REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Delta Airlines from YVR to HKG

There are really cheap airfares to HKG right now from YVR (but with stopover) to HKG. Price is about 900 tax in which is really cheap for high season.

Anyone have experience with international flights with delta airlines?
Advertisement
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

What are your travel dates? CX and AC both have some specials going on right now for trips to HK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Details? What are the departure times?
I highly doubt its going to be Delta Airline.....it's just a code share flight.
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
^
Most likely code share. Should check the details using The ITA Matrix

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Yes, the flights are horizon airlines (operated by them).

How is horizon airlines compared to say Air Canada?
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
Yes, the flights are horizon airlines (operated by them).

How is horizon airlines compared to say Air Canada?

What dates (or at least month) are you planning for?
What website / travel agency are you looking at?

Horizon Airline is same company as Alaska....its a low-cost regional airline. There's noway a small Bombardier jet will be able to fly you across the Pacific Ocean....

Are you sure the price you're getting isn't something like flying Horizon down to Seattle / San Fan....and then transfer?

Unless you're planning to travel during some peak season, I strongly advise you look into some of Air Canada's direct flight promotions that shows up from time to time.
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i don't get why people ask for airline reviews.

if you're looking for cheap, then it's all the same.

as long as the plane is safe, doesn't crash and the airline has a good track record, what's the difference?

comfortable, luxurious and cheap airlines, dont belong in the same sentence, total oxymoron.

dont expect any perks or anything, it's like a bus. you get on, you sit down, ptfo, play on your little computer or watch movies and thats it. lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
There are really cheap airfares to HKG right now from YVR (but with stopover) to HKG. Price is about 900 tax in which is really cheap for high season.

Anyone have experience with international flights with delta airlines?
If your looking for cheap airfare, look into Air China or China Eastern Airline with stopover at Beijing (Air China) or Shanghai (MU) there more or less the same price range depending on dates. Help my friend book one for $1100 tax in flying MU (YVR-PVG-HKG) on June 29th back July 5th.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
degenerate extraordinaire

Air China isn't bad, we did the Beijing stopover (well, the first part of the trip was a 7 day tour in Beijing and then to HK) and to be honest you don't expect much from it. They are slightly lenient on the weight of your check-in baggages (moreso than Air Canada - but YMMV). The food is decent. Entertainment choices are pretty decent as well.

The only problem was when we were flying from HK back to Beijing for the stopover, they used an aircraft that was not fitted with the in-seat entertainment system. The whole flight they showed The Social Network

Other than that, the air hostesses were pretty cute, albeit their english is very limited, but that is expected.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,805 Times in 8,184 Posts
I would never ever fly through China again, unless I am actually going there. The airports are pure shit.

I flew with China Eastern to Japan last month, connecting through Shanghai. The flight there was a NIGHTMARE, our flight from HKG was late, the flight from Shanghai was late, everything was late. Staying at Pudong airport for more than 5 minutes is a horrible experience, especially if you have to go downstairs. They have a "smoking room" which has open windows, so the whole terminal smells like smoke. It's disgusting.

THere are some cute mainlander air hostesses though, especially if you like some hair on your gals
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
degenerate extraordinaire

I hear a lot of negative experiences from people transferring from Shanghai, but imho Beijing isn't too bad. The workers are actually pretty helpful, perhaps I was lucky? The smoke room actually seemed isolated, because it was not connected to the outside. Rather, it was in the middle of the hallways, near the washrooms.

My parents took China Eastern once, and they said they had never experienced such smooth takeoffs and landings. No, it was not their first plane ride.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Flew China Eastern once through PVG. It wasn't the most horrible thing in the world, but I had an iphone at the time and they freaked out that it was a phone. No amount of talking would make the FA realize that flight mode meant no signals, and it was probably radiating less interference than those ancient CRT tubes all up in the plane. For hundreds less than a comparable flight from Air Canada though, i'd do it again.

Of course, it includes a "free" stop-over in shanghai for those interested in venturing out of the airport. You'll need a Visa for those thinking about it.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
On a similar note, how is Delta airline in terms of service/plane quality for the long haul flights?

I will be flying to Beijing from Seattle in july. I have flown JAL, and China Eastern in the past, how does Delta stack up to the other major airlines?
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
On a similar note, how is Delta airline in terms of service/plane quality for the long haul flights?

I will be flying to Beijing from Seattle in july. I have flown JAL, and China Eastern in the past, how does Delta stack up to the other major airlines?
Posted via RS Mobile
I would rate Delta the same as China Eastern for long haul flights. Skytraxx ratings are the same (3 stars). You would most likely end up flying on a 767, which has 3 seats down the middle row, versus the A330 on China Eastern which has 4.