REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #7551
I HERP TO YOU DERP

lu was stopping an avg of 2k shots per season a few years back now he's facing less shots and required to make those quality saves

he was the type of goalie that gets on his game when he faces a lot of shots - now he's adapting to a style of play where he wont be facing 30-40 shots per night..

just my 0.02
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #7552
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
Trades aside... this is a nice photo of Schneids
In schnoo we trust tonight

btw, I can't find high-res photo for those who asked
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #7553
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
In schnoo we trust tonight

btw, I can't find high-res photo for those who asked
i think this is gettyimage properties
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #7554
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
it's frustrating that Lu is letting in garbage goals most of the time and the fact that he's playing well below his standard. although you can pray and hope for lucky bounces and posts, but at the end of the day, Lu has got to stop the puck more often. fans and probably including myself for the most part, would over look it a bit if our offence was playing better as well.
listening to team1040 after the game, there were a ton of callers commenting that they felt the team was playing sloppier in front of Lu because they expect him to stop pucks. and that the team would try harder when schneids is in net because he's the back up.
i almost want to say it should be the other way around at this point. panic when Lu starts in net and play calm and worry-free when schneids is in between the pipes.
I don't buy it. When he lost the NYR, you don't get your shots limited to 20 and under because your defense was sloppy or non-existent.

Same thing with last night, you don't enter the period 0 - 0 because the D was also sloppy or non-existent on the 1st period. The problem is, each and every game, there will always be scoring chances on both sides, the odd times they get past our D, Lu should be the last line of defense; but that's not because the defense sucks, that's just hockey.

I mean, the Schneider save on Eberle, was that the result of the team suddenly play better around him? Nope, it's just the same team in front with just another scoring chance for the other team.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #7555

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Let's just put the EDM game behind us and get ready for tonights game vs the Blues
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #7556
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I don't buy it. When he lost the NYR, you don't get your shots limited to 20 and under because your defense was sloppy or non-existent.

Same thing with last night, you don't enter the period 0 - 0 because the D was also sloppy or non-existent on the 1st period. The problem is, each and every game, there will always be scoring chances on both sides, the odd times they get past our D, Lu should be the last line of defense; but that's not because the defense sucks, that's just hockey.

I mean, the Schneider save on Eberle, was that the result of the team suddenly play better around him? Nope, it's just the same team in front with just another scoring chance for the other team.
the team always seems to get thrown under the bus when Lu under performs.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #7557
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Ditto that.

Lu has shown he can play well when the team in front of him plays well. It's about time that he steps up when the team stumbles.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #7558
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i still believe in luongo...he'll shut people up...i care about the playoffs and even if it stings a bit during the regular season, i'll put up with it...
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #7559
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
working the Olympia tunnel again. Awwww YEAAAAAAAAAAA
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #7560
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Luongo has made TONS of highlight reel saves just like Schneider did last night. But I don't judge how good a goaltender is based on desperation saves because that is all they are, lucky, at the right time, desperation saves. 9 out of 10 times that puck would have gone in. And this isn't knocking Schneider but just saying that you can't base how good a goalie is on desperation saves.

Now the game against NYR. The way I see it is the Canucks were owning them. Peppering them with 30+ shots and not getting rewarded for it. It's frustrating. So when NYR gets that first goal in the 3rd period, it put the whole team on tilt. And you know that when you go on tilt, it's only downhill from there.

If the Canucks got the first goal, I bet we would have seen a much different game.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #7561
Banned (ABWS)

I seriously don't know whether I'm watching the same game as most of you guys. How can you be bashing Lu on goals where the defence was pretty much non-existent and gave the shooters time to pick top corners. Last night against the oilers, only the second goal seemed suspect yet you guys go around running your mouth like all those other goals werent quality chances where Lu had little to no chance.

Look through all the goals that Lu let in and see how many were one timers in the slot wide open, 2 on 1s, top corner shots, or complete breakdowns in the defence. There are 6 players on the ice for a reason.

Seriously, no wonder the rest of the hockey world thinks Vancouver fans are a joke.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #7562
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Luongo has made TONS of highlight reel saves just like Schneider did last night. But I don't judge how good a goaltender is based on desperation saves because that is all they are, lucky, at the right time, desperation saves. 9 out of 10 times that puck would have gone in. And this isn't knocking Schneider but just saying that you can't base how good a goalie is on desperation saves.

Now the game against NYR. The way I see it is the Canucks were owning them. Peppering them with 30+ shots and not getting rewarded for it. It's frustrating. So when NYR gets that first goal in the 3rd period, it put the whole team on tilt. And you know that when you go on tilt, it's only downhill from there.

If the Canucks got the first goal, I bet we would have seen a much different game.
Although I mentioned him, I wasn't talking about Lu. What I was addressing, is the defense and the typical fanbase mantra of: "Our defense sucks."

Do people really believe we should blow our core top 2 pairings of:

Edler - Salo
Bieksa - Hammer

Or or people thinking our plugger pairing is at fault:

Alberts - Ballard
Rome + (rotating call ups)

Heck, should the franchise spend $6 - $7M on a norris calibre defensemen the likes of Lidstrom, Pronger, Keith, Doughty... that'll be the end of scoring chances against Lu? Looks like a certain contingent of the fanbase needs to be a lot more in touch with reality than the one they like to criticize.

Besides, I already mentioned in a previous post, Luongo's quick 3 goals against in EDM hopefully would be his own wake up call; because it sure did look like it when he got pulled.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #7563

I'm surprised AV didn't start Lu this game. He's usually good at bounce back games.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #7564
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMu View Post
I seriously don't know whether I'm watching the same game as most of you guys. How can you be bashing Lu on goals where the defence was pretty much non-existent and gave the shooters time to pick top corners. Last night against the oilers, only the second goal seemed suspect yet you guys go around running your mouth like all those other goals werent quality chances where Lu had little to no chance.

Look through all the goals that Lu let in and see how many were one timers in the slot wide open, 2 on 1s, top corner shots, or complete breakdowns in the defence. There are 6 players on the ice for a reason.

Seriously, no wonder the rest of the hockey world thinks Vancouver fans are a joke.
Posted via RS Mobile
D surrenders 20 shots, let in 4 goals

Strong logic, brah
Old 10-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #7565
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
best stream for the game online? i can't find a solid feed

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #7566
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
best stream for the game online? i can't find a solid feed
http://www.justin.tv/sortsall_35?#/w/1971039632
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #7567

NHL: St.Louis Blues vs Vancouver Canucks Live Stream Online TV Vivo
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #7568
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Welcome, MisterMu.

I felt that need to thank you, but accidentally hit the fail button......... too late to change it now.

Last edited by MG1; 10-26-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #7569
I'm better than you.

YEAH U SIT THERE LU

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #7570
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Why are the boards purple?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #7571
I'm better than you.

bieksa is already having a shitty start to this game.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #7572

can't get out of the zone...and when they do its back to the defensive zone already...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #7573
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Why are the boards purple?
breast cancer awareness
Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #7574
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domed View Post
breast awareness
Fixed

It conditions men's eyes to see big breasts better
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #7575

Who's #52 on the Canucks? I was paying fully attention to the game and I didn't get a chance to see his name

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Closed Thread