REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #9501
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Regarding Bertuzzi, all you have to do is listen to his attitude during interviews. The guy sounds like a complete dick. Yes I know he was a Canuck and could do no wrong. But he almost killed a guy, and acted like a dick every time he was in public, so fuck that guy

I was a huge Bert fan too, before "the incident"
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #9502
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
bert rolling into THEN gmplace in his lambo expecting us to just have the gate open for him? yea...tough luck..one at a time. dont shout at us early in the morning

but thats not the worst
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #9503
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Lucic's favorite player growing up was Todd Bertuzzi.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #9504
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
what the fuck is with the schedule this year

3 games in 4 nites, 5 days off, 5 games in 7 nites, a week off, back to back, 4 days off, 1 game, 3 days off, 1 game, 2 days off
Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #9505
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
but thats not the worst
you did it!
Spoiler!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #9506
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I always hear team 1040 talk about how Bert was a cancer in the locker room, but I never heard what he did.

Just like how Pat Quinn screwed Bure, but no one every talks about what it was that was done.
Quote:
- Bure arrived in LA waiting to meet with the Canucks who left him sitting for weeks.
- Bure was asked to pay $50,000 of his salary towards buying him out of his Russian contract
- After winning the Calder Trophy as Rookie of the Year, the Canucks felt he needed to prove his value more before signing a new contract.
- After agreeing to a contract of similar value to Sergei Fedorov and Alexander Mogilny, the Canucks pulled the rug out from under Bure by making the numbers in Canadian dollars instead of American dollars, a very uncommon practice.
- Canucks refused to pay a signing bonus they owed him.
- Broken promises about moving Pavel, and a handful of other instances destroying trust.
http://www.puckwatch.com/2010/12/why...vancouver.html

I never knew there were more so many Bertuzzi haters.
I never heard of this Bertuzzi locker room cancer thing until just now, and then I googled it to confirm some more.

Here's an old article of Bertuzzi trying to explain what was going on...

Quote:
Bertuzzi was also stung by the criticism immediately after the trading deadline, which fingered the relationship between himself and Naslund as dysfunctional on the team.

"I really do think it was overblown and it was mostly started by one guy, and how can I control what one guy like Steve McCarthy thinks," said Bertuzzi.

"When all that stuff started coming out it bothered all of us so much we had a team meeting about it and it was one of those where it was nothing but the truth or leave the room. Not one guy stood up and said he had a problem.

"I think it was mostly sour grapes on his [McCarthy's] part because he wasn't playing much and when he left he said those things. I don't know why he said them.

"I hung around a lot with Markus, Clouts [Dan Cloutier] and Richard Park and spent a lot of time with Jovo and that pretty much touches all those so-called cliques. There were lots of times we asked him to come out to dinner but you can't help it if a guy doesn't want to come or wants to stay in his room.

"He's a man and can make his own choices, his own decisions. You can't beg the guy to come out.

"Why should I have to defend my friendship with Markus? That really bothered me because I shouldn't have to do it. Our wives were close, our kids used to spend time together and there was nothing wrong with that, and for me to have to defend the fact I have a close friend on the team isn't right.

"We weren't excluding anyone else. Ask Wino [Eric Weinrich] and [Keith] Carney what it was like when they got there and see if there were any problems. They'll tell you what it was like. Those guys have both been around and with a lot of teams."
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...75&k=36588&p=2
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 11-19-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #9507

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I never knew there were more so many Bertuzzi haters.
I never heard of this Bertuzzi locker room cancer thing until just now, and then I googled it to confirm some more.
It was talked about throughout the 2005-06 season. Then confirmed at the end.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 11-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #9508
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
you did it!
the worst did involve myself
Ryan Kesler to be exact....
if anyone has been down there, the canucks park to the right of the entrance right when u drive in...
Thats where the SW doors are... the ones that lead to Gate9(security) well theres a small ledge there and he tripped on it holding 4bags and a bucket of ice on his way to Willie Mitchell's Prius.
the ice bucket made its way on to my BRAND NEW CAR...literally 48hrs after it rolled off the lot...

tiny tiny tiny dent..bought me coffee...

or.. how about having some of the guys not willing to leave till like..super late...so they can FUCKING PLAY XBOX inside...
not cool man
Old 11-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #9509
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Henrik confirmed it and mentioned how today's team is all one group. Before practice they talked to together, and after they went out together as a group.
Do you have a link to this article? I'd love to read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #9510
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
anyone ever play sportsaction toto?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #9511
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
if anyone has been down there, the canucks park to the right of the entrance right when u drive in...
Thats where the SW doors are... the ones that lead to Gate9(security) well theres a small ledge there and he tripped on it holding 4bags and a bucket of ice on his way to Willie Mitchell's Prius.
the ice bucket made its way on to my BRAND NEW CAR...literally 48hrs after it rolled off the lot...

or.. how about having some of the guys not willing to leave till like..super late...so they can FUCKING PLAY XBOX inside...
not cool man
Woopty doo..what do you think you get paid for?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #9512
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:

not cool man
i was talking about you using the word "worst" correctly for once lol. but okay, thanks for sharing
Spoiler!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #9513
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Woopty doo..what do you think you get paid for?
Posted via RS Mobile
im a canucks fan, OT pay is great, but i might have shit to do after a game that i cant stay
Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #9514

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Do you have a link to this article? I'd love to read it.
Long but great read. Here's the story about the Sedins confirming cliques on the Canucks during the Bertuzzi era:

Canucks chemistry key to team

Quote:
VANCOUVER — It’s not like they sit around the dressing room, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but the Vancouver Canucks are a tight group.

Tighter than any NHL team Chris Higgins has been a part of.

"It is night and day compared to some other teams I have been on," Higgins said Monday. "I have been on a couple of teams where it was just very cliquey. Outside the rink certain guys just don't hang out with other guys."

The Canucks, Higgins says, are different.

"On this team it seems like you are never in the same group of guys if you are hanging out away from the rink," he says. "And I think that is pretty refreshing to see."

Higgins, who had four previous NHL stops before he was traded to the Canucks at last season's deadline, was immediately struck by the team's chemistry as well as its talent when he joined Vancouver.

He was welcomed with open arms and has seen the same happen to other players who have subsequently joined the team.

"I am a big believer in that the better you get along with guys off the ice the better you are going to play with them," he says. "Some people may disagree with that, but that's the way I feel. You see that personality with this team, guys are willing to spend time away from the rink with each other and really enjoy their time."

Read more: Canucks chemistry key to team
It was Durann who posted it first, thanks bud!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #9515
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
jeedee go post pics of ur hodgson jersey in the jersey thread
Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #9516
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
shawn has a new avatar and location everyday lol
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #9517
MOD

toronto is fuking up my sportsaction bet. wtf washington!!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 11-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #9518
Banned (ABWS)

hhaahah Toronto, they are very exciting to watch! Canada's team right now for sure
Lupul + Kessel > carter + nash

amirite darthchilli?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #9519
Banned (ABWS)

even cody franson is in disbelieve he scored.

"what? i scored?"
Old 11-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #9520
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Celebrities and/or Pro Athletes acting prima dona? no way. Seriously that sounds normal.

If you're career ever takes up the corporate ladder, you'll find worse in people who act like a million bucks when in actuality they're nothing but. At least with those athletes yeah... they're behaving what they're worth.

Of course, it's nice to see successful people being grounded and down to earth, but everyone knows that's not the nature of "money."
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #9521
Banned (ABWS)

matt duchene what a move again!
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #9522
MOD

8th straight for bruins

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #9523

^

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #9524

edit double post

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #9525

Linden heroic in 1994 Stanley Cup Final

Quote:
After all these years, Cliff Ronning lets us in on a secret that speaks glowingly of Trevor Linden's competitiveness and tenacity.

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

Ronning was remembering Linden dropping his right shoulder into Brian Leetch, pushing the defenseman to the side and scoring on Mike Richter to make the score 2-1 Rangers in Game 7 of the Final. Linden couldn't will his team to victory that night, despite his two goals, in the deciding 3-2 loss.

"I broke my hand in that game," Ronning recalled. "But how do I say I can't play when there's a guy who has played four games with broken ribs and torn cartilage and he's dropping his shoulder into guys to make plays?
Linden heroic in 1994 Stanley Cup Final - NHL.com - History

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post thanked by:
Closed Thread