REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

shawn79 08-02-2011 01:37 PM

yeah lets suck next season and wait for parise UFA thats when kesler hip will be on fire :troll:

sonick 08-02-2011 02:01 PM

Let's hope it's his hip that's on fire and not his groin. Coz burning sensations in the groin are a whole other issue entirely.

CRS 08-02-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7532226)
Let's hope it's his hip that's on fire and not his groin. Coz burning sensations in the groin are a whole other issue entirely.

Sounds like you know from experiences.

;)

spoon.ek9 08-02-2011 02:28 PM

so CoHo will have a solid 3-4 weeks to play for us. great opportunity for him, hope he pulls thru!

Expresso 08-02-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7532204)
yeah lets suck next season and wait for parise UFA thats when kesler hip will be on fire :troll:

Haha do people think we have cap space to sign Parise?! Where do Burrows and Edler fit into this scenario when they are FA in 2 years?

jeedee 08-02-2011 04:01 PM

There's something called the salary cap going up and trading Ballard? :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 08-02-2011 04:46 PM

i hope Ballard's confidence hasn't been completely crushed after last year. Hopefully he can respond the way Bieksa did last year. Remember, the large majority of us figured Juice was headed out of town ;)

spideyv2 08-02-2011 04:49 PM

I heard Rome will be taking over keslers spot as 2nd line centre. Ballard will be scratched in favour of Alberts, Tanev, and Parent
Posted via RS Mobile

Ronin 08-02-2011 05:00 PM

I doubt we can afford Parise as a UFA. He'll be demanding $6m+ I'm sure and that would mean that we have close to $30m locked up with the Sedins, Kesler, Luongo and Parise.

Everyone is just assuming the cap goes up but the CBA is up in 2012 and I'm almost SURE the owners aren't particularly happy with the current structure of the deal which has tons of loopholes and shit everywhere. I'm not saying the cap won't go up but we can be sure that the CBA after 2012 will be different and just assuming that we'll have room to go after a big ticket UFA is silly.

Wait til we know more...and then we can be excited about getting someone here (not to mention we have to think about Edler and Burr to re-sign soon). I'd like to think we're slightly smarter here than CDC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7532370)
I heard Rome will be taking over keslers spot as 2nd line centre. Ballard will be scratched in favour of Alberts, Tanev, and Parent
Posted via RS Mobile

#RomeForSelke

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 7532365)
i hope Ballard's confidence hasn't been completely crushed after last year. Hopefully he can respond the way Bieksa did last year. Remember, the large majority of us figured Juice was headed out of town ;)

From what I'm hearing, Ballard started the year after hip surgery and never got into the groove of AV's system. They had a talk at the end of the year and Ballard is committed to improving himself for next year and proving that he deserves a top-4 spot. Not sure how much of this is true...but Ballard has shown that he can be a good player in the past. Give him a second shot. Remember how many were calling for Bieksa's head and how many of those changed their tune when they heard of his 5-year deal.

LSF22 08-02-2011 05:52 PM

Alex Ovechkin Lends His Likeness to a Canadian Candy Bar

Back to the Canucks, not sure if anyone seen this, sorry if it is a repost

spoon.ek9 08-02-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7532384)
From what I'm hearing, Ballard started the year after hip surgery and never got into the groove of AV's system. They had a talk at the end of the year and Ballard is committed to improving himself for next year and proving that he deserves a top-4 spot. Not sure how much of this is true...but Ballard has shown that he can be a good player in the past. Give him a second shot. Remember how many were calling for Bieksa's head and how many of those changed their tune when they heard of his 5-year deal.

don't get me wrong here, i want ballard to succeed. it's just that he has shortest of leashes when it comes to playing for AV. an NHL top 4 dman who played at BEST 15mins/game on our team when he averaged over 20mins/game with florida. having him start the year injury free will give us a better look but we also need AV to allow ballard to make some mistakes and keep playing.

punkwax 08-02-2011 08:24 PM

I hate to put so much pressure on 2 guys, but if Ballard and Hodgson perform well and provide some output this season the Canucks are in good shape for another deep run.

If not, we likely won't be as competitive as we were last season. I hate to say it, but its true. We're down some key guys and those roles need to be filled. On paper, we have the players to do it. They just need to get the job done.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hondaracer 08-02-2011 08:31 PM

my video i did a quick edit to try and get at least a new song for the nucks intro, as I posted up i'd loveeee to see ACDC - For those about to rock, but really any change from U2 would be great..

Ronin 08-02-2011 10:27 PM

Someone find me an instrumental version of the Shawn Michaels theme.

AzNightmare 08-02-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 7532193)
Didn't he suck ass the season he came back then went fire the season after? Do we have to wait that long ahah

Thomas sucked ass in 2009-2010. Pretty much lost his starter job to Rask.
Got surgery in summer of 2010. Plays like a god in 2010-2011.
The surgery was effective immediately the next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7532603)
my video i did a quick edit to try and get at least a new song for the nucks intro, as I posted up i'd loveeee to see ACDC - For those about to rock, but really any change from U2 would be great..

‪Canucks Intro NEW SONG - ACDC FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK‬‏ - YouTube

While everyone has their own taste of music... I can't stand that type of rock... and I cannot make out a single word that's being sung. =/

shawn79 08-02-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7532748)
Someone find me an instrumental version of the Shawn Michaels theme.

:fullofwin:

Ronin 08-03-2011 12:40 AM

LOL I need the real thing. Does it even exist?

Quick search shows nothing...no instrumental Sexy Boy.

Tim Budong 08-03-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7532892)
LOL I need the real thing. Does it even exist?

Quick search shows nothing...no instrumental Sexy Boy.

ive been lookin since we had this discussion hahahaha

Ronin 08-03-2011 02:04 AM

"KESLER SHOOTS HE SCORESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

(goal horn)

DUN DUN DUN DUN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Spoiler!

Someone needs to find the instrumental. We cannot be the only ones that think this is brilliant. CANUCKS NATION NEEDS TO SEE IT.

RiceIntegraRS 08-03-2011 06:38 AM

Ronin ur really pushing for the Shawn Micheals theme arent u? To bad Dj Dave is a horrible dj, itll probably never happen

Vansterdam 08-03-2011 06:55 AM

Canucks Community -> DJ Dave's Musings....

lol his song selection sucks

i think detroit has the best DJ

b0unce. [?] 08-03-2011 10:11 AM

man i wish the season would starttttttt

MR_BIGGS 08-03-2011 10:18 AM

Sharp resigned with Hawks for 5 years at 5.9 per...ouch.

highfive 08-03-2011 10:22 AM

Out of all their big names players, the Hawks really overpaid for Kane. Toews/Sharp/Keith/Seabrook and even Hossa is better than Kane.

CRS 08-03-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 7533125)
Sharp resigned with Hawks for 5 years at 5.9 per...ouch.

Wowwwwwww. Faak, chicago is blowing up their salary on so few players.