REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

HonestTea 11-28-2011 08:20 PM

Ducks are apparently shopping Bobby Ryan around...

Bobby Ryan - Kesler - Hogdson

shawn79 11-28-2011 08:24 PM

:heckno: for 5.100 cap hit, only if we trade raymond booth + 1st or something

if burke knows bobby ryan is up for grabs he will blow up the leafs just to aquire him we know he has a hard on for big american players :jerkit:

Gumby 11-28-2011 08:36 PM

Burke screwed up the team enough as it is just to get Kessel...

shawn79 11-28-2011 08:37 PM

^ he will bend over again just for the sake of an American power forward

Renthal 11-28-2011 09:09 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...paul080508.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...er/okayguy.jpg

lol

jeedee 11-28-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestTea (Post 7707285)
Ducks are apparently shopping Bobby Ryan around...

Bobby Ryan - Kesler - Hogdson

:sweetjesus:

DanHibiki 11-28-2011 09:21 PM

WHat I don't get about the Winter Classic is why do they use the same teams more than once? Pittsburgh and Philly will have done it twice already. Why not give other teams a chance?

Ludepower 11-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7707383)
WHat I don't get about the Winter Classic is why do they use the same teams more than once? Pittsburgh and Philly will have done it twice already. Why not give other teams a chance?

tv ratings

trancehead 11-28-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7707383)

bettman and america

jeedee 11-28-2011 10:22 PM

Anyone have the unedited version of this pic?

edit: nvm found it

DanHibiki 11-28-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7707421)
bettman and america

Ya i understand it's an american thing but why not other american teams?

AzNightmare 11-28-2011 11:03 PM

Daniel has 6 goals, 19 assists
Henrik has 8 goals, 16 assists...

:suspicious: jersey swap?

b0unce. [?] 11-28-2011 11:04 PM

seeing Ryan here is unrealistic. Like mentioned already, cap is an issue as well.
I've been thinking of possible teams we could shop Schneider to if he isn't willing to stay...

Tampa? Roloson is getting old.
Columbus? No brainer there.
Edmonton, assuming the they don't decide to use dubnyk and cause the bhulin wall is retiring soon.
Ottawa.
I think Florida needs a goalie as well :troll:
New Jersey, if Brodeur retires next year (I think he's done imo)

dbaz 11-28-2011 11:09 PM

florida has markstrom. one of the best upcoming goalies

AzNightmare 11-28-2011 11:12 PM

What's Schneider's expected salary if he does decide to stay?

jeedee 11-28-2011 11:14 PM

I'd say atleast 2M if he accepts the paycut to play for a winning team.

shawn79 11-28-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7707548)
I'd say atleast 2M if he accepts the paycut to play for a winning team.

What if he does resign for 2 years at 1.5M /per and performs better than luongo putting him top 5 in the league. He wont be our future because luongo is locked for 8 more years with NTC:heckno:

jeedee 11-28-2011 11:22 PM

Always a good move to trade Luongo to New Jersey seeing how Brodeur is going to retire in 1-3 years :troll:

hypercube 11-28-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7707532)
seeing Ryan here is unrealistic. Like mentioned already, cap is an issue as well.
I've been thinking of possible teams we could shop Schneider to if he isn't willing to stay...

Tampa? Roloson is getting old.
Columbus? No brainer there.
Edmonton, assuming the they don't decide to use dubnyk and cause the bhulin wall is retiring soon.
Ottawa.
I think Florida needs a goalie as well :troll:
New Jersey, if Brodeur retires next year (I think he's done imo)

Tampa has Tokarski
No thx to Edmonton
I could see Ottawa, or Columbus if Arniel somehow magically remains as head coach there

shawn79 11-28-2011 11:32 PM

takarski sucks

edmonton should trade dubnyk and sam gagner to nashville for anders landbacks + 2nd round

dbaz 11-28-2011 11:34 PM

i think its possible to sign schnieder for 5-6 years at around 3million per. considering The current cap situation, no matter whos preforming best between the two now or later in the season, with the money saved better acquisitions can be made to bolster the team if luongo is traded. Remember ntc are nothing, if gomez can be traded anyone can. Disagree if you want but against boston after the hamhuis and rome were gone the team really went to shits. the team needs a number one dman.. with more cap and other people who can be dealt we can get one. But Im sure theres other ways to do it as well. Not petitioning for a trade immediately or anything I just think if one were to be traded you go with the one that saves you more cap.

trancehead 11-28-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaz (Post 7707581)
i think its possible to sign schnieder for 5-6 years at around 3million per. considering The current cap situation, no matter whos preforming best between the two now or later in the season, with the money saved better acquisitions can be made to bolster the team if luongo is traded. Remember ntc are nothing, if gomez can be traded anyone can. Disagree if you want but against boston after the hamhuis and rome were gone the team really went to shits. the team needs a number one dman.. with more cap and other people who can be dealt we can get one. But Im sure theres other ways to do it as well. Not petitioning for a trade immediately or anything I just think if one were to be traded you go with the one that saves you more cap.

that brings a good point on a bonafide number one dman. we have a somewhat deep defense (some say its overrated though) but no clear cut number 1. i hope edler steps up and shines even more this season

shawn79 11-28-2011 11:41 PM

you wouldnt find a #1 Dman for just luongo, maybe for Dustin Byfuglien... all the #1 Dman are tied tightly to their franchise
Maybe luongo + mayray for rick nash :troll:

jeedee 11-28-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7707583)
that brings a good point on a bonafide number one dman. we have a somewhat deep defense (some say its overrated though) but no clear cut number 1. i hope edler steps up and shines even more this season

I agree. The team's priority right now is to replace the void Ehrhoff left. Sure, Edler has taken his spot, but what happens IF he's injured?

Who becomes the number 1 d-man? I really hope MG brings in an offensive puck moving defenceman :eek5x:

Speaking of Ehrhoff...I really miss him and this moment at the end:

:okay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7707577)
takarski sucks

edmonton should trade dubnyk and sam gagner to nashville for anders landbacks + 2nd round

luongo + mayray for rick nash

Oh Shawn you and your proposals, stop trying to replace Eklund :fuckthatshit:

dbaz 11-28-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7707587)
you wouldnt find a #1 Dman for just luongo, maybe for Dustin Byfuglien... all the #1 Dman are tied tightly to their franchise
Maybe luongo + mayray for rick nash :troll:

i realize this and for that reason its also why luongo to me seems like the logical choice to trade. you will recieve more for him than you will for schnieder at the moment but no way you will get a number 1 dman because there arnt as many. youd have to deal the goalie for a young prospect either ready for the big show or close. depending on the prospect you can either get your number 1 dman if lucky or use the prospect you recieve for luongo along with say like rodin/schroeder, ballard/picks to get what you want.