REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #2851
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Bure > Linden > Naslund
Posted via RS Mobile
I respectfully disagree. You can't compare the 3.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #2852
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I respectfully disagree. You can't compare the 3.
You can if someone asked you "who would you rather take?"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #2853

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
You can if someone asked you "who would you rather take?"
Touché.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #2854

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I'm not 100% on this, but I do not believe players get paid in the event of a strike/lockout, so that is irrelevant to the 1 yr term on Parise's deal.

No they aren't paid during strike/lockout unless it's by the union but that would be the equivalent of peanuts compared to what they normally get paid. They make an exception for guys who are disabled or on long term injury prior to.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #2855
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
its all about the potential and nothing to do with what he didnt do the previous season...if crosby was a ufa, would you sign him to contract based on a shortened season and concussion? hell i would take that gamble
That's not what I was saying. I mean if they signed him long term, lost a year to a lockout and ended up paying Parise $6m even though the NHL wasn't playing, that's a better option than losing him for nothing next year when he probably test free agency.

P.S. Linden >>>>> everyone else. No one has mattered more to the Canucks than #16. Bure was more talented. Nazzy was too...but I wouldn't pick either one over Linden's heart and will. Remember who scored the only two goals in game 7.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #2856
HELP ME PLS!!!

for any canuck fan that grew up watching linden play, ever since he was 18, there really is no point asking who the greatest canuck of all time is.

Even in his last years (NOT 1994), when he was obviously not the man he used to be, who was the big playoff performer in all the game 7s?

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
Old 07-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #2857
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Linden all the way. Even I, as a Leafs fan, had a Linden poster on my wall growing up. I wore his number in hockey until the coach's son cried about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #2858
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
for any canuck fan that grew up watching linden play, ever since he was 18, there really is no point asking who the greatest canuck of all time is.

Even in his last years (NOT 1994), when he was obviously not the man he used to be, who was the big playoff performer in all the game 7s?
Playoff numbers from 96-08: 45 GP --> 19 points

Great guy but he is not the greatest Canuck. Most loved yes.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #2859
...in the world.

How do you define greatness?

Is it a Calder trophy, a deep playoff run and several high scoring seasons and then leaving with a big frown on his face?

Or maybe it's owning every statistical category as a Canuck but never getting close to the Cup or showing up when the team needs him the most?

Nope. For me, it's the guy that gave all he had to the Canucks and Vancouver, never putting himself before the team, being a leader on and off the ice, etc.

While they were better players and they certainly deserve any honors the Canucks give them, there will always be questions about Bure and Nazzy's commitment to the team. No one will ever doubt where Linden's loyalty was.

I have a feeling that Kesler is the only one with a shot to usurp Linden's place amongst the all time Canucks. LOL...wouldn't that be something...an American is the best loved player in a big Canadian market. But then again...Linden's from Alberta.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #2860
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
How do you define greatness?

Is it a Calder trophy, a deep playoff run and several high scoring seasons and then leaving with a big frown on his face?

Or maybe it's owning every statistical category as a Canuck but never getting close to the Cup or showing up when the team needs him the most?

Nope. For me, it's the guy that gave all he had to the Canucks and Vancouver, never putting himself before the team, being a leader on and off the ice, etc.

While they were better players and they certainly deserve any honors the Canucks give them, there will always be questions about Bure and Nazzy's commitment to the team. No one will ever doubt where Linden's loyalty was.

I have a feeling that Kesler is the only one with a shot to usurp Linden's place amongst the all time Canucks. LOL...wouldn't that be something...an American is the best loved player in a big Canadian market. But then again...Linden's from Alberta.
leadership and heart.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #2861
...in the world.

If the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow, I'd trust in Trevor Linden and Ryan Kesler to lead us against the undead horde.

...unless one or both are already zombies and in that case, may Jesus, Allah and Buddah have mercy on our souls.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2862
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Linden + Bure = apples + oranges
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #2863
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I feel bad for Bure: essentially run out of Vancouver when he was shafted and kicked around by team management. DESPITE the way he left, the number of Canucks fans who feel he should be honoured for his time and contribution speaks volumes to the magnitude of player he was for us. He got a bad rap for the way he conducted himself in the Vancouver public, but let's remember his age and maturity level when he was here, and there are numberous stories about current Canucks that are not exactly flattering either.

I feel equally bad for Naslund: left to whither away with the weight of Canuck Nation on his shoulders, the same Canuck Nation that you can argue he rebuilt after the unfortunate Messier/Keenan years, but left speachless with no answers when it counted the most. I am glad that he was finally recognized for his contributions to the team, market, and city.

As for Linden, nobody can overlook or dispute what he meant to the city. He ALMOST willed home the Stanley Cup amongst a team of underdogs. Not to take anything away from his leadership and heart but to quote Dom Toretto: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile..."

These 3 all bring completely different elements to any discussion and argument and its unfair to compare them directly with each other. Given the choice to pick one of the above three, the clearcut choice for me is the only one who isn't honoured as a Canuck thus far.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #2864
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
this debate could go on forever.. they all brought different things to the table. as important as our team's past may be, i for one am a lot more focused on it's immediate future.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 AM   #2865
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
this debate could go on forever.. they all brought different things to the table. as important as our team's past may be, i for one am a lot more focused on it's immediate future.
... but... there is nothing to focus on right now. News is so slow...
we need to debate about apples, oranges, and banannas. This thread is moving now.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #2866
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I feel bad for Bure: essentially run out of Vancouver when he was shafted and kicked around by team management. DESPITE the way he left, the number of Canucks fans who feel he should be honoured for his time and contribution speaks volumes to the magnitude of player he was for us. He got a bad rap for the way he conducted himself in the Vancouver public, but let's remember his age and maturity level when he was here, and there are numberous stories about current Canucks that are not exactly flattering either.

I feel equally bad for Naslund: left to whither away with the weight of Canuck Nation on his shoulders, the same Canuck Nation that you can argue he rebuilt after the unfortunate Messier/Keenan years, but left speachless with no answers when it counted the most. I am glad that he was finally recognized for his contributions to the team, market, and city.

As for Linden, nobody can overlook or dispute what he meant to the city. He ALMOST willed home the Stanley Cup amongst a team of underdogs. Not to take anything away from his leadership and heart but to quote Dom Toretto: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile..."

These 3 all bring completely different elements to any discussion and argument and its unfair to compare them directly with each other. Given the choice to pick one of the above three, the clearcut choice for me is the only one who isn't honoured as a Canuck thus far.
Bang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #2867
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Long speculated, finally announced.

Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks, in conjunction with the Chicago Wolves, named Craig MacTavish as head coach of the Canucks AHL affiliate on Monday.

MacTavish becomes the eighth head coach in the Wolves' franchise history. The London, Ontario, native joins the Wolves after eight seasons as head coach of the Edmonton Oilers.

"We are thrilled to have Craig join our organization," said Canucks president and general manager Mike Gillis. "He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience that will be invaluable as we continue to develop our players and create a winning environment in Chicago."

During MacTavish's tenure with the Oilers, the 52-year-old led the team to a 301-252-47-56 record in 656 regular season games from 2000 to 2009. Highlighted by a Stanley Cup Final appearance in 2006, MacTavish also posted a career winning record in the playoffs, going 19-17.

MacTavish became the 36th coach in NHL history to win 300-or-more games, accomplishing the feat during the 2008.09 season. At the conclusion of his tenure with the Oilers, MacTavish ranked 36th all-time in wins and 41st in games coached in the history of the NHL.

After leaving the Oilers organization following the 2008-09 season, MacTavish earned a master's degree in business from Queen's University.

Prior to being named head coach of Edmonton, MacTavish spent the 1999-2000 season as an assistant coach with the Oilers and two seasons as an assistant coach with the New York Rangers, beginning in 1997-98.
Canucks name MacTavish new head coach of AHL affiliate

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #2868
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
does this mean we don't have to see MacT bob his head while he talks on TSN panels anymore?
Spoiler!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #2869
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
everytime i see someone bump thing thread i get excited

but see something unrelated to canucks
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #2870
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
everytime i see someone bump thing thread i get excited

but see something unrelated to canucks
boobies.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 08-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #2871
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
so it was a hip injury, not groin

Quote:
Vancouver, BC Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that centre Ryan Kesler had successful hip labral surgery.

“After consultation with our team physicians following the playoffs, it was deemed that Ryan would require a procedure on his hip,” said President and General Manager, Mike Gillis. “We expect a full recovery and determined this procedure would best serve both Ryan and the team’s long term goals.”

Kesler will be available to media at a future date
Canucks Centre Ryan Kesler has successful hip labral surgery - Vancouver Canucks - News
Old 08-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #2872
I HERP TO YOU DERP

^ says 10 to 12 weeks recovery time in the link... and the season starts oct 6th for us.. thats about 9 weeks-ish?

does that mean he's not starting for us
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #2873
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
thomas got a hip surgury 2 seasons ago and with his new hip he turned god-like.

lets hope the same for keslord
Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #2874
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Kesler / Samuellson / Raymond.. All out in the beginning of the season.

Hogdson better step the fuck up.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #2875
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
thomas got a hip surgury 2 seasons ago and with his new hip he turned god-like.

lets hope the same for keslord
Didn't he suck ass the season he came back then went fire the season after? Do we have to wait that long ahah
Closed Thread