REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   RS "Life's Good" Summer Meet 08.21.2011 (SUN) Brought to you by OpenRoad Scion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647096-rs-lifes-good-summer-meet-08-21-2011-sun-brought-you-openroad-scion.html)

vvd 08-23-2011 02:45 AM

Next year... next year for sure I will make it! :(

!SG 08-23-2011 04:27 AM

MY EXTREMELY LONG WEEKEND...

i knew this past week was gonna be long, but i can truly honestly say... i am not young enough to keep up with this...

MONDAY
- Namie finally rolling! got her to work to get an alignment done, since work's project car was top priority, i sent her out to get alignment done
TUESDAY
- Ran down to states to pick up wheels, long story short, i was given the oppurtunity to give Brian Jessel Autohaus's project cars wheel stance.. and stance it has. 17x8.5 +7, 17x10 +12... ON AN E30 PLATEFORM!!!
- Wednesday, car gets alignment done again, they goof'd and steering was off...
THURSDAY
- clean Namie up for Redbull SUMMER BLAST and Revscene meet.
FRIDAY
- work til 9pm to get "cohiba" finished for Brian Jessel Autohaus. Vynl'd up for the show!
- rush home, shower, rush back out to coworkers going away party
SATURDAY
- 9am, get cargo van from enterprise, 10am get speaker rental, 11am, get cones and other stuff, 12noon finish up packing what i can into the van, pm, final touches on Namie, packed her for Redbull display.
SUNDAY
- 2AM, packed up and had to leave, would not survive sunday!
- 6AM, slept thru 4 alarm clocks, dragged my dead body up, finished packing what i needed
- 7:30am, drop off cargo van at Adesa lot
- 8:30am, drive back to Adesa w/ Namie (my car if u havent figured it out yet)
- set up for the day, bitch at ppl due to tiredness, lack of energy, and straight out pain.
- 7:00pm, pack up do final walk around of Adesa lot
- 10pm, finished unpacking
MONDAY
- 7am, return cones and other things from rental
- 8am, at work to open up shop for the day
- 9am, go to enterprise to drop off rental van
- 12noon, use lunch break to return speaker rentals
- 6pm, go home, pass out til now, err 5am...

And that ppl, is why... :okay:

El Bastardo 08-23-2011 04:43 AM

Well, thanks for rocking our faces off at the meet, !SG. All of that sleeplessness and exhaustion was worth it. We'll pitch in and buy you a lapdance from Beyonce for your troubles.

!SG 08-23-2011 04:49 AM

Im still tired as fuck, but i need to say a few things.

Every year is a challenge to find a new lot big enough to hold everyone, it is never easy. a location to satisfy everyone, while still being lowered car friendly, large flat lot. We've done lots like Silver city, night marketwhat now is the olympic village, science world, spanish banks. For each location, there is a reason why we cant use it. Silver city is the busiest during the summer, and if there is a movie release that weekend, they will not rent out the lot. Nightmarket was cool, it was central, but still was not big enough for us. Olympic village area was a huge lot, but now is all condos. Science world is awesome, especially the $40,000 daily rental cost. This year, i asked around, took in comments, and asked for advice, the name Adesa sprung up. After months of email tagging, back and forth, Adesa agreed to let us try and rent one of their lots. Thank you Adesa.

Special thanx...
... goes to Tommy for stepping it up. As Revscene grows, ive been trying to finite my roll on RS. This means i have to remove myself from certain duties. Tommy stepped it up this year being essentially the General Manager for the event. Organized the volunteers and help.
... goes to the volunteers. It was hot, and probably was getting yelled at by me. The duties at these meets are never full clear, but you guys still pulled it off.
... goes to OpenRoad Scion. They stepped up from last year, and offered to be Title sponsor of our Summer Event. We grow every year, and they wanted to be part of our growth.
... goes to AutoWest Group. They wanted to be part of our fun. But probably didnt realize what they got was the craziness of our Summer meet.
... PAS mag, for the models. Yes, we had a very awesome view for the whole day, thanx! :D
... WINGs restaurant, for making my ass feel like the ring of fire after just 1 bobby wing... also the food rocked. That pulled pork sandwich is a homerun.
... vendors. Speedsyndicate, RiseAuto, theBlackmarkers, Brian Jessel Autohaus. Thank you for coming out and showing support.
... Members, for the most part, were well organized and well behaved. a few small incidences such as the burning out, and the lambo that almost backed up and killed me at low speads due to the driver being on his iphone and not looking in his side mirrors and rear view mirror. just saying, im a pretty big guy, and u missed me in your view, gots something to say about your driving. $150,000 car, cant buy you drivin skills...

ok, still tired, im going back to bed until i have to drag my body up for work.

swing by and visit me sometime at Brian Jessel Autohaus (not really a plug) but if u do, id be more than happy to welcome a sandwich if u so happen to bring over food or something... just sayin...

and just for the hell of it...
the speedsyndicate would like to acknowledge Kevin Lin as being single! he is single ladies, and he is well accustomed to the use of lubricants!

!SG 08-23-2011 04:51 AM

if you reserved a spot, but came in kinda late, and so someone happen to take up some some of your spots. sorry

if you reserved spots, but kept emailing me, say i donno, like 10 emails/pm's with changes every 10 mins, and u didnt get all the spots u needed, im sorry.

we try to accommodate everyone, but sometimes, its just not possible. try to roll in as a crew, and try to roll in early.

european 08-23-2011 06:26 AM

I loved it! Thanks Shoei for everything. Thanks Revscene staff members and all volunteers for everything as well! Revscene meets are by far the best in my opinion then any other car meet/show. Check out the video I made. It's nothing special but here it is...

Cheers
Mike

miss_crayon 08-23-2011 12:24 PM

If you missed it Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net - Announcements in Forum : Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

skyxx 08-24-2011 11:51 AM

Oh Kevin :lol. He's married to his car.

AutoWestGrp 08-24-2011 08:36 PM

Thank you RevScene for putting up such a great meet! It was our 1st time participating and we sure had fun. Hope the raffle winners like our giveaways too! :)

If anyone has any photos of our cars or booth, feel free to post them up on our Facebook pages on Auto West BMW or MINI Richmond.

Auto West Group
www.autowestgroup.ca

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4563298_n.jpg

jACEDesignsLtd 08-25-2011 12:17 AM

RS "Life's Good" 2011 Summer Meet Staff and Volunteers

http://i51.tinypic.com/jj4hfq.jpg

Thank you to everyone who were a part of this record breaking event! Till the next meet..

Matsuda 08-25-2011 05:31 AM

I see Tom ninja'd himself into the photo lol