Okanagan area, otherwise shipping/pickup is buyer's responsibility.

Advertisement
Closed Thread