REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #29576
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
That means Vancouver was the only team to win a game off them. See we ain't so bad!

Holy fuck I laughed hard it's true! We don't suck
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #29577
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
good night sweet prince

too bad i hate the way that hit is executed

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #29578
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
so David Booth is taking heat from everyone on his bear hunting trip with EDGETV

People need to simmerdown.
at the same time, this backlash is expected when you tweet shit like that.

funny
I find it quite cool tbh
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #29579
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
it was meant to be a joke.. I feel sorry for boothy. Oh well, people will get over it in time. That shit was tweeted weeks ago..
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #29580
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Hearing something out of Florida about Jason Garrison saying the Panthers have first shot but if he doesn't reup, the Canucks are at the top of the list.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #29581
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Hearing something out of Florida about Jason Garrison saying the Panthers have first shot but if he doesn't reup, the Canucks are at the top of the list.
I heard that too on team 1040, I hope we can get him... I also heard that the canucks are trying to aquire justin schultz

here an article Canucks could target NCAA defenceman
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #29582
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Schultz is a long shot IMO but kid has potential...would be nice to have him.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #29583
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
I'm getting so sick of this dumbass reporter Spector writing articles to criticize the Canucks. Is this Edmonton Oilers supporter putting his head so far into his ass that he doesn't realize that every team in the NHL has players who rant to the referees about the officiating?

He really thinks that the Canucks are the only team that has players embellishing bodychecks in order to get a penalty? He makes an idiotic comparison between the Canucks and the Bluejays. Really Spector? Comparing hockey to baseball? This is a joke. An embarassment to sports writers.

Here's the piece of junk from Mark Spector. What a hack!!! -must be a slow day at work such that he has to get creative and think of more ways to bash the Canucks. It's unbelievable that Sportsnet pays this guy to write crap like this:

ttp://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2012/05/16/spector_toronto_blue_jays_vancouver_canucks_simila rities_mlb_nhl/
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #29584
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I'm getting so sick of this dumbass reporter Spector writing articles to criticize the Canucks. Is this Edmonton Oilers supporter putting his head so far into his ass that he doesn't realize that every team in the NHL has players who rant to the referees about the officiating?

He really thinks that the Canucks are the only team that has players embellishing bodychecks in order to get a penalty? He makes an idiotic comparison between the Canucks and the Bluejays. Really Spector? Comparing hockey to baseball? This is a joke. An embarassment to sports writers.

Here's the piece of junk from Mark Spector. What a hack!!! -must be a slow day at work such that he has to get creative and think of more ways to bash the Canucks. It's unbelievable that Sportsnet pays this guy to write crap like this:

ttp://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2012/05/16/spector_toronto_blue_jays_vancouver_canucks_simila rities_mlb_nhl/
C'mon...he works for Sportsnet...home of such ANALYSTS like Nick Kypreos. lol
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #29585
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
C'mon...he works for Sportsnet...home of such ANALYSTS like Nick Kypreos. lol
This Spector dude has pissed off many Canucks fans, including me

Comments from a reader about the article posted today:

May 16, 2012 4:57 PM in response to: sportsnet_ca
Re: Spector on Blue Jays: MLB's Vancouver Canucks

Spector, where do you come up with this crap? Do you not have anything better to do than bash the Canucks. Isn't the Canucks losing in the first round enough for you. You should take the summer off also. Relax, play some golf, go camping. Better yet, take a year off or I know, why don't you retire?
You seem to have pissed of a lot of Canuck fans and now the Blue Jays. Are they the only teams in their sports that complain to the ref or umpire? I don't think so. Your such a jack *** and can't understand why you are still an employee of Sportsnet. Maybe Sportsnet needs to wake up and fire your ***!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #29586
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
LOL

"Do us all a favor... put on a bear costume and go knock on David Booth's door, ok?"
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #29587
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
it was meant to be a joke.. I feel sorry for boothy. Oh well, people will get over it in time. That shit was tweeted weeks ago..
it wasnt a joke
it was for a tv show
he killed a bear, being a public figure, people get angry lawls
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #29588
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^ I think the joke was his tweet about Chara sized 'bruin'. Looks like he did it with a bow and arrow too. I didn't realize people still hunted with bow and arrows.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #29589
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
ive been hunting and fishing all my life, although never have we gone out of our way to hunt bears, as we do only meat hunting no trophy hunting, and i'm not really into killing bears in general because their meat is garbage, and i just like bears i guess you'd say

this bear baiting and hunting from a blind with a bow is obviously going to be looked upon badly, as its a very controversial way of hunting, Booth was an idiot for posting that video showing how he got the bear when he already created a firestorm by posting the picture he thought that posting a video showing a bear trying to get into an oil drum filled with food was going to make it better? lol..
Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #29590
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
it wasnt a joke
it was for a tv show
he killed a bear, being a public figure, people get angry lawls
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
^ I think the joke was his tweet about Chara sized 'bruin'. Looks like he did it with a bow and arrow too. I didn't realize people still hunted with bow and arrows.
darthwilli
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #29591
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
darthwilli
lawls u damn right punk haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
ive been hunting and fishing all my life, although never have we gone out of our way to hunt bears, as we do only meat hunting no trophy hunting, and i'm not really into killing bears in general because their meat is garbage, and i just like bears i guess you'd say

this bear baiting and hunting from a blind with a bow is obviously going to be looked upon badly, as its a very controversial way of hunting, Booth was an idiot for posting that video showing how he got the bear when he already created a firestorm by posting the picture he thought that posting a video showing a bear trying to get into an oil drum filled with food was going to make it better? lol..
Someone from the Canucks HQ must not be too happy to begin with.
If he didnt know that every move he makes is followed by fans like leeches, he should stay off twiter
Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #29592
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

You can't eat bear?

I'm sure I have before
Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #29593
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You can't eat bear?

I'm sure I have before
its like eating rats compared to moose or elk, and even with somthing like sausage i'd prefer to eat some cheap store brand over bear

also bear since they feed on carcases has to be either hung for extended periods of time or processed ASAP to avoid the parasites etc
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #29594
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
E.J. Express: Was Canucks' loss to Kings all that bad? - NHL.Countdown

Quote:
There was wide-ranging disappointment in Vancouver after the Presidents' Trophy-winning Canucks, last spring's Stanley Cup runner-up, were eliminated from this season's championship chase in just five first-round games by the upstart Kings.

After further review, however, the Canucks might have done well to stretch the Kings to one more game than the minimum in that opening-round series.

Since then, Los Angeles has swept the second-seeded Blues and grabbed a 2-0 series lead on the third-seeded Coyotes (who finished just two points ahead of L.A. in the regular-season standings), outscoring those teams by a combined 23-8.

By contrast, if you throw out an empty-net goal in Game 1, the Kings had three one-goal wins against the Canucks, who played without ace forward Daniel Sedin in the first three games.

And in the last three games of the series, the Kings and Canucks each scored four goals. L.A. eventually eliminated Vancouver on an overtime goal by Jarret Stoll.

For the Canucks, more than their own problems, they ran into the wrong team at the wrong time. GM Mike Gillis should keep that in mind as he considers what to do with his group going forward.

Now, let's take a quick trip on the Express.

WE'RE WAITING …: If the Oilers want to chart a new course without coach Tom Renney, that's fine. But come on -- make a decision already!

In my mind, it's really bad business to leave a coach hanging out to dry for several weeks after the end of the season. I don't think it sends a great message to all those young players in Edmonton about the way the Oilers run their team.

If the Oilers want to hire former Flames coach Brent Sutter, as is the rumor, just go ahead and do it. It's not fair to Renney, who has been left to sit by the phone while other jobs around the League get filled.

RETURN ENGAGEMENT: Speaking of coaching jobs, don't be surprised if former Avalanche/Thrashers coach Bob Hartley turns up behind a bench somewhere in Canada next season.

After leading the ZSC Lions to a Swiss League title, Hartley's name has been mentioned as a candidate for vacant jobs in Calgary and Montreal.

Hartley has ties to Flames GM Jay Feaster, dating to their time together working for the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League in the 1990s. And Hartley is bilingual, making him a natural candidate for the Montreal job.

Hartley has a pretty strong career resume. He directed Colorado to a Stanley Cup in 2002 and guided the Thrashers to their only playoff appearance (and a Southeast Division title) in 2007. Hartley led the Bears to an AHL title in 1997 and he has a QMJHL championship to his credit, as well.

COACHING REMATCH?: A potential Kings-Rangers Stanley Cup Final matchup would give Darryl Sutter another shot at John Tortorella.

In 2004, Sutter's Flames took Tortorella's Lightning to seventh game in the Final before losing 2-1. The Flames had a 3-2 series lead, but couldn't finish the Lightning, who forced a deciding game with an overtime road win in Game 6.

Coincidently, the Rangers and Kings opened the season against one another in Stockholm back on Oct. 7. The Kings earned a 3-2 overtime win on a goal by since-traded defenseman Jack Johnson.

A week later, the Kings opened their North American slate in New Jersey, suffering a 2-1 shootout loss to the Devils on Oct. 13. Those teams met again on Oct. 25 at Staples Center, with New Jersey scoring a 3-0 victory.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #29595
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Yeee Burrows scores

3-2 Canada
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #29596
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Woo. Monster!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #29597
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Old 05-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #29598
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Fuuuu. Tie game.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #29599
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Canada losses to Slovakia 4-3
Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #29600
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Team Canada was eliminated in the quarter-finals of the World Hockey Championships this morning, after a 4-3 loss to Team Slovakia.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Closed Thread