REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

spideyv2 07-25-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7523852)
could actually see him cracking the lineup on the 4th with a good camp.

but damn im eager to see what MG does. all this depth and farm team signings are fun and all, but i want to see him someone ive heard of before who will be a real impact player. hah.

it's hard when you still have to re-sign 2 restricted free agents and barely have any cap space to work with
only time i see an impact player coming in is via trade

b0unce. [?] 07-25-2011 05:43 PM

i'd rather they tell me what they plan to do with coho

spideyv2 07-25-2011 05:48 PM

If worse comes to worse, I wouldn't mind seeing Coho on the second line wing with Kes if he improves his skating this off season. If not, play him for a full year in the AHL.

dbaz 07-25-2011 07:29 PM

I have a feeling hodgson will be given the chance on the second line to start the season because a. raymond wont be starting the season and b. samuelsson was a disappointment last year although he was hurt. I just hope it works with him on the wing and we can leave samuelsson on the third line as it would make our team a lot better than last year. forgot we still have higgins too

Ronin 07-25-2011 07:39 PM

Hodgson will get his shot with Kesler on the 2nd line along with either Samuelsson or Marco Sturm. I see Sturm and Samuelsson alternating on the 2nd and 3rd line until Raymond is ready to play. If Hodgson does well, he'll keep the 2nd line spot and Samuelsson will probably get bumped down for a Samuelsson-Malhotra-Sturm line on the 3rd with Hodgson-Kesler-Raymond on the 2nd.

But if not, Hodgson gets sent down and we are back to Kesler centering a 2nd line that has three (or possibly 4 depending on who else can step up) interchangable wingers depending on injury and production.

Right now, we're quite light in the bottom six...mostly the 4th line because

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Hodgson-Kesler-Samuelsson
Sturm-Malhotra-Hansen
??? - Lapierre - ???

...looks like it's set. However, if your 4th line is your biggest worry, then not doing too badly. Canucks need to shore up some depth and I don't mean signing all these guys to play on the Wolves. We need another couple decent forwards that can round out our 4 lines. We have strength on the back end if everyone is healthy. A full year of Edler and Salo will be good even if we lost Ehrhoff. I think Tanev is ready to play but definitely short, 3rd pairing minutes.

But as we saw in the 2011 playoffs, you can't have enough NHL-level forwards. Injuries will always thin out the roster by the time June rolls around.

spideyv2 07-25-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7524008)
Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Sturm-Malhotra-Hansen
??? - Lapierre - ???

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Sturm-Malhotra-Higgins
Bitz - Lapierre - Hansen

Healthy

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Hodgson/Samuelsson-Kesler-Raymond
Sturm-Malhotra-Higgins
Hansen - Lapierre - Bitz/Oreskovich/Mancari

if Hodgson pans out, this looks like a deadly line up. When healthy and on their game, Samuelsson, Sturm, and Raymond are all top 6 forwards..I love the depth

Edit- lol higgins

Ikkaku 07-25-2011 08:28 PM

why is everybody forgetting we have Higgins?

shawn79 07-25-2011 08:31 PM

until raymond is recover we might see something like this

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond/Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Sturm-Malhotra-Higgins/Hansen
Bitz/hodgson - Lapierre - Oreskovich/hansen

CRS 07-25-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7524078)
until raymond is recover we might see something like this

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond/Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Sturm-Malhotra-Higgins/Hansen
Bitz/hodgson - Lapierre - Oreskovich/hansen

Hodgson will not be on the fourth line.

dbaz 07-25-2011 08:35 PM

im thinking to start the season

sedin -sedin- burrows
higgins -kesler- hodgson
samuelsson/sturm -malholtra- hansen
sturm/samuelsson - lapiere - oreskovich/bitz

murd0c 07-25-2011 08:41 PM

I just laughing at everyone the forgot Higgins right now lol

spideyv2 07-25-2011 08:48 PM

LOL can't believe i forgot Higgins..that's how much depth we have

jayzus

shawn79 07-25-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7524080)
Hodgson will not be on the fourth line.

:fuckthatshit:
Sammuelsson, Higgins, Sturm, and Raymond wont be playing on the 4th line anyways

hodgson lappy hasen are legit

if anything islanders would want hodgson for mark streit come trade deadline if we are missing Christian Ehrhoff

RRxtar 07-25-2011 09:14 PM

we all forget higgins because hes just there.. doin his thing. not doing anything wrong or doing anything outstanding. hes not a difference maker but not a liability either. perfect 3rd line winger.

i still think we are overloaded with 3rd liners and farm fillers and i could see a trade for a second line winger before the trade deadline (holy shit thats like 8 months away haha) if everyone stays healthy.

agreed that coho is going to be the wild card here. hes either going to fit well on the 2 or hes not going to be involved with the canucks by the time march rolls around.

keifun 07-25-2011 10:23 PM

Damnit! Is it October yet?:fuuuuu:

Ronin 07-26-2011 02:09 AM

LLOOOOOL TOTALLY FORGOT HIGGINS EXISTED.

...and I call him "Chiggins".

So

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Hodgson-Kesler-Higgins
Sturm-Malhotra-Samuelsson
Hansen-Lapierre-???

Oreo isn't signed yet. I'm guessing Hansen will be soon enough.

I'd rather keep Hansen with Malhotra but Samuelsson, Higgins and Sturm would be wasted on the 4th line.

Ronin 07-26-2011 02:12 AM

Not hating on Higgins but the signing I wanted out of the two deadline deals was Lapierre. Why?

THE LAP-DANCE

highfive 07-26-2011 09:35 AM

^ Watching that still fucking hurts. I was at the game and it was fucking awesome knowing that if we win 1 of the next two games we win the cup..

Tim Budong 07-26-2011 11:48 AM

Shawn Thornton with CUP..
looks beat up..motherfucker

http://l.yimg.com/lk/api/res/1.2/d43...7/THORNTON.jpg

mako 07-26-2011 11:51 AM

^
dry humping it
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 07-26-2011 11:55 AM

the last thing i want to see in this thread is ANY fucking bruin with the cup.

shawn79 07-26-2011 12:03 PM

Is that a big dent on the cup!?!

MR_BIGGS 07-26-2011 12:33 PM

The top left portion of it looks messed up.

No more pics of Bruins with the cup please.

Expresso 07-26-2011 01:02 PM

Draper retires today at 33 years old. Kind of puts it in perspective cause when I look at Draper he looks almost 40. But he is like my age almost haha.

EDIT: oops He is 40! He uses #33 lol!

mako 07-26-2011 01:09 PM

Umm ... He is 40
Posted via RS Mobile

Born May 24, 1971
Toronto, ON, CAN