REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #13851
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
500 for Iggy
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #13852
RS controls my life!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #13853

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Can't stop watching

Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #13854
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
i wonder how godly coho wouldof been now if he never had that back injury
Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #13855
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Guy Lafleur coming down the right wing - almost a sure goal. We could use a player like that and I'm hoping Coho's that player.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #13856
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I love how Thomas doesn't even look back.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 01-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #13857
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I believe TT did a double take on who took that shot

In other news, I took a rare troll over to the Bruins board...

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 01-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #13858
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
i wonder how godly coho wouldof been now if he never had that back injury
more like if the organization took the same approach as most teams in developing their young guys. give the kids a stronger chance to succeed. assuming the game isn't on the line/crucial situation, play the kids more. not only give them more minutes, but give them some quality line mates to experiment with chemistry.

coho's class has gotten a solid 3 or 4 seasons in the nhl already while coho is still getting shit minutes and benched often. but he uses all the ice time he gets and proves management he deserves a spot.

that discussion still comes up when people are like "man, we should have held onto grabner. canucks are stupid to give him up like that."
personally i don't think grabner would have turned into a potential calder trophy winner if he was wearing a vancouver jersey. we barely gave him any minutes and threw him on the 4th line. i'm glad he's doing well over in ny.

feels like the canucks are notorious for not giving the younger guys a chance early on and prefer to ride out the vets/established players as long as they can. iirc schneids was drafted 2004. it wasn't until 2010-2011 that he played his full season. i mean schneids lived up to the expectation and arguably is the better than luongo in every aspect. over the same span or less GP, his stats are better. he still had to work hard to get where he is right now. realistically i don't us being able to persuade him to stay much longer. without listing all the points, the main reason that stands out: he wants to be a starter somewhere. which is more important than earning a big, high salary contract as a back up for any team.

wow i definitely went way off topic lol

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #13859
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^ yep. Canucks did a shitty job developing talent like the Sedins.. Kesler.. Burrows.. lol

Hodgson will get his minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #13860
My homepage has been set to RS

Finally a player on the Canucks who has a hell of a slap shot. I've waited since the Bure days lol.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #13861
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
cody godson
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #13862

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
more like if the organization took the same approach as most teams in developing their young guys. give the kids a stronger chance to succeed. assuming the game isn't on the line/crucial situation, play the kids more. not only give them more minutes, but give them some quality line mates to experiment with chemistry.

coho's class has gotten a solid 3 or 4 seasons in the nhl already while coho is still getting shit minutes and benched often. but he uses all the ice time he gets and proves management he deserves a spot.

that discussion still comes up when people are like "man, we should have held onto grabner. canucks are stupid to give him up like that."
personally i don't think grabner would have turned into a potential calder trophy winner if he was wearing a vancouver jersey. we barely gave him any minutes and threw him on the 4th line. i'm glad he's doing well over in ny.

feels like the canucks are notorious for not giving the younger guys a chance early on and prefer to ride out the vets/established players as long as they can. iirc schneids was drafted 2004. it wasn't until 2010-2011 that he played his full season. i mean schneids lived up to the expectation and arguably is the better than luongo in every aspect. over the same span or less GP, his stats are better. he still had to work hard to get where he is right now. realistically i don't us being able to persuade him to stay much longer. without listing all the points, the main reason that stands out: he wants to be a starter somewhere. which is more important than earning a big, high salary contract as a back up for any team.

Great post b0unce. [?]. However, its debateable though.

Hodgson's the same position as a Hart trophy winner and a Selke winner. What's AV suppose to do? Bench them both so Hodgson can get more minutes?

I'm just glad he isn't on the 4th line playing with plugs like Oreskovich and Fanner Glass [yes Fanner cause he fanned on Tanev's pass in game 5 during the finals]

Don't get me wrong, I've been supporting Hodgson since he got drafted in 2008 and I'm glad he's making the most of his minutes and producing.

Good guy CoHo, is a good guy
Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #13863
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
^ yep. Canucks did a shitty job developing talent like the Sedins.. Kesler.. Burrows.. lol

Hodgson will get his minutes.
definitely slow development.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #13864
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
whistle blows, devils score, goal counts
Old 01-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #13865
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:

It's not a fault to have one of the deepest teams in the league. Honestly who knew Grabner would explode out the gates like that, it did seem like he had potential but he wasn't exactly the "Bure of the AHL" when he was playing on the Moose either. At the time the trade was good (I still think it's not bad), we needed defensive depth and Keith Ballard was one of Florida's most consistent and healthy d-men. At least we didn't give him up for nothing a la waivers which would have REALLY sucked. Hodgson is awesome but he's playing behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler, do you expect either of them to slide down to fit a developing rookie in a cup-contending year?... Hodgson is not really a defensive force to be solid on the checking line either. I think we've done a fine job so far considering the circumstances and he has adjusted well. It's too bad Malhotra's eye injury has affected him this much this year ... kinda sucks but at the same time you gotta feel for him... I mean his eyeball almost exploded!

Schneider is really damn good but he's also playing behind one of the top goaltenders in the world, what do you expect management to do? Ship out Luongo so Schnieder can be the #1?... then who would back him up? We would be back in the rotating door cycle with the likes of a not-ready Lack, or picking up floaters like Flaherty, Hedberg, Lebarbera? Therefore costing us a legitimate chance at the cup in the coming years.

I think we are following the Detroit Red Wings model of prospect building ... when you are constantly in contention for the cup, you don't throw in kids into the big leagues, you develop them in the AHL program. We are not the Oilers who ONLY have young kids to work with, albiet they are exciting and skilled, but they will not win the cup, not even close, possibly not even make the playoffs, but they are developing, for the future, possibly at least 3 years more.

Last edited by Obsideon; 01-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #13866
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Hodgson is awesome but he's playing behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler, do you expect either of them to slide down to fit a developing rookie in a cup-contending year?
sure, why not? if the team has a comfortable lead, why not take away 1 or 2 shifts from guys like manny or raymond and give the less experienced guys a bit more ice time. i don't see how that could hurt. like i said before, assuming the game isn't on the line or something, i feel like it should be fine.

Quote:
Schneider is really damn good but he's also playing behind one of the top goaltenders in the world, what do you expect management to do? Ship out Luongo so Schnieder can be the #1?... then who would back him up? We would be back in the rotating door cycle with the likes of a not-ready Lack, or picking up floaters like Flaherty, Hedberg, Lebarbera? Therefore costing us a legitimate chance at the cup in the coming years.
my point was that. yeah of course ideally we would want to keep schneider as our backup for as long as possible. it feels great (from a fan POV) knowing that going into the playoffs if luongo is injured or needs a day off, everyone is confident in schneider's abilities. i just try to look at what's realistically going to happen. schneider's stock has sky rocketed, everyone knows that. you're right, it's impossible to ship out luongo, he's branded canucks4lyfe already. but i'm sure i speak for a lot of members... in a perfect-fantasy situation, if i could move lu and have schneids as my starter, i would. i wouldn't mind giving that eddie lack fellow a chance as backup

Quote:
I think we are following the Detroit Red Wings model of prospect building ... when you are constantly in contention for the cup, you don't throw in kids into the big leagues, you develop them in the AHL program. We are not the Oilers who ONLY have young kids to work with, albiet they are exciting and skilled, but they will not win the cup, not even close, possibly not even make the playoffs, but they are developing, for the future, possibly at least 3 years more.
detroit isn't afraid to work in their new guys almost off the bat.
guys like datsyuk, zetterberg, helm, hudler, and abdelkater (however the fuck you spell his name) when they were first drafted were slotted into the lineup about 2 years after being drafted.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #13867
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Guy Lafleur coming down the right wing - almost a sure goal. We could use a player like that and I'm hoping Coho's that player.
A Guy Lafleur reference..damn you're old.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #13868
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Mike Duco will probably be recalled

https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/stat...70575510822912
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #13869

Quote:

The Canucks develop prospects just fine. At least ever since Gillis arrived.

Hodgson had a huge setback with his back injury or else I'm quite sure he would have played a bigger role last year. He's a top 6 center but obviously with Hank and Kes as our top 2 already he will get limited ice time being the 3rd line centre. I do think he will eventually slide to the #2 role in a couple years with Kes converting to a winger (played wing with Sundin).

As for Grabner, he himself admitted he sucked shit here and in Florida. Getting waived was a huge wake up call to him. But IMO he is overrated and way too one-dimensional.

Fact is we have a deep team and prospects are going to have to really earn a spot, they won't be handed one.

Quote:
guys like datsyuk, zetterberg, helm, hudler, and abdelkater (however the fuck you spell his name) when they were first drafted were slotted into the lineup about 2 years after being drafted.
All of these guys earned their ice time by starting off as 4th/3rd liners.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #13870

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
As for Grabner, he himself admitted he sucked shit here and in Florida. Getting waived was a huge wake up call to him. But IMO he is overrated and way too one-dimensional.
I wouldn't call 34 goals in 76 games overrated

And I wouldn't consider Grabner one-dimensional... he's an explosive skater, sports an exceptional goal-scoring touch, soft hands, offensive instincts, can play either wing, knows how to put the puck in the net and can excel in short-handed situations.

[well, thats what forecaster says ]

Who knows how Grabner would've done in Vancouver. Everything in life happens for a reason.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #13871
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Sucks to hear you missed out

Canucks vs. Bruins 1/7/2012 - YouTube

THIS is the game I missed? Fuck me...I was amped listening to it on the radio but to see Marchand's fucking face! I've never hated a Bruins more. Lucic, with all that talent, has to be such a prick.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #13872

You missed it on TV? It was one of the most anticipated games this year
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #13873
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
my point was that. yeah of course ideally we would want to keep schneider as our backup for as long as possible. it feels great (from a fan POV) knowing that going into the playoffs if luongo is injured or needs a day off, everyone is confident in schneider's abilities. i just try to look at what's realistically going to happen. schneider's stock has sky rocketed, everyone knows that. you're right, it's impossible to ship out luongo, he's branded canucks4lyfe already. but i'm sure i speak for a lot of members... in a perfect-fantasy situation, if i could move lu and have schneids as my starter, i would. i wouldn't mind giving that eddie lack fellow a chance as backup
And what did you think of Luongo when he first arrived in Vancouver? He was prasied like a God around here and I'm sure 99% of the fans were glad we had him and probably wanted to sign him to a life long contract. Now look at the years after; he's had some up and down years but for the most part he's been good. He's a veteran guy in the league and has proven that he can win (at least in the regular season) and yet people still want to get rid of him now because apparently Cory Schneider who has played a career high 26 games last year will be the next big thing right? Kinda like how Lu was a big deal when he first got here? You just can't predict the future - Cory could really become the next big deal or he could fizzle out after a few years.

Quote:
How's that different from how the Canucks work in top prospects? The sedins were playing a year after their draft and Kesler was in the lineup in his draft year. Bourdon got some games in early too if I remember correctly.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #13874
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
You missed it on TV? It was one of the most anticipated games this year
I had work, though I caught most of it on the radio.....what a fail. I called home for someone to find it on TV but stupid Shaw didn't show the game on CH302. Thanks for posting that vid btw
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #13875
degenerate extraordinaire

under AV's reign, Grabner would likely be stuck being a 4th line grinder or a 3rd line winger. Some players explode out of the gate (Edmonton's rookie line, Crosby, Ovie, etc.) while as some take a bit longer.

I remember how painful it was watching Kesler develop as a younger guy on the Canucks. He was given plenty of ice time but from what everybody saw, he was merely a feisty grinder. We endured a few years of that before realizing he actually had the offensive upside, which the scouts saw. Same deal with Burrows. Now we praise them like gods.

From a fan perspective, it is really difficult to judge whether or not the players would reach their potentials.

IMO, AV will always fall back on his defensive system, and as such would favour people with a more defensive game. This is why players like Grabner and Shirokov would not develop very well nor be given as much opportunity on the Canucks.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Closed Thread