REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #19326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
RiceIntegraRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,248
Thanked 626 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Marc Crawford was on team 1040 a couple days ago and he said even the Sedins and their agent requested more ice time in meetings when he was coaching the Canucks and at one point both Sedins even thought about leaving the NHL to go back to play in Sweden, I believe this has even been confirmed by Daniel at some point. Pretty common behind the scenes things with agents and management, but as I said, Winter is a bit of a moron.
Daniel said that they wanted to go back to Sweden cause they felt like they werent playing at a level that they should be playing at or wanted to play at.
Advertisement
RiceIntegraRS is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #19327
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,642
Thanked 7,333 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
?????

Stanley Cup!



__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #19328
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
He was supposed to be our next Linden
Im sick of people saying cody was gonna be the next linden.Who gives a shit about linden. he never won us a cup. Gillis's only objective is to win the cup NOW. We've waited too long.We are done rebuilding. Fuck the future. We want the cup this year. I would trade in 10 bad years for 1 stanley cup.

Sorry bout the rant. Dont take it personal.
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #19329
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Im sick of people saying cody was gonna be the next linden.Who gives a shit about linden. he never won us a cup. Gillis's only objective is to win the cup NOW. We've waited too long.We are done rebuilding. Fuck the future. We want the cup this year. I would trade in 10 bad years for 1 stanley cup.

Sorry bout the rant. Dont take it personal.
Hey I totally agree with you. If we win the cup this year or next year I dont' care who the fuck we have to lose to get it.

But if we don't then....CODYYYYYYYYYYY


Winning a Stanley cup is #1 over any player loyalty or even future success.

I want it so badddddddddd.
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #19330
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,443
Thanked 7,623 Times in 2,316 Posts
Don't speak ill of Trevor Linden.

You won't like me when I'm angry.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #19331
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 28,099
Thanked 7,587 Times in 2,697 Posts
Lindens image is completely destroyed for me, especially now that I've known a few people who work daily directly with him with his gym endeavors

He just seems like a big pussy now and it's hard to seperate the heart and soul captain and the guy consumed with staying skinny and pushing glasses

Edit* also personally if you want to keep talking about Cody = linden, I'd rather have another bertuzzi than another linden

Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #19332
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,726
Thanked 5,418 Times in 2,089 Posts
Random fact:

If the Canucks win the cup this year, Cody's name will be engraved on the cup.

Carry on
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #19333
My homepage has been set to RS
 
kristianhay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,163
Thanked 906 Times in 333 Posts
People have got to quit crying over CoHo. Yeah he was a great young prospect, but he's gone. It's not like he was a 50 goal scorer, and we got something back we were in dire need of. Who knows how it plays out down the road, but hindsight is 20/20. Rid yourself of the emotional attachment because he's not coming back.



That's who we have now. Embrace it.
__________________
kristianhay is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #19334
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
linden = no cup no care. lol
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #19335
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Hey I totally agree with you. If we win the cup this year or next year I dont' care who the fuck we have to lose to get it.

But if we don't then....CODYYYYYYYYYYY


Winning a Stanley cup is #1 over any player loyalty or even future success.

I want it so badddddddddd.
Cody is gonna be a star in the league. Theres no doubt.
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #19336
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,214
Thanked 2,544 Times in 913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
He was supposed to be our next Linden
i rather have the NEXT bertuzzi

were you even a Linden fan before 1996, saw a picture of you before and you look like u were born in 1992?
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #19337
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 717 Times in 428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
He was supposed to be our next Linden
so was Josh Holden. Just sayin'
UFO is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #19338
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
i rather have the NEXT bertuzzi

were you even a Linden fan before 1996, saw a picture of you before and you look like u were born in 1992?
I was born in 1984 actually but I love any comments about me looking young.


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAA BRING ON THE JAILBAITS!
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #19339
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I was born in 1984 actually but I love any comments about me looking young.


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAA BRING ON THE JAILBAITS!
dem azn genetics
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #19340
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,546
Thanked 4,039 Times in 1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I was born in 1984 actually but I love any comments about me looking young.


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAA BRING ON THE JAILBAITS!
we the same year brah
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #19341
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,719
Thanked 16,870 Times in 3,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
He was supposed to be our next Linden
and remember linden was traded as well
murd0c is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #19342
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,770
Thanked 4,953 Times in 978 Posts
seriously, if any of you guys blame wilson on the leafs again, i am going to explode.... it was his players that played like shit. He was doing his job right, the team let HIM down.... fucking full of shit. I am tired of coaches fired because management is desperate for some change. People like ovechkin and the leafs defence makes me absolutely SICK...... gutless performances in their games....
Verdasco is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #19343
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,189
Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
we the same year brah
woob is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #19344
I subscribe to Revscene
 
iwantaskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: somewhere in bc
Posts: 1,902
Thanked 664 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
seriously, if any of you guys blame wilson on the leafs again, i am going to explode.... it was his players that played like shit. He was doing his job right, the team let HIM down.... fucking full of shit. I am tired of coaches fired because management is desperate for some change. People like ovechkin and the leafs defence makes me absolutely SICK...... gutless performances in their games....
Watch the Leafs "system" and compare it to the Canucks. It's like comparing the intelligence of a Neanderthal to a human's.
iwantaskyline is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #19345
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
seriously, if any of you guys blame wilson on the leafs again, i am going to explode.... it was his players that played like shit. He was doing his job right, the team let HIM down.... fucking full of shit. I am tired of coaches fired because management is desperate for some change. People like ovechkin and the leafs defence makes me absolutely SICK...... gutless performances in their games....
expect to get fired when you miss the playoffs 3 seasons in a row
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #19346
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 630
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
^ I really think Eakins is a better choice because he seems to be better around younger players. Or keep Wilson until leafs get a 5th overall pick and then hire eakins,-it's a deep draft. Leafs aren't going to reach finals anyways.

As for the Canucks, you obviously need to make sacrifices since nucks are a playoff bound team.
Gilgamesh is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #19347
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,432
Thanked 861 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
People have got to quit crying over CoHo. Yeah he was a great young prospect, but he's gone. It's not like he was a 50 goal scorer, and we got something back we were in dire need of. Who knows how it plays out down the road, but hindsight is 20/20. Rid yourself of the emotional attachment because he's not coming back.



That's who we have now. Embrace it.
Exactly...People need to understand he's gone, and he's not the next Linden or Yzerman or any kind of that person.

Here are some "good" calder trophy winners from the past.

A 5' 10" centre who was 22 years old and had 44 points in his rookie year.

His name is Chris Drury.

A 5' 11" centre at 19 yrs old had 70 points as a rookie.

His name is Scott Gomez.

Where are these guys now?

IMO, any player in the NHL can become a good player. It takes hard work and determination. I don't give a shit if you're 10th overall first round pick. It doesn't mean you're locked to stardom.

Look at Burrows. Never drafted. Played in the ECHL. Worked his ass off. Remember that year where he can't even buy a fucking goal? Look at him now. A leader playing on one of the best line in the NHL on one of the best team. Did he complain throughout the process? Nope. I honestly hope Cody didn't complain about ice time and all. Just cause you're a 10th overall pick, you get all this shit and be treated like the hockey's Steve Francis?
highfive is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #19348
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Exactly...People need to understand he's gone, and he's not the next Linden or Yzerman or any kind of that person.

Here are some "good" calder trophy winners from the past.

A 5' 10" centre who was 22 years old and had 44 points in his rookie year.

His name is Chris Drury.

A 5' 11" centre at 19 yrs old had 70 points as a rookie.

His name is Scott Gomez.

Where are these guys now?

IMO, any player in the NHL can become a good player. It takes hard work and determination. I don't give a shit if you're 10th overall first round pick. It doesn't mean you're locked to stardom.

Look at Burrows. Never drafted. Played in the ECHL. Worked his ass off. Remember that year where he can't even buy a fucking goal? Look at him now. A leader playing on one of the best line in the NHL on one of the best team. Did he complain throughout the process? Nope. I honestly hope Cody didn't complain about ice time and all. Just cause you're a 10th overall pick, you get all this shit and be treated like the hockey's Steve Francis?
ummm drury and gomez both were great players and cup winners. Cody never complained about ice-time..where do you get your sources? Cody was compared to linden because of his personality not his game.
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #19349
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,384
Thanked 5,496 Times in 1,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
seriously, if any of you guys blame wilson on the leafs again, i am going to explode.... it was his players that played like shit. He was doing his job right, the team let HIM down.... fucking full of shit. I am tired of coaches fired because management is desperate for some change. People like ovechkin and the leafs defence makes me absolutely SICK...... gutless performances in their games....
The entire organization from top to bottom is suspect. Burke has one season left and if next season is a fail, he'll be gone as well. Imagine giving a guy a 3 year contract extension only to fire him within the next couple months. I want to hear the justification on that one.

Regardless, it should be called Toronto Maple Ducks now.
CRS is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #19350
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,214
Thanked 2,544 Times in 913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
ummm drury and gomez both were great players and cup winners. Cody never complained about ice-time..where do you get your sources? Cody was compared to linden because of his personality not his game.

You pull that straight out your ass didnt u... what has he done for our community and the city of Brampton or Toronto?
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net