REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #21851
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,193
Thanked 11,004 Times in 2,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Pre-playoff reminder from the Canucks haha. A little cheesy, but still proud of Vancouver and good on them for getting it out early.

CanucksTV - This Is Our Home - Celebrate Responsibly 60 - YouTube
What John Furlong did to turn the city into a gigantic party was amazing. albeit that event ended in glory rather than upset. He comes in a supports the "block parties" to prevent large groups in the downtown core.

So, after winning 3 rounds and having people pour onto robson/granville was amazing. They will send people home now. All this takes is one group to confront a few officiers and depending on the crowd and how intoxicated they are, and a few events could happen right away

its Mob Mentality
Advertisement
Tim Budong is online now  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #21852
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,443
Thanked 7,623 Times in 2,316 Posts
Hitchcock wins. No question.

When he took over the team, there was a very noticible difference in their play and they haven't looked back since. Those other coaches would win if he wasn't in the running but I don't think it's even a contest. They were below 500 before him. Now they're 1st...and incredbly consistent.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #21853
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,238
Thanked 3,446 Times in 811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Hitchcock wins. No question.

When he took over the team, there was a very noticible difference in their play and they haven't looked back since. Those other coaches would win if he wasn't in the running but I don't think it's even a contest. They were below 500 before him. Now they're 1st...and incredbly consistent.
Hitchcock, Trotz (consistency), Bylsma (powered through despite crazy injuries)
rsx is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #21854
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
bensta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,099
Thanked 409 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
Excited for the calgary game on sat., they're always entertaining
ill be @ that game
bensta is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #21855
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Hitchcock wins, imo. He takes a non-playoff contending team to potentially a Presidents Trophy, with no real star players.
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #21856
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,409
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Hitchcock wins, imo. He takes a non-playoff contending team to potentially a Presidents Trophy, with no real star players.


What do you consider star players?
CRS is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #21857
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,276
Thanked 2,322 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post


What do you consider star players?
The top scorer on the Blues is David Backes (How's Kelly, btw?), with 53 points. He's not even in the top 60 scoring this year!
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #21858
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 743 Times in 363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post


What do you consider star players?
theres no Shea Weber, no Malkin Crosby, no Karlsson Spezza

they do have some great players in Backes, Pieterangelo, but by no means are they stars
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #21859
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,241
Thanked 2,550 Times in 917 Posts
There are no star players on the blues but there are some clutch talented players (backes, perron, oshie, peitrangelo, berglund, mcdonald, steen). Dont forget alex pietrangelo could be top 5 d-man this year. Some even say he should get nominated for the norris
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #21860
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,409
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
The top scorer on the Blues is David Backes (How's Kelly, btw?), with 53 points. He's not even in the top 60 scoring this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
theres no Shea Weber, no Malkin Crosby, no Karlsson Spezza

they do have some great players in Backes, Pieterangelo, but by no means are they stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
There are no star players on the blues but there are some clutch talented players (backes, perron, oshie, peitrangelo, berglund, mcdonald, steen). Dont forget alex pietrangelo could be top 5 d-man this year. Some even say he should get nominated for the norris
So then we're judging star quality on the premise of points alone, right?

If that's the case, I completely agree. On the stats sheet, their forward and D-men look to be pretty average to good players but not stars.

However, if you were to judge them on star performances (that doesn't reflect on points), I would argue that a lot of the players mentioned above would be considered star players.

Not mention goaltending.
CRS is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #21861
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,193
Thanked 11,004 Times in 2,182 Posts
The blues play the SYSTEM
and everyone has bought into it

You dont always need the star player, but hte clutch player
Alex Burrows on our team with the Twins, Kes and Luongo

Burrows is our CLUTCH that gets us over the hump..
Tim Budong is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #21862
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
So then we're judging star quality on the premise of points alone, right?

If that's the case, I completely agree. On the stats sheet, their forward and D-men look to be pretty average to good players but not stars.

However, if you were to judge them on star performances (that doesn't reflect on points), I would argue that a lot of the players mentioned above would be considered star players.

Not mention goaltending.
Who on the blues would you consider a star player, that's the same caliber as chara, weber, datsyuk, malkin, etc?
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #21863
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,156
Thanked 3,559 Times in 1,175 Posts

__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #21864
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion
 
HonestTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,379
Thanked 973 Times in 440 Posts
PIETRANGELO!
HonestTea is online now  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #21865
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
shattenkirk>pietrangelo
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #21866
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
hypercube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: home
Posts: 154
Thanked 77 Times in 32 Posts
Pietrangelo is a stud
hypercube is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #21867
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,277
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,160 Posts
St.Louis must play a solid defensive system.
Can't say it's not expected from Hitchcock.

1st place team, but 22nd in GF.
1st in GA though.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #21868
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,662
Thanked 727 Times in 434 Posts
I'm going to the game!

The Chicago Wolves and Abby Heat game that is; early call up scouting for the playoffs

Can't beat $30 for 2 tickets and 2 pizza/pop. Plus $2 beer all night long. Good times will be had.
UFO is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #21869
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I'm going to the game!

The Chicago Wolves and Abby Heat game that is; early call up scouting for the playoffs

Can't beat $30 for 2 tickets and 2 pizza/pop. Plus $2 beer all night long. Good times will be had.
Don't forget your 'stache!



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #21870
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Imagine if it comes down to the Flames needing to beat us to make 7th place. I would gladly throw that game away so we can face them in the playoffs and rekindle our beloved rivalry.
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #21871
RS controls my life!
 
civicyvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: yvr
Posts: 732
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
The blues play the SYSTEM
and everyone has bought into it


You dont always need the star player, but hte clutch player
Alex Burrows on our team with the Twins, Kes and Luongo

Burrows is our CLUTCH that gets us over the hump..
^ That and mostly why Hitch will win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
you seen my pie live!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #21872
xxx
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,377
Thanked 762 Times in 240 Posts
Every time I think of John Furlong I can't help but laugh at his French during the olympics
Oleophobic is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #21873
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
Every time I think of John Furlong I can't help but laugh at his French during the olympics
For an Irishman, he did pretty good!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #21874
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
From Twitter:
Quote:
Don't be surprised to see Weise in the box a few more times tonight. Had a few words with a good looking blonde sitting couple seats away.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #21875
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
GabAlmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Yellowknife NWT
Posts: 5,121
Thanked 3,520 Times in 1,156 Posts
fuck sakes, I lost the link I used last week for the game
__________________
'16 Ram 1500
'85 Corolla
GabAlmighty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net