REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #601
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
This had NOTHING TO DO WITH HOCKEY OR HOCKEY FANS. These kids all came into the downtown core from the suburbs, ready to cause problems because their fucking parent(s) failed at parenting and brought up these lowlife losers that are the shit stains of society.
+1.

Why didn't Miami go up in smoke when the Heat got eliminated? Because actual fans don't riot, it's the scum that comes out and takes advantage of the large crowds. And the punks that I see in the pictures look like the same trailer park trash that comes down during fireworks and starts fights with random people and make it a living hell for the rest of us.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #602
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
Seen this man somewhere in richmond b4
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #603
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25 View Post
you guys need to stop the witch hunt. there were a lot of people down there. and many of them want to be in memerable pictures. i know if i was there i'd throw up the metal demond horns and stick out my tongue, possing by the destruction. i'm sure many members here would do the same.

yes it sucks that the bruin fan was injured (possibley dead) and that peoples personal cars were burnt. get over it. stop trying to get people in trouble for having fun.

IF you were there and you have footage of a person actually in the act and not enjoying the excitement, then yes do what you feel you should with it.
Sorry, I do not agree. If war broke out, would you wanna go out and get your memorable pictures? If a tornado struck, would you go out and throw your horns? Regardless of whatever situation occurred, destruction is destruction and should not be celebrated by silly poses and/or pictures.

A photograph can be interpreted in many ways unless there is concrete proof or captions from the photographer, and even then it may not be reliable. To have your face show up in front of riot damage tonight such as the asian guy above, is just asking for it, innocent or not.

Simply put, don't be fucking stupid and put yourself in a compromising situation.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #604
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #605
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksport View Post
I've been wondering the same thing after going thru a dozen pages, what is he guilty of doing? Didn't know posing in front of a looted store was a crime. All the info that has been posted about him is invasion of his privacy unless someone posts some evidence of whatever crime he has committed. The picture of that kid, assuming it is this Jason kid is no different that being guilty by association. We are just assuming he is guilty of participating in this rioting. So far, martial law has not been enacted yet, therefore he isn't guilty of any crime from that picture.
actually, no, it's not an invasion to his 'privacy'. he posted his info in public on facebook so that even people who are not on his friends list are able to access it. if that's the case, it's fair game.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #606
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
You're brave. I thought about venturing further deep into the crowd, but since I'm not the biggest guy..I rather not have risked it.
Trust me, I've taken pictures in worse conditions. Just a little pepper spray and tear gas. At least they punched me in the face in Japan!

...I also might have a few things in my bag and on my person that I could use in self defense. I'm not going to walk into a hostile area...or even shady places at night...without something I can at least defend myself with. Unless they have guns, I would fuck them up.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #607
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

man i got out of downtown at 12, had work there till 9 but i had to stay behind of it was too dangerous to go out, man pretty sad view of the crowds behavior when i was walking to my car
mike313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #608
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
in this case i dun think we should have any major events if we keep this up as its just gonna make us look bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #609
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Trust me, I've taken pictures in worse conditions. Just a little pepper spray and tear gas. At least they punched me in the face in Japan!

...I also might have a few things in my bag and on my person that I could use in self defense. I'm not going to walk into a hostile area...or even shady places at night...without something I can at least defend myself with. Unless they have guns, I would fuck them up.
haha, i should have phoned you and stayed with you.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #610
...in the world.

Quote:
you guys need to stop the witch hunt.
No.

Quote:
there were a lot of people down there. and many of them want to be in memerable pictures. i know if i was there i'd throw up the metal demond horns and stick out my tongue, possing by the destruction. i'm sure many members here would do the same.

yes it sucks that the bruin fan was injured (possibley dead) and that peoples personal cars were burnt. get over it. stop trying to get people in trouble for having fun.

IF you were there and you have footage of a person actually in the act and not enjoying the excitement, then yes do what you feel you should with it.
Part of me wants to do this for great justice.

The other part is just an asshole and I want to see these people suffer for my own amusement.

I'm going with evidence and I have pictures of people in the act but I will also turn over all my pictures to the police and see if they want to sift through them some more. I will say that it is possible that some people are misrepresented. I have one picture of a guy appearing to put a pole through The Bay's windows but upon further inspection of other pictures, he's actually pulling shit out and trying to prevent people from breaking the windows.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #611
...in the world.

Quote:
haha, i should have phoned you and stayed with you.
Could've. I had extras...lent one to a buddy that was with me also taking pictures.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #612
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
To all the morons "blaming" the Canucks for losing, as many have said already, this had nothing to do with them losing, or them at all. People just jumped on the opportunity to turn a crowd into a mob. This happens all over the world, including the last 3 times a Boston team has won a championship. Patriots, Sox, whatever. When the Patriots won the Super Bowl, 3 people died.

These morons are everywhere, ready to cause shit whenever they can. It doesn't matter if it is a Stanley Cup loss, a Stanley Cup win, Super Bowl, Olympics, G20 summit protest, whatever.

This is hardly even a reflection on Vancouver itself. People just suck, that's all there is to it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 AM   #613
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Why the fuck would we blame the Canucks? Are you fucking retarded?

Is the Stanley Cup easy to win or something? How can you blame the team for a bunch of fucking morons wrecking our city? Are you fucking joking? Only one team gets to win and it wasn't us. Take that loss like a man, shake your opponents hand and get better next year. If "fans" can't understand that, then that's their own fault.

You say a lot of stupid shit and you're kept here for entertainment value but this is just idiocy. Now fuck off or you might have to make a new account.
agreed..

also to add on, many people are forgetting the fact that the Canucks still made it to the Stanley Cup FINALS, isnt that already something we should be proud and satisfied with? although we didnt win the cup, but just the fact that canucks stood in the position of the finals after beating many teams..

people really need to learn how to appreciate more... sighhh...
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
To all the morons "blaming" the Canucks for losing, as many have said already, this had nothing to do with them losing, or them at all. People just jumped on the opportunity to turn a crowd into a mob. This happens all over the world, including the last 3 times a Boston team has won a championship. Patriots, Sox, whatever. When the Patriots won the Super Bowl, 3 people died.

These morons are everywhere, ready to cause shit whenever they can. It doesn't matter if it is a Stanley Cup loss, a Stanley Cup win, Super Bowl, Olympics, G20 summit protest, whatever.

This is hardly even a reflection on Vancouver itself. People just suck, that's all there is to it.
They showed footage of people trying to flip a transit bus in Boston after the win last night so you're right, don't blame the Canucks or even sports for that matter, there's always going to be that small group of punks that take advantage of large crowds and ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #615
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
the fuck people are still down there?
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #616
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

SAD thing is that all the news articles posted all across the world will say "VANCOUVER CANUCKS FANS RIOT" not idiots or hooligans.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #617
...in the world.

...wtf did they riot in Boston? I had no idea...so caught up in this.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #618
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdk1 View Post
actually, no, it's not an invasion to his 'privacy'. he posted his info in public on facebook so that even people who are not on his friends list are able to access it. if that's the case, it's fair game.
So you are absolutely sure that the person in that picture is the same person with the FB account?
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #619
Banned (ABWS)

RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #620
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i just watching the news & it sound like it was started with the canucks lost & also in a few hr there gonna clean the streets

we also made CNN headline news

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRav View Post
Spoiler!

Another angle:
I think this girl was seriously injured because I'm pretty sure I saw footage of the same girl on CBC which showed a cop holding her up and calling for help.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #622
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
favorite riot video so far

Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #623
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
You're brave. I thought about venturing further deep into the crowd, but since I'm not the biggest guy..I rather not have risked it.

Some may disagree, but I feel VPD should have mobilized their units and gotten ready once the score was 3-0.. or once 3rd period started. Also security crackdown like they did in Toronto for G20 would have been great, "why are you bringing a bandana to watch the game? why are you bringing a bat?" ...

what happened there was a human rights violation. cbc extensively covered that event with a documentary harshly criticizing the action police officers took during the event. old people dragged through the streets, people sitting on the ground in a lawful assembly getting riot shields to the face and the largest mass arrest in canadian history with no warrants or evidence to support why the arrests where made. that wasn't even a riot, it was a political march that the police targeted while the riot down the street went unattended for a very long time.

we all have the right to peiceful protest, what happened at the g20 was wrong and illegal buy the police force.

i thank the vancouver police for showing a lot of restraint and handling the riot in a respectful manor, with plenty of time for responsible people to leave.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #624
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
friend said nsfw image i posted didn't work, here it is again incase it didn't load for you
i lol'd

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.

Last edited by Graeme S; 06-16-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: NSFW is not permitted in WS forums.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #625
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Looks like a butterface
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: