REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #8026
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

LOL , I admit, I was really sad at how we lost to the Ducks.. but it wasn't as bad as Chicago..

Luongo played great though
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #8027
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Anyway, that is exactly what I mean. His game back then was based on his instincts while relying on physical ability and being intimidating.

Now he's positional, so much to the point where he will now let in a goal to preserve his form, ironic considering how awful he can look letting in those very goals...and his self doubt of course He is his own worst enemy.

I wonder if that groin injury he had has anything to do with his style and form now..
It's more of the change in goalie coaches. When Luongo first came here, Ian Clark was the full time goalie coach and he is noted as one of the best in the business. Then he started up his goalie school and could only commit part-time to the team up until 2010 when they went with Rolie Melanson. That's when Luongo really started moving away from his aggressive style. Some would say that the decline of his play began before that but you could relate that to the lack of an available goalie coach and/or the change in the team's strategy.

And you're right. Luongo's style back then was more like Tim Thomas'. Be aggressive, cut down the angles and play the percentages. If something got by him, it's either the fault of the dmen or it was a great play but it usually worked because of his size advantage. It also left more opportunities to make the "sexy" save that we all miss seeing compared to his passive style. His style now, when he's on his game, doesn't allow him to be in a position where he HAS to make a remarkable save, but it certainly doesn't get the recognition it deserves either.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #8028
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
anyone know where i can get photo blown up and make posters? Need that bure...
40th Posters - 06/10/2010 - Vancouver Canucks - 40th Anniversary
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #8029
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
"@TSNBobMcKenzie: DET signs defenceman Nicklas Kronwall to a seven-year contract extension with an annual cap hit of $4.75M."
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #8030
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
^ nice
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #8031
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Kesler's costume lol

Twitter

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #8032
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post

Raffi Torres covered in brown makeup as Jay-Z. Picture from BizNasty's twitter
Can't believe ppl on Twitter are actually complaining saying that it's racist and shit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #8033
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
anyone know where i can get photo blown up and make posters? Need that bure...
40th Posters - 06/10/2010 - Vancouver Canucks - 40th Anniversary
You'd probably have to get a high res photo.. those don't look like they'd be good enough to blow up to make a poster.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #8034
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Can't believe ppl on Twitter are actually complaining saying that it's racist and shit.
I think it's also interesting to note that Raffi Torres may look white, but he's actually of Mexican and Peruvian descent. He apparently received a lot of flak for that when he was growing up playing hockey - his mom was told his son is better of selling tacos, etc.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #8035
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I think it's also interesting to note that Raffi Torres may look white, but he's actually of Mexican and Peruvian descent. He apparently received a lot of flak for that when he was growing up playing hockey - his mom was told his son is better of selling tacos, etc.
I read somewhere that his mom is actually european but was born in peru
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #8036
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
so after Bryzgalov's last comedy act with the media... he isnt allowed to talk to the media...
from a flyers blog

Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers and the Philly media - Broad Street Hockey

the link has a few interesting tweets from their local sports personalities

Quote:
We learned today that the Flyers changed their media policy surrounding the most media-friendly player on the team, Mr. Ilya Bryzgalov. The goalie won't be speaking to the media on the day before games he starts or the day of games his starts, essentially meaning that the entertaining quotes will only be flying out of his mouth after games he starts.

As predictable as the sun coming up in the morning, the majority of the media had a cow over this, showing more outrage over the issue than they've shown over anything in a really, really long time. Probably since Mike Richards pissed them off last year.

(For the record, we understand and embrace the irony of the fact that we attend games with seats in the PRESS box and with MEDIA written on the badge around our necks, while also commenting on the media as them. But we also acknowledge the difference in our philosophy on covering this team, as well as the difference in our stance on this issue as opposed to the stance of the majority of the mainstream Flyers media.)

Some of the complaints, in chronological order. We'd list them all but that would take all day.

This is just a glimpse at how the media feels about this issue, but it captures the sentiment quite well. A lot of jokes and poking fun at the Flyers for keeping Bryzgalov away from them. A lot of self-righteousness over the travesty of a goaltender not talking to them.

And that's all part of the proper reaction. It's important for Bryzgalov to speak with the media, not because he's an entertaining quote and makes the job of those in the media so much easier, but because he's one of the new faces of this franchise. Our Savior, as some would say. He's an integral part of this team for the next nine years and with the money he's getting paid, he needs to talk to the media. And not just after games, too.

But let's not pretend that's the most important part of this story. This is where the media is being self-centered about this issue. At the end of the day, yeah, Bryzgalov not talking to the media is a story, and it's well worth complaining about. It's well worth the Philadelphia chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association filing a grievance against the team, too, as they have this afternoon.

But it's absolutely not the most important part of the story. The main function of the media isn't just to relay quotes to fans. My video camera can do that for me. It's telling the story of the team to those fans, and that's something they aren't doing here.

The story here isn't "HEY! WE CAN'T SPEAK TO BRYZGALOV!"

The real story -- the one that hasn't been mentioned yet by a single member of the mainstream media -- is "Hey, uh... why can't we speak to Bryzgalov?"

Ask the damn question. Why can't we speak to him? And if we already know the answer -- the general consensus seems to be that goalie coach Jeff Reese thinks the media is a distraction for Bryzgalov -- let's question that answer.

Why is it that a man getting paid $51 million to stop pucks is distracted by talking to a few people with recorders and note pads? If the problem is that there's a lot more media in Philadelphia than there was in Phoenix, let's point out the absurdity in that. Talking to eight people or ten people or 15 people is no more difficult than talking to two. Not when you're a professional athlete, and especially not one who's clearly the opposite of shy with the media.

The Flyers instituted this policy with Bryzgalov today. Why did they do that? It's absolutely insane to believe that he just can't handle the distraction of talking with the media. That assertion does not pass the smell test. So instead of finding out exactly why this happened, the media is sitting there buying into that B.S. excuse. That's more of an outrage than Bryzgalov not talking to them every day.

The media has the right -- hell, even the responsibility -- to be angry that the Flyers are yanking almost all the access to the $51 million man. At the same time, why is there no outrage over exactly why they're yanking that access?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #8037

malkin lol. will update if i find canucks ones before other people do
Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #8038
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
BMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #8039
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
^ posted a few pages back already

someone must have a pic of the sedins as angry birds. cmon!
Spoiler!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #8040
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Bieksa's costume

Quote:
"Hope the elves @ the North Pole dont think im being racist."

This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #8041
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
He should really work on folding his clothes better when he puts them away lol
Old 10-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #8042
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Hahaha... damn his closet is like one of my rooms...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #8043
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
So at the game Saturday, I was telling my GF they should change Lapierre's nickname from MadMax, Lapi, which I think is kinda weak, to The Cockroach - since he can be such a pest. And everytime he scores they should play:

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 10-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #8044
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
Bieksa's costume

he looks like a gnome lol...
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #8045
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Heres Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle

not hockey related, but heres TheRock

Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #8046
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Naked Kes pumpkin carving lol. Spoiler'd just in case.

Spoiler!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #8047
SFICC-05*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Apparently the Canucks are out having a Halloween party right now.

Costumes include...

Bieksa - a wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
Bieksa's costume

Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #8048
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

other related news

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ryan_Kesler
Let's play Words With Friends. My username is 'Kesler16'. #GamesWithFriends m.zyn.ga/i/1LXj2
Kes made the biggest mistake
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #8049
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
he's gonna have like 1000 games going lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 10-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #8050
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
Twitter

Quote:
Bieksa is a Wizard!! #Canucks #Halloween
This person on Twitter was at the restaurant the Canucks were at and was relaying their costumes. I assume she never saw Elf...so she wouldn't know what Buddy the Elf would look like.
Closed Thread