REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

kwy 12-21-2011 11:53 PM

Lu has been stellar recently.

Knock on wood.

Kilinim 12-21-2011 11:55 PM

Some goalies like Warrior and Sherwood too
Posted via RS Mobile

woob 12-22-2011 12:01 AM

Lundqvist Winter Classic Mask released: Henrik Lundqvist’s Winter Classic Mask - The Goalie Magazine - InGoalMag.com

(three pics in link)
http://ingoal.ingoalmagazine.netdna-...011/12/m_3.jpg

604778 12-22-2011 12:53 AM

I think I just jizzed my pants when I saw Luongo save on Pavel Datsyuk in the 3rd Period.

LSF22 12-22-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604778 (Post 7734629)
I think I just jizzed my pants after fapping to le avatar

Fixed. :)

spoon.ek9 12-22-2011 01:26 AM

wow, thanks for the full highlights! crazy awesome game :D

some jaw dropping saves from Lu tonight!

AzNightmare 12-22-2011 01:33 AM

:lol

haha, and this one from last season.

:fulloffuck:

spideyv2 12-22-2011 02:36 AM

kesler is showing why he's an elite player. When the game gets more physical, he plays better and better

DanHibiki 12-22-2011 04:33 AM

Breaking.

Daniel Sedin out with concussion after heading the puck.

:troll: jk
Posted via RS Mobile

pure.life 12-22-2011 06:38 AM

While Datsyuk didn't get his "A" backhand away.. Lu did a terrific job fighting for the puck and his emotion towards the save was something that hasn't been seen from him in quite some time.

It's been a long time since I watched Lu catch so many pucks with his glove!

Vansterdam 12-22-2011 06:44 AM

:bowrofl:

TouringTeg 12-22-2011 07:53 AM

Apple Auto Glass turning point for me was the Hansen goal short handed. Love it!!

Great goal by Cody as welll! Hopefully he will get more ice time.

Hondaracer 12-22-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7734674)
kesler is showing why he's an elite player. When the game gets more physical, he plays better and better

Werd he was dominating datsyuk and zets, there was one play on the pk where Kes hit datsyuk like 3 times as he tried to get back up in the play lol
Posted via RS Mobile

woob 12-22-2011 11:36 AM

Anyone know where I can find highlights of the Wings' feed (not TSN)?

stuff99 12-22-2011 11:53 AM

Sweet story:

Canucks' Hodgson hosts family, Grade 1 teacher- Hodgson brings his Grade 1 teacher to ACC
By JIM JAMIESON, The Province December 22, 2011

Likely none was more surprised to get a ticket than his Grade 1 teacher, Laraine Forgrave, who taught Hodgson at the Victoria Street Elementary School in Haliburton, Ont.

It seems Hodgson, like a lot of six-year-old Canadian boys, claimed he was going to play in the NHL when he grew up. But Forgrave was the only teacher who took his dream at face value – and Hodgson never forgot it.

“It's something that always sticks with you,” Hodgson said before the Canucks took on the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. “She was so different than all the other teachers that I had. I was in Grade 1 and everything I did was about hockey – all my journals, any of the stories I had to make up – it all related to hockey. She was pretty special. Other teaches always said, 'You've got to find something else besides hockey, you've got to have Plan B. Nobody makes the NHL, you've got to be realistic.'

“She was totally different. I had to miss half a day of school in Grade 1 to play in an away tournament and she said, 'It's fine, just get me a ticket when you get to the NHL.'”

Hodgson moved with his family to Markham when he was eight, but Forgrave sent him congratulatory letters when he was drafted by the Canucks in 2008 and when he won a gold medal with Team Canada at the world juniors in 2009.

“Two weeks before I went to Toronto I called and her daughter picked up,” said Hodgson. “I don't think she believed me when I told her who it was.”

Forgrave, now retired, said being invited to the game and meeting her former student again was an experience she won't forget.

"Honestly, I was just blown away and felt pretty special and humbled," Forgrave told the Haliburton County Echo. "Seeing him play his dream, it was just an experience in [my] life that I'll never forget."

© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: Canucks' Hodgson hosts family, Grade 1 teacher

b0unce. [?] 12-22-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff99 (Post 7734994)
Sweet story:

Canucks' Hodgson hosts family, Grade 1 teacher- Hodgson brings his Grade 1 teacher to ACC
By JIM JAMIESON, The Province December 22, 2011

Likely none was more surprised to get a ticket than his Grade 1 teacher, Laraine Forgrave, who taught Hodgson at the Victoria Street Elementary School in Haliburton, Ont.

It seems Hodgson, like a lot of six-year-old Canadian boys, claimed he was going to play in the NHL when he grew up. But Forgrave was the only teacher who took his dream at face value – and Hodgson never forgot it.

“It's something that always sticks with you,” Hodgson said before the Canucks took on the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. “She was so different than all the other teachers that I had. I was in Grade 1 and everything I did was about hockey – all my journals, any of the stories I had to make up – it all related to hockey. She was pretty special. Other teaches always said, 'You've got to find something else besides hockey, you've got to have Plan B. Nobody makes the NHL, you've got to be realistic.'

“She was totally different. I had to miss half a day of school in Grade 1 to play in an away tournament and she said, 'It's fine, just get me a ticket when you get to the NHL.'”

Hodgson moved with his family to Markham when he was eight, but Forgrave sent him congratulatory letters when he was drafted by the Canucks in 2008 and when he won a gold medal with Team Canada at the world juniors in 2009.

“Two weeks before I went to Toronto I called and her daughter picked up,” said Hodgson. “I don't think she believed me when I told her who it was.”

Forgrave, now retired, said being invited to the game and meeting her former student again was an experience she won't forget.

"Honestly, I was just blown away and felt pretty special and humbled," Forgrave told the Haliburton County Echo. "Seeing him play his dream, it was just an experience in [my] life that I'll never forget."

© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: Canucks' Hodgson hosts family, Grade 1 teacher

yeah i heard about this on the team1040 the night of the game.
one of the best feelings in the world is saying "i did it."

snowball 12-22-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 7734976)
Anyone know where I can find highlights of the Wings' feed (not TSN)?

Red Wings versus Canucks - Game Video - NHL Video Highlights - Dec 21 '11 - NHL VideoCenter

unfortunately, it seems like the full play isn't working.

mb_ 12-22-2011 04:50 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/BizNasty2poin...13370836320257

Gh0stRider 12-22-2011 05:00 PM

Kesler gets KRONWALLED LOL

woob 12-22-2011 05:39 PM

SumAznGuy 12-22-2011 06:43 PM

Calgary is up 3-0 against Detroit with 13 minutes left in the second. :fulloffuck:

jeedee 12-22-2011 06:51 PM

Playing a game the night before is a bitch so I'll give the Wings that excuse :lol

SumAznGuy 12-22-2011 06:52 PM

And Edmonton is up 4-0 against the Wild.

Blah_Teggie 12-22-2011 07:08 PM

And Nashville came all the way back to win 6-5 after down 4-1

SumAznGuy 12-22-2011 08:11 PM

Watching Sportsnet Connected, Hazel Mae looking fine in that dress with those heels.

Yum yum.