REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

MG1 11-29-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 7708853)
wut he say?

Something to the effect of Luongo's a great goalie. He'll do well. Mentioned something about it being a team effort.

I was impressed how quickly he came up with the answer and how sincere and genuine it sounded.

XplicitLuder 11-29-2011 08:59 PM

was hoping for schneid shut-out tonight

DanHibiki 11-29-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboy (Post 7708852)
The good: Schneider is 47/48
The bad: The Canucks let the BJs get 48 shots

damn those BlowJobs

Bonka 11-29-2011 09:02 PM

Then you should be even more impressed of how Luongo has responded about being on the sidelines as of late:

Quote:

#sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy Luongo "Schneider has been unreal. He's been working hard for 2 years and never said a word so he deserves every minute he's getting now."
Quote:

#sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy Luongo "Schneider has been 100 % behind me since the start so there's no reason why I wouldn't be behind him 100%."

spoon.ek9 11-29-2011 09:11 PM

^ those quotes were in the province articles too :)

Bonka 11-29-2011 09:16 PM

Did Salo get injured?

clowe 11-29-2011 09:20 PM

Tweaked his groin kicking the puck apparently

jeedee 11-29-2011 09:22 PM

Salo always gets the worst luck :(

spoon.ek9 11-29-2011 09:32 PM

hahah oh man, salo has some shit luck with the most random acts. hope he gets better soon :)

BMW M5 11-29-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestTea (Post 7708821)
Vote Schneider for All-star game? :)

did that during the game! Go Schneider!:D

Ronin 11-29-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7708886)
Then you should be even more impressed of how Luongo has responded about being on the sidelines as of late:

Yep, although I think he might make some noise if this continues much longer.

But he's got a point. Schneider has given Lu nothing but support and if you hear the stories around Canucks practice, Schnoo works wicked hard to stay at the top of his game even if he doesn't play much so he's more than earned his time in the spotlight, especially since Luongo's numbers are shit so far this year.

b0unce. [?] 11-29-2011 10:11 PM

Lol my buddy and I were joking about Lu sitting on the bench being bored. It would be funny if the camera panned over and showed him on his phone playing angry birds. Or yelling down the bench asking his teammates if they read his tweet/facebook status

Bonka 11-29-2011 10:17 PM

I don't think Luongo would sabotage the current hot streak they're on, even with his big ego. His chance will come and that's a no brainer. Besides let's be honest here, there's probably no one more on the team that wants to shut us up anyway. And with Schneider doing so well this should only just burn that fire under his ass even more.

I think this break will do him good. Reflect and rest mentally.

Man, the league leader board is really off this year :/

6thGear. 11-29-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7709015)
Yep, although I think he might make some noise if this continues much longer.

But he's got a point. Schneider has given Lu nothing but support and if you hear the stories around Canucks practice, Schnoo works wicked hard to stay at the top of his game even if he doesn't play much so he's more than earned his time in the spotlight, especially since Luongo's numbers are shit so far this year.

That's generally the backups job, to work hard in practice and be game ready at any given time. Although Schnieder is getting his break now, most backups can't be as game ready as Schnieder and most stay lifers as backups. Good on Schieds!

stuff99 11-29-2011 10:51 PM

Is Luongo done in this town? The most vocal fans are clearly not on his side anymore.

On the flip side would you risk losing Cory for nothing or trade while his value is high?

Gh0stRider 11-29-2011 10:52 PM

luongo better get use to the bench.

Ronin 11-29-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff99 (Post 7709100)
Is Luongo done in this town? The most vocal fans are clearly not on his side anymore.

On the flip side would you risk losing Cory for nothing or trade while his value is high?

He's an RFA.

The worst that could happen is we get a 1st and 3rd for him when someone offer sheets him $4.25m.

b0unce. [?] 11-29-2011 11:50 PM

i'm pretty certain that luongo isnt going anywhere unless he requests to move.
he's locked down. he's got what, 10 more years on his contract? something like that. not only is it nearly impossible to move him, but even if we could... what team would take him and his huge ass contract? =/ and then his ntc comes into play :fuckthatshit:
our only viable option is (i think):
a) trade schneider
b) convince schneider to stay and sign him for as long as he's willing to stay.

this has been discussed numerous times. i mean, would you be confident with JUST schneider in net for the playoffs? yes. but what if he gets injured? then we're fucked if we have some shitty back up goalie. as long as we're a solid cup contender, we need 2 legit goalies to get us there.
i could care less that luongo gets benched for the rest of the season, but i'd rather have a legit back up than a questionable unproven/shitty backup for the playoffs.

iwantaskyline 11-29-2011 11:55 PM

I'd offer him what Tuuka Rask got from the Bruins. 3 years @ 3.2 per. Seems fair plus Schneider is in a similar situation to Rask two seasons ago.

pure.life 11-30-2011 12:21 AM

no team in the NHL has more win than the Canucks. lol. what slow start?

dbaz 11-30-2011 12:29 AM

for the people saying luongo is untradeable because of his contract.. let me remind you gomez was traded.

DanHibiki 11-30-2011 12:32 AM

^it's up to lu if he wants to

shawn79 11-30-2011 01:06 AM

as long as lu is with the nucks, he'll be No. 1 (on his jersey)

goo3 11-30-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff99 (Post 7709100)

We're deep so playoff run > trade value. Get him ready for the playoffs so he doesn't panic when he gets thrown into the fire.

SkinnyPupp 11-30-2011 04:43 AM

Jeez, backup goalie goes on a 5 game run against mostly mediocre teams, and people are talking about Luongo being done? :seriously:

Schneider just has a hot hand. Ride it of course, but he is not a .999 goalie. Nobody is. Luongo is The Man, and needs to step up when it's his turn. Because you won't want to depend on Schneider when the inevitable cool streak comes along.

Unless he really is another Jimmy Howard... But you can't tell just yet.

Most importantly of all, the Canucks are actually playing well against these teams. Kesler is going, Burrows is going, hell even Booth has scored a few, and Daniel is finding goals as well. To me THAT is more important than Schneider's outstanding numbers.