REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #25201
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
Clear shoulder to head in this angle.

Also, not full body contact, so expect a suspension.

Also, Ovechkin must not be a star because they suspended him for jumping in a hit right before the all star game.
LOL, he probably wasn't a star at the time.....Played like shit 1st half of the season...

Also:
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #25202
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,249 Times in 2,361 Posts
Fuck, so pissed off to see every team tie up their series last night and here we are down 2-0.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #25203
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
LOL, he probably wasn't a star at the time.....Played like shit 1st half of the season...

Also: Andrew Shaw charge on Mike Smith. Chicago Blackhawks vs Phoenix Coyotes 4/14/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube
Who's #53 on the Coyotes??
After your goalie gets taken out like that (clean or not), you don't just stand there and do nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Fuck, so pissed off to see every team tie up their series last night and here we are down 2-0.
Pens are down 2-0...
I won't panic unless Canucks piss away Game 3...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-15-2012, 02:17 AM   #25204
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,249 Times in 2,361 Posts
I'm confident the Canucks will claw their way back into this series. They've made the Kings look like this incredible team when in reality the Kings are nothing but the Minnesota Wild in drag. They play defensive like the Wild and sit back and wait for chances like the Wild and the Canucks have given them plenty of chances with their bloody sloppy play and lack of pressure on the PP.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that this series should have been a walk in a park but the Kings imo were the easiest team to face in the first round but the Canucks always find ways to fuck things up and make it harder on themselves. And quite honestly there's nothing I've seen in the past 2 games from the Kings that's wow'd me including their goaltending. Go up a couple goals and we'll see if the Kings can win a game.

/end of rant
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #25205
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

All i know is that the PHX vs. CHI game tonight was 10x better than the stupid VAN vs. LAK game last night.

Fingers crossed for a win tomorrow. And Schneider being in net to boost the front line. Oh, and also no more SHG
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #25206
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,845 Times in 8,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I'm confident the Canucks will claw their way back into this series. They've made the Kings look like this incredible team when in reality the Kings are nothing but the Minnesota Wild in drag. They play defensive like the Wild and sit back and wait for chances like the Wild and the Canucks have given them plenty of chances with their bloody sloppy play and lack of pressure on the PP.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that this series should have been a walk in a park but the Kings imo were the easiest team to face in the first round but the Canucks always find ways to fuck things up and make it harder on themselves. And quite honestly there's nothing I've seen in the past 2 games from the Kings that's wow'd me including their goaltending. Go up a couple goals and we'll see if the Kings can win a game.

/end of rant
Good rant although I think if they lose tomorrow, it's pretty much all over. And I still think they would have walked all over SJ (or Dallas had they made it).

I always thought LA Kings were the worst of the 3 potential opponents for Vancouver... but like I have been saying for months, my hopes weren't high for this year anyway, sorry to say. Since January they haven't given us ANY reason to think they would go on any sort of a run this year. So while I'm disappointed, I am not at all shocked. The people who thought they were "saving it for the playoffs" are probably a lot more pissed about their performance though (which is why I have been trying to say what a stupid idea that is)
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #25207
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
All i know is that the PHX vs. CHI game tonight was 10x better than the stupid VAN vs. LAK game last night.

Fingers crossed for a win tomorrow. And Schneider being in net to boost the front line. Oh, and also no more SHG
Yeah the PHX vs CHI game was insane. Heck, all of the playoff games have been 10x better than the VAN vs LAK games
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #25208
My homepage has been set to RS

philly and pens game 2 has been the best ive seen so far (havnt been able to watch all games so far unfortunately)

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #25209
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Just googled Weber's WWE move on Zetterberg. Wow, that's not even hockey. Getting fined $2500 is bullshit. Bertuzzi should have done a Stone Cold Stunner on Weber in game 2 instead of that medicore follow up fight.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #25210
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol fucken chicago
Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #25211
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Game 3 will define Ryan Kesler's career. Prove last year wasnt a fluke!

kesler vs richards
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #25212
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,845 Times in 8,207 Posts
Richards > Kesler imo

I wouldn't want either on my team though TBH
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #25213
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
In general richards > kesler but when both player gear up kesler goes up by 3

I hope to god i never see kesler do this again
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #25214
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
They need to show some emotion and desparation today. I've been watching all the other games, and there is several fights and big hits. The Canucks havent engaged them selves in any of that. They have to be the game changers. they have to be the ones to make the first move, and set the tone on the game. If Kassian is going to ride the pine for 57 minutes, you may as well throw him out there to dummy some one and let him sit in the box.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #25215

You guys keep calling Kesler's year a "fluke" but the fact of the matter is that ever since he had hip surgery, his game has never been the same.....My point being that instead of calling last year a fluke, I would blame his poor performance this year on his injury...

Last edited by bballguy; 04-15-2012 at 08:19 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #25216
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You guys keep calling Kesler's year a "fluke" but the fact of the matter is that ever since he had hip surgery, his game has never been the same.....My point being that instead of calling last year a fluke, I would blame his poor performance this year on his injury...
This. Most people here never played competitive, hit hockey after a major injury that required surgery. You are never quite the same.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #25217
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,312 Times in 1,650 Posts
^ not to mention we have three players in that same situation: Kesler, Raymond, Malhotra. Then add the fact that Henrik is missing Daniel.. and yeah. BUT, despite all of this, the Canucks ARE capable of beating the Kings. I just hope they freaking start showing who's the better team.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #25218
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,047 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Good rant although I think if they lose tomorrow, it's pretty much all over. And I still think they would have walked all over SJ (or Dallas had they made it).

I always thought LA Kings were the worst of the 3 potential opponents for Vancouver... but like I have been saying for months, my hopes weren't high for this year anyway, sorry to say. Since January they haven't given us ANY reason to think they would go on any sort of a run this year. So while I'm disappointed, I am not at all shocked. The people who thought they were "saving it for the playoffs" are probably a lot more pissed about their performance though (which is why I have been trying to say what a stupid idea that is)
Yes. Yes I am.

Whoever wins tonight wins the series.

Go Nucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #25219
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,200 Times in 2,279 Posts
edler needs to move the puck with confidence. aside from that. win battles, keep it simple. lots of shots and make it tough for LA to move
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #25220
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I believe kesler will step it up tonight. The whole team needs to treat the rest of the games like game 7s
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #25221
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
datsyuk just schooled josi…. fuck is he dangerous out there
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #25222
VLS Head Mod

K I'm sorry but to me being a true fan and not a bandwagonner means you get behind your team; cheer and believe in them until it's over, not just when they're winning and doing good. I don't care that my heart was broken with the loss of the Stanley cup last year; I still go on to cheer for the team.
Unfortunately a lot of people have kind of lost hope after last year and not really cheering; I'm sure the players know their fans aren't behind them as much as they were last year and it prob isn't helping them push harder.

That being said; I will cheer for them tonight as wholeheartedly as ever and continue to do so until they are out of the series. I still have faith in our boys
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #25223

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
K I'm sorry but to me being a true fan and not a bandwagonner means you get behind your team; cheer and believe in them until it's over, not just when they're winning and doing good. I don't care that my heart was broken with the loss of the Stanley cup last year; I still go on to cheer for the team.
Unfortunately a lot of people have kind of lost hope after last year and not really cheering; I'm sure the players know their fans aren't behind them as much as they were last year and it prob isn't helping them push harder.

That being said; I will cheer for them tonight as wholeheartedly as ever and continue to do so until they are out of the series. I still have faith in our boys
I haven't lost hope, and I definitely am not openly CHEERING for the Canucks right now. I won't stand up and cheer when they score a goal in today's game simply because I don't want to get my hopes up so high, only to have my heart broken...Do I still expect them to win tonight? For sure; Do I think they can still win the series? Without a doubt....but I won't be up and cheering again until we win game 3 and take the lead in game 4....I'm simply far too stressed to be CHEERING right now.....
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #25224
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Datsyuk is dangerous as facckk, too bad that goal didn't count... all Detroit needed was 0.01 more seconds

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #25225
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
“I'm preparing as if I'm playing and, until I'm told otherwise, that's what I'll be doing,” Luongo said. “We'll see what happens, whether it's me or Cory. I think we both give our team a great chance to win. At the end of the day, it's not about who is starting, it's about the Vancouver Canucks.”
Luongo on Schneids possibly starting.
Closed Thread