REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #101
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

I didn't realize it went back up to his stick - sweet goal.
Advertisement

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #102
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Should I get an A on my Dan hamuis jersey?
Posted via RS Mobile
A C would look better!

Last edited by beanzzz; 06-05-2011 at 11:08 PM.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #103
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
I'm thinking of getting an Authentic Burrows Jersey after the playoff is over. Are the ones listed on NHL.com for $399.99 the highest quality you can get? or does the team store carry another style thats a better (closer to game worn) quality?

thanks for the help.
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #104
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Team stores are getting more jerseys in all sizes next week if anyones interested.
Posted via RS Mobile
Source? It won't be all sizes that's for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form>Function View Post
The one shown there is a replica, like the ones sold in sport chek, champs, Official Team storeetc. The on ice ones aren't generally made available to the public, while the stores like The Hockey Shop sell the Retail Authentics which are pretty much the same as the one the players wear on the ice (fight strap, sewn on shoulder patches)

I think the ones sold at the team store are like 139.99 (someone correct me if im wrong). Ones with names are 189?
The Hockey Shop sells retail Edge 1.0's, nobody on the Canucks wears 1.0 anymore so technically it isn't what the players wear. The Canucks Team Store stocks both the retail 1.0 and team issue 2.0 since Reebok has run out of jerseys they've resorted to pulling excess team stock... Reebok is changing their logo next year so why not?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #105

The RBK EDGE jerseys on nhl.com (the $379 ones) are of the highest quality for retail. Not sure if the fabric is the same as the RBK Premiers though. I could've sworn when it was CCM doing the NHL jerseys they had different fabrics used.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #106

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
@CanucksStore [aka Canucks Team Store's Twitter]:

Quote:
@aa2000_ We are currently sold out of jerseys in small, but we are getting more next week! 9:00 PM Jun 3rd via TweetDeck

@mike_kwan Small jerseys are currently sold out - getting more next week! 8:15 PM Jun 3rd via TweetDeck

@magalaya Small jerseys are currently sold out, but we are getting more next week! 7:10 PM Jun 3rd via TweetDeck
Looks like they'll be getting more smalls for sure by next week
Old 06-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
@CanucksStore [aka Canucks Team Store's Twitter]:

Looks like they'll be getting more smalls for sure by next week
The person who updates the Canucks Store's Twitter doesn't work for the Canucks Store. It's the same people who update the Canucks' Twitter account and some of the stuff they tweet is inaccurate.

Last edited by mickz; 06-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #108
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:

The Hockey Shop sells retail Edge 1.0's, nobody on the Canucks wears 1.0 anymore so technically it isn't what the players wear. The Canucks Team Store stocks both the retail 1.0 and team issue 2.0 since Reebok has run out of jerseys they've resorted to pulling excess team stock... Reebok is changing their logo next year so why not?
How much are they unloading the team issue 2.0 for?
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #109
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I know a lot of you guys are getting your SCF patches stitched on but wondering why get it stitched when, if you buy the jersey with the patch, it's ironed on?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form>Function View Post
How much are they unloading the team issue 2.0 for?
Same price as the retail Authentics, $329.99 for blank and $419.99 for name and number. 56 (not too many available), 58, 58+ and goalie cuts available last time I checked (when I went to Game 1.)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
I'm thinking of getting an Authentic Burrows Jersey after the playoff is over. Are the ones listed on NHL.com for $399.99 the highest quality you can get? or does the team store carry another style thats a better (closer to game worn) quality?

thanks for the help.
It depends HOW authentic you want it to be.

You could just get a retail authentic jersey with Burrows #14 stitched on it but that wouldn't be authentic enough for me.

Without resorting to shelling out tons of money and buying a gamer you can try to find a team issued 2.0 and get it done up. According to some of his previous gamers I've seen for sale on Meigray he wears a Size 56 Edge 2.0. I'm a huge stickler for authenticity in my jerseys right down to the name bar materials so it has to be x-trafil since that's how the team wears it.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #112

Quote:
It depends HOW authentic you want it to be.

You could just get a retail authentic jersey with Burrows #14 stitched on it but that wouldn't be authentic enough for me.

Without resorting to shelling out tons of money and buying a gamer you can try to find a team issued 2.0 and get it done up. According to some of his previous gamers I've seen for sale on Meigray he wears a Size 56 Edge 2.0. I'm a huge stickler for authenticity in my jerseys right down to the name bar materials so it has to be x-trafil since that's how the team wears it.
If I get the name bar done up at say a "jersey city" or "vancity sports" would they use the authentic material for the name bar and numbers?

and also, how much does a "game worn" jersey go for? I see it on the Canucks website, but it says to "email for pricing".
Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
If I get the name bar done up at say a "jersey city" or "vancity sports" would they use the authentic material for the name bar and numbers?

and also, how much does a "game worn" jersey go for? I see it on the Canucks website, but it says to "email for pricing".
I'm not sure where Jersey City gets their jerseys sent out to get it done as certain cresting companies may/may not have the necessary fabric. As for VanCity Sports I'd avoid them altogether. I don't have anything positive to say about that store, especially their Granville Station location.

When the Canucks sold through Meigray a Burrows jersey would only go for about $600-$800. The team pulled out of the Meigray program this year. Not only have the Canucks have cut out the middleman but they've jacked up the prices as well.

I asked about the 40th jersey pricing at the beginning of the year and they wanted $900 even for a fringe player like Alberts. I'd expect one of Burrows' regular season sets to go for at least $1000 through the Canucks.

As for getting your jersey done up with X-trafil I'd go with Central Crests. They are a local company and they are also the official cresters of Hockey Canada. They are going to be a bit more expensive than your average cresting place like Pacific Coast but if you are picky about detail I wouldn't consider looking elsewhere. If you are getting a pro jersey done I'd take it to a place that deals with pros on a regular basis, not someone who only does retail all the time.

You can also request pro-grade twill for the name and numbers. The twill stores use for retail are not as thick.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #114
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Less talk, more jerseys!

If you guys don't already know I'm a die hard Ducks fan, and since it's deep into the Stanley Cup finals now I thought I'd share some of my Stanley Cup Ducks jerseys:

Like '94 for Canucks fans, 2003 also ended in game 7 heartbreak for my beloved Mighty Ducks. Giguere was the reason they got there, and got the Conn Smythe

2 more games and all you Canucks fans will be as happy as I was in 2007. Niedermayer got his fourth Cup and the Conn Smythe, and my favorite player Teemu Selanne finally got what he worked so hard for. Remembering the ovation he got lifting the Cup at the Honda Center still gives me chills...

This one's got nothing to do with the Stanley Cup but it's a holy grail for jersey collectors and Ducks fans alike

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #115

Last edited by mickz; 08-15-2012 at 04:54 AM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #116
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ Lol Hirsch, our other Ginger Backup
lacubrious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #117

Quote:
I'm not sure where Jersey City gets their jerseys sent out to get it done as certain cresting companies may/may not have the necessary fabric. As for VanCity Sports I'd avoid them altogether. I don't have anything positive to say about that store, especially their Granville Station location.

When the Canucks sold through Meigray a Burrows jersey would only go for about $600-$800. The team pulled out of the Meigray program this year. Not only have the Canucks have cut out the middleman but they've jacked up the prices as well.

I asked about the 40th jersey pricing at the beginning of the year and they wanted $900 even for a fringe player like Alberts. I'd expect one of Burrows' regular season sets to go for at least $1000 through the Canucks.

As for getting your jersey done up with X-trafil I'd go with Central Crests. They are a local company and they are also the official cresters of Hockey Canada. They are going to be a bit more expensive than your average cresting place like Pacific Coast but if you are picky about detail I wouldn't consider looking elsewhere. If you are getting a pro jersey done I'd take it to a place that deals with pros on a regular basis, not someone who only does retail all the time.

You can also request pro-grade twill for the name and numbers. The twill stores use for retail are not as thick.
Thanks for all the information! based on the prices that you quoted, I think getting a game worn jersey is out of question, guess i'll stick with the edge 2.0.

out of curiosity, what are the diffferences between the edge 2.0 that the team store sells vs the game worn jerseys? in terms of the jersey it self...not the "sentimental value" associated with a game worn jersey.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #118
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
If this is turning into a show it off thread...

Here's a pic I took with a random after the Canucks advanced to the SCF. My Bret Hedican 95-97 Red skate game worn. A lot of guys cringe when they see someone wearing gamers but I don't see the point in spending all this money just for a wall decoration.
That's sick, but I'll have to disagree with you there. In my opinion, game worns should be on display. Not worn though...Yeah why spend all the money if you're not going to wear it sure. But, what if something happened to it while wearing it out? It would devalue the jersey and probably give you a heart attack in the process :P Unless you don't care about that, then whatever! Personally I'd rather wear out an authentic, than a game worn, but that's just me

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #119

Edge 2.0 is not supposed to be made available at the NHL Retail level until next season. Since Reebok has caused a massive jersey shortage at such a critical time the Canucks Team Store has "bought" all the excess stock from the team (mostly 2.0 with a scarce number of 1.0 mixed in there.)

Since the Edge 2.0 jerseys the Team Store sells has been pulled from Team Stock, it is exactly the same jersey as the gamers (minus being game worn of course.)

The quickest way to tell between team stock and retail is team stock will not have the black Reebok tag on the inside of the jersey, just the size tag with "Made in Canada" on it. The easiest way to differentiate 1.0 and 2.0 is the material (1.0 = X-trafil, 2.0 = mostly Air Knit w/ X-trafil back panel) and the 2.0 has double-reinforced elbows unlike the 1.0 (both retail and team stock.)
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
That's sick, but I'll have to disagree with you there. In my opinion, game worns should be on display. Not worn though...Yeah why spend all the money if you're not going to wear it sure. But, what if something happened to it while wearing it out? It would devalue the jersey and probably give you a heart attack in the process :P Unless you don't care about that, then whatever! Personally I'd rather wear out an authentic, than a game worn, but that's just me
To me it's the same as buying a nice car but never driving it. Wearing the jersey may devalue it but I'd only worry about that if I intend on selling it in the future. I sometimes see these guys at Canucks games wear red skate gamers (#24 Walker and #2 Namestikov) and they turn heads wherever they go.

That being said I was chatting with this guy at a game this year and he was wearing a H. Sedin gamer from the 08/09 while carrying his son who was eating ice cream. To no surprise the kid dripped ice cream all over his dad's jersey and he didn't seem to care.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #121
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
can anyone help me with jersey sizing? planning on buying one online, i'm about 5'10. 140 pounds. thinking a size small or medium might fit me. TIA
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #122
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
can anyone help me with jersey sizing? planning on buying one online, i'm about 5'10. 140 pounds. thinking a size small or medium might fit me. TIA
Small if you're just going to wear a shirt/sweater underneath.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #123
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
I dun like dealing with VancitySports...or specifically, the owner, or manager wutever..the smaller balding white man. Seems to walk around with his head up all teh time. I rather deal with the other staff, much nicer. Sadly, their new era selection is by far the best in town.

if you guys are looking for blank jerseys, most big branded mall stores should still ahve them.

RockyMountainSports has the best price for edge ones ARMIND bought his Authentic Kesler there.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #124

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
^How much is it at RockyMountainSports darthchilli? I'm looking to grab Hank in a small.

I wouldn't mind waiting and HOPEFULLY the Team Store getting more jerseys and I can use the 20% off coupon
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #125
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
this thread is going strong
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote