REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRav View Post
^ I doubt OP's family and the landlord had an actual official lease sign.
Why would they not? the contract is free from the government website.
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #27
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

just fyi if they kick you out for personal use they need to give you the last month rent free. And once you move out and the final property inspection is done they need to return the damage deposit minus any deficiency in 15 days or you can sue for double the damage deposit. If it is not stated in the contract that your parents have to move out at the end of the lease it reverts to a month to month basis which the land lord will nee to have just cause to evict you. But if u wanna piss them off just squat. from personal experience being a land lord you'll be there for at least 3 months. and they will loose the rent money + have to hire a bailiff to remove your stuff which will cost them about 1200 bucks. they can try to make you pay for the bailiff but really u don't have to. be warned though if u do squat when the bailiff comes and your parents r home he will just toss your stuff on the front yard. If you're not home the land lord will need to store all your belongings in a storage locker for 30 days which is another added cost to the land lord.

Last edited by sirdee; 06-15-2011 at 02:19 AM.
sirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #28
I don't get it

You can go to the RTB and dispute the eviction notice. Any claims that the landlord are trying to make against your parents need to substantiated by previous warning letters from the landlord. The burden of proof is on the landlords to prove. Make sure your parents document EVERYTHING, and keep all correspondence between the landords in writing. I've dealt with a lot of this in the last few months, lemme know if you need some help.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
All of this is nothing if they signed a fixed term lease.

It sounds to me like its fixed term, which means that the landlord doesn't need to do anything. You don't need to sign a new contract with a regular lease..its defaults to month-to-month.

If its a fixed term, and they don't want to sign a new lease, then start packing baby, cause there is nothing they can do.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: