REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #6776
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cressydrift View Post

Didn't A.V mix all of his lines up a few years ago on 3-4 game losing skid and turn it into a 9 game losing streak, and only when a certain local famous singer said he shouldn't keep mixing up his lines and he stoped they won.
That was the same losing skid that had him try burrows with the Sedins wasn't it? If he didn't experiment with the lines who would have every thought Burrows was a 25+ goal scorer and an offensive threat. I mean if you're going to shit on him for certain moves and there negative effects you should give him credit when he does something right. It was movin Burrrows on that first line that turned that season around as well.

I don't disagree with everything you're saying but for everything he's done wrong he's done a shit load of stuff right. I don't know if a new coach would make a difference or not but thankfully thats not my decision to make.

On the subject of Luongo, his biggest fault is he makes to much money. If he made 3 million a year nobody would say shit. He never brought his A game in the SCF but he's not the reason we lost, we scored what 8 goals in 7 games?
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 10-19-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 AM   #6777
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
That was the same losing skid that had him try burrows with the Sedins wasn't it? If he didn't experiment with the lines who would have every thought Burrows was a 25+ goal scorer and an offensive threat. I mean if you're going to shit on him for certain moves and there negative effects you should give him credit when he does something right. It was movin Burrrows on that first line that turned that season around as well.

I don't disagree with everything you're saying but for everything he's done wrong he's done a shit load of stuff right. I don't know if a new coach would make a difference or not but thankfully thats not my decision to make.

On the subject of Luongo, his biggest fault is he makes to much money. If he made 3 million a year nobody would say shit. He never brought his A game in the SCF but he's not the reason we lost, we scored what 8 goals in 7 games?
We gotta give this moot point a rest.

Firstly, it's too much to ask that it takes 5 or more goals to bail out a goalie (we just went through this again with NYR). However, it's reasonable to ask a goalie to keep his GAA at 2 or below; moreso at the SCF when players are expected to be turning in "the best games of their lives"

So really, people aren't ragging on Luongo because they lost. They rag on him because HOW they lost.

Honestly, if they came out losing the SCF but he kept us close and losing by a goal or two max... I guarantee you a lot more people will see it a lot more differently. But that didn't happen and what's worse is the people saw a goalie that didn't care about his 8 goal game, or 5 or 4... and that's what makes people sour about how he lost.

Last edited by Noir; 10-20-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #6778
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
We gotta give this moot point a rest.

Firstly, it's too much to ask that it takes 5 or more goals to bail out a goalie (we just went through this again with NYR). However, it's reasonable to ask a goalie to keep his GAA at 2 or below; moreso at the SCF when players are expected to be turning in "the best games of their lives"

So really, people aren't ragging on Luongo because they lost. They rag on him because HOW they lost.

Honestly, if they came out losing the SCF but he kept us close and losing by a goal or two max... I guarantee you a lot more people will see it a lot more differently. But that didn't happen and what's worse is the people saw a goalie that didn't care about his 8 goal game, or 5 or 4... and that's what makes people sour about how he lost.
Totally disagree, I think too many people are overlooking that fact and just love to blame everything 100% on Lu. Sure Lu, had 2 horrid games in the finals, but using your exampleof 2 GAA, in the 3 wins Lu kept it to 2 goals or less with 2 shutouts. In fact, in those wins, our offense and powerplay disappeared and couldn't finish when it counted. Without Lu in those games, we could've easy lost the finals in 5 games. Don't forget, all the way up to game 2 of the finals, there was serious talk about Lu being a Conn Smythe favorite.

The Sedins disappeared and where more brutal than Lu in the finals, yet everyone gives them a pass and just focuses on ragging on Lu. I can kind of understand since mistakes are more glarring when you're a goalie just like if you where a quarterback or pitcher. Even in the Rangers game the other night on 3 of those goals where horrible defensive zone break downs by the d and forwards, yet everyone just focuses on Lu.

Am I a Lu fan? No, I'm pretty neutral on him, I actually like Schneids a lot more, but the blame he gets in Vancouver is a bit ridiculous.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #6779
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

A.V. cannot adapt and improvise. We have the team, we need a coach who can adapt on the fly and not just throw the sedin line out there

Oh and to add one more to your post cressydrift, wasn't AV asking schnieder for shootout advice vs. pittsburgh?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #6780
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
same record now as presidents trophy winning season, 1 game away from winning the cup

panic!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #6781
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Trevor Linden was on Virgin Radio this morning on the Nat and Drew Show. He was asked about the booing of Luigi and the team. He said the players know that the fans pay to see them play and it's their right to boo or cheer, but he said this shows that at least the fans care. They boo because they have passion for the team. He's been to cities where the fans didn't give a shit if the team won 10 games or lost 10 games. In Vancouver, there's passion for the team.

He was asked about the Kesler photos and a few other questions. In the end, it was all about his fitness club - opening of the Downtown Vancouver location. Some of the things he said during the interview was funny as hell. I love Trevor Linden. No homo.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #6782
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippynixx View Post
A.V. cannot adapt and improvise. We have the team, we need a coach who can adapt on the fly and not just throw the sedin line out there

Oh and to add one more to your post cressydrift, wasn't AV asking schnieder for shootout advice vs. pittsburgh?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #6783

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Trevor Linden was on Virgin Radio this morning on the Nat and Drew Show. He was asked about the booing of Luigi and the team. He said the players know that the fans pay to see them play and it's their right to boo or cheer, but he said this shows that at least the fans care. They boo because they have passion for the team. He's been to cities where the fans didn't give a shit if the team won 10 games or lost 10 games. In Vancouver, there's passion for the team.

He was asked about the Kesler photos and a few other questions. In the end, it was all about his fitness club - opening of the Downtown Vancouver location. Some of the things he said during the interview was funny as hell. I love Trevor Linden. No homo.
I started listening when they were talking about the Kesler photos. I love Trevor Linden too - no homo.

The other thing I wanted to point out is that Nat & Drew asked him if he would ever enter politics. He said that he learned a lot while he was president of the NHLPA, and it was a difficult job. He acknowledged that people like him now, and going into politics would change that.

While I'm sure he would get elected for whatever position he ran for, I hope he sticks to his fitness and real-estate endeavours!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #6784
MG1

I'd vote for him. Simply because of his integrity and work ethic.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #6785

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Ahh Linden's interview clip is available at Producer Scooter :: Virgin Radio 9 5 3
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #6786
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Lu's new mask

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #6787
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
Lu's new mask

Posted via RS Mobile
LOL at Lu's comment
Quote:
News1130radio News1130
RT @sportsnetmurph: #Luongo to wear a new mask tonight. Luongo - "two weeks late just like my game"
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #6788
RS controls my life!

The green cage...

Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #6789
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Sweeeeet went back to the animated lumberjack, I like

Although my favorite mask is still the bear one
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #6790
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
i like it, hopefully it will get his superstitious head in the right frame of mind.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #6791
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Sweeeeet went back to the animated lumberjack, I like

Although my favorite mask is still the bear one
Posted via RS Mobile
that mask was dope
Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #6792
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
Samuelsson's out tonite, Salo's gonna take his place on the PP tonite sweeeeeett
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #6793
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU View Post
Samuelsson's out tonite, Salo's gonna take his place on the PP tonite sweeeeeett
Love Salo on the PP.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #6794
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Side view, looks dope

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #6795
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post

i love trevor linden, full homo.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #6796
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Love Salo on the PP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
i love trevor linden, full homo.
Love Linden on my PP.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #6797
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
He'll win today with that new mask

From the sound of it, seems like a lot of people would be more appreciative if it was Linden posing nude.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #6798
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
maybe lu should take a seawall walk before every home game
Spoiler!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #6799
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Wow , I hate it when they play against the predators. It's just like the playoffs. There will be a limited amount of goals because of Pekka Rinne. I'm not up to date if he's been traded or not though. Their team is just too defensive..
Old 10-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #6800
I am grateful grapefruit

From what I heard from my buddies who played junior hockey - they say that many sports players are superstitious. From which skate is laced up first, to which stick they play with, etc. I wouldn't doubt it if every player had their own superstitious quirk.