REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #26351
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
That's crap. AV has gone miles past anybody in terms of Canucks coach.
Because this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Pat Quinn was the best coach that the team has ever had, if you look beyond winning percentages. Roger Nielsen and Harry Neale rank up there too.
Advertisement

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #26352
My homepage has been set to RS

Completely off topic but I thought this was pretty funny.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #26353
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Is it me though, Kassian isn't really all that physical. He's been pretty invisble, but then again hes pretty much benched for majority of the game.
Yea Kassian seems to be shell shocked. The pace of a playoff game is quite different from a regular season game and I don't think he is ready for either. He appears to be intimidated. IMHO he looked out of place during the regular season and even more so currently.
...He will be an awesome player in a few years though.
Wish he could knock some heads like he did in the Juniors.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #26354
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts

loled
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #26355
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Pat Quinn was the best coach that the team has ever had, if you look beyond winning percentages. Roger Nielsen and Harry Neale rank up there too.
Totally disagree. He got them to a game 7 of the SCF once, so did AV. That's about where the comparisons stop, 2 presidents trophy's back to back, 4 consecutive Division titles. There aren't many coaches that have done that for any team and there sure as hell isn't one that has ever did it for the Canuck's. Don't get me wrong I liked Pat Quinn but AV doesn't get enough respect.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #26356

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Totally disagree. He got them to a game 7 of the SCF once, so did AV. That's about where the comparisons stop, 2 presidents trophy's back to back, 4 consecutive Division titles. There aren't many coaches that have done that for any team and there sure as hell isn't one that has ever did it for the Canuck's. Don't get me wrong I liked Pat Quinn but AV doesn't get enough respect.
Doesn't seem like AV is able to motivate this team come playoffs. If this is the case he needs to go and its time for a change! You are not giving enough credit to the players AV is working with today. The team makes AV look better then he is. Any/most NHL coaches would do well icing a lineup the Canucks have.

Powerplay sucks
Penalty Kill not so great
Not standing up for one another
No motivation

All problems that start with coaching!

We are not the Detroit Redwings, we have to stop trying to play like them (Hell, even they stand up for their stars)
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #26357
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Wow....Florida takes the lead.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #26358
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_39 View Post
Doesn't seem like AV is able to motivate this team come playoffs. If this is the case he needs to go and its time for a change! You are not giving enough credit to the players AV is working with today. The team makes AV look better then he is. Any/most NHL coaches would do well icing a lineup the Canucks have.

Powerplay sucks
Penalty Kill not so great
Not standing up for one another
No motivation

All problems that start with coaching!
The grass is always greener on the other side. Just like Luongo so many like to blame him for for all the bad shit which is fair but they give zero recognition for anything he does well.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #26359
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
@VanCanucks: "If I don’t feel right tomorrow, I’m not going to play, that’s the bottom line" - Daniel Sedin cautious about return: Daniel Sedin eying a return - Vancouver Canucks - Features

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #26360

Quote:
The grass is always greener on the other side. Just like Luongo so many like to blame him for for all the bad shit which is fair but they give zero recognition for anything he does well.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
haha Ya i guess so

but i do agree with you about Luongo. I thought he should have been playing game 3 as I felt he was one of our best players through games 1 and 2. Say they won last game and ran with Schneider everybody would have been talking smack about him even tho it wasn't warranted. I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he has been for Vancouver.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #26361
RS controls my life!

Quote:
It's like I said, even though it's not the Cup, back to back Pres trophy has to mean something. AV doesn't get enough credit.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #26362
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
It's like I said, even though it's not the Cup, back to back Pres trophy has to mean something. AV doesn't get enough credit.
It means he's a great regular season coach and not a good playoff coach??
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #26363

Last year's PT meant something - they were clearly the superior regular season team as they rolled over teams right to the end of the season. The reason I discount the clinch this year is that too many people used that to hide the fact that it hid some serious flaws in the team that could has has showed in the playoffs. Skinny has already touched on this.

I don't discount his success as a coach here but I hate how Raymond receives preferential treatment while other players like Ballard, Kassian, et al are on the other end and can do no right. It things like this that reminds me of Crow who did the same thing. Very good coach in his own right but is it the best for the team..Raymond on the top 6? Come on..

In many instances, simply a coach's time with one team eventually ends.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #26364
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
you cant put the blame soley on the coach, or the goalie, or the PP, or whatever. hell, ive even read on her that MG should be fired. its a TEAM sport, and you need a combination of everything, with a sprinkling of luck to win it all. last year we were ONE GAME away from winning it all, and for 164 games of the last 2 regular seasons back to back, we have been the best team in the NHL. we had everything except for that sprinkling of luck which resulted in half of the team getting hurt in the SCF last year.

AV has NHL hardware that says hes a stellar coach. our PP has consistantly been top 5 for a number of years. we've had back to back art ross winners, an MVP, and a selke winner, and MG was named GM of the year.

and with all that being said, right now, in round 1, this year, the LA kings are built just a little better to face the canucks than the canucks are to face the kings.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #26365
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
as far as everyone shitting on what AV is doing with mayray, you all agree he hardly plays like he deserves to be in the top 6. but should he be playing on the 4th line? hes not a grinder, or a hitter, hes a finesse player. he doesnt belong on the 4th line, if hes going to do anything for the team its going to be by providing offense. maybe hes not playing well enough for the first 2 lines, but hes playing better as a top 6 than he would as 4th liner.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #26366

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
as far as everyone shitting on what AV is doing with mayray, you all agree he hardly plays like he deserves to be in the top 6. but should he be playing on the 4th line? hes not a grinder, or a hitter, hes a finesse player. he doesnt belong on the 4th line, if hes going to do anything for the team its going to be by providing offense. maybe hes not playing well enough for the first 2 lines, but hes playing better as a top 6 than he would as 4th liner.
That's the ironic thing about Raymond. When he was out, you could tell his presence was missed. We all know how he is in the lineup.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #26367
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Torres just destroyed hossa
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #26368
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

And there goes Torres killing another Blackhawk. If Kassian was brought in as a quasi-replacement for him, Kassian isn't doing a very good job right now. Maybe in a few years though?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #26369
MOD

oh shit...hossa!!!!

Quote:

Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #26370
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Canucks were too pussy to bring back Torres

now the team as a whole is more pussy than ever

after we missed our window last year, i have huge doubts in the Sedins ever leading us back to the finals based purely on their toughness

and when i say "toughness" i'm not talking about ability to fight, i'm talking battle level

of the elite teams, who has a lesser battle level than the Sedins as a tandem?

Kane/Toews? no

Gaborik/Richards no

Richards/Carter no

personally i'm fucking sick of being a soft ass team, and look where trying to be "tough" got us this year, the one time Daniel tries to throw a hit he gets absolutely KO'ed for it

Henrik has no grit and without Daniel becomes easilly taken out of the play now that teams just follow the boston model

Kesler hasnt stood up for anyone in the last 2 years

Bieksa is the only person who actually stands up for his team mates and it's almost like he's looking around desperately for support when he does and there's none there

We are pussy's, and IMO last years run was a skilled team suprising other teams and rolling on them before they got to adjust, then they got to the Bruins and everyone knows what happened there..

unless there are some somewhat severe overhauls to our team, our window has already closed.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #26371
MOD

haha preds got screwed.

refs had the intent of blowing down the call when the puck went in...

Quote:

Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #26372
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
The thing is the Canucks are trying to emulate, arguable the best team in the NHL for the past decade. The Detroit Red Wings. They maybe a tad grittier than the Canucks but not by much. Id rather us be more like them than any other team in the NHL. Back in the day when we had Brashier, Odjick, May, Staios, Walker ect. We were basically the Flyers of the West and it was fun to see us taking teams out by toughness, but it didnt win us any games.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #26373
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
manny is dead weight on this team other than winning face offs @ 2.5mill
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #26374
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I think they are being extra nice to Manny so he'll retire due to injury, which means they're off the hook on his contract

As far as firing the coach, I think that would be a horrible idea, and set them back years. Yes Edmonton went on a cinderella run one year, but trust me, we put MacTavish behind the bench, say hello to the Messier years again.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #26375
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
haha preds got screwed.

refs had the intent of blowing down the call when the puck went in...
It's okay. Howard obliged the Preds by leaving his net wide open for Klein.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
Closed Thread