REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #17951
I subscribe to Revscene

Bryan Allen would be dope...

who can replace Torres....with those bone crushing hits???

we need someone who can punish the other team come playoffs
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #17952
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'd be ecstatic if we somehow get Dustin Brown. He fits right in to our top 6.

And plus. .wouldn't you want this guy on our team

Saw this one lol

Get this done MG!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #17953
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Dont want brown..
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #17954
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Have you been talking to AznNightmare? In hockey, there's no such thing as "sure moves." Hell even the Datsyukian Deke was stopped not just too long ago. Everything is saveable... shootouts is just like a mano-e-mano chicken game where majority of the time, the loser is the one who flinches first.

BTW, how long have you been watching the Canucks? I don't know if you know but this so called patented move by Burrows has been stopped before.

Note:
If you REALLY know hockey, you can't actually just have 1 go-to-move or else the book will be out on you quick and you'd be stopped all the time.
Why so serious man? Don't need to call out my hockey knowledge. I've been watching and playing for long enough. I see what you're saying, but I have to respectfully disagree in this case.

Burrows fake to backhand top corner is as close as things come to a sure thing. Burrows has tried his 'repertoire' of other moves enough for me to have significantly less confidence in those other moves, I'd rather him try his deke to backhand everytime even though everyone else may have the book on it. I'm obviously not going to guarantee he will put it in every single time, but odds are if he executes that move appropriately, he will put it in way more often than not.

And that is the key, that the move gets executed properly. The times that move has been stopped was when he put the forehand deke on too early and gave goalies time to move over and stop the backhand, or he fakes the forehand too late and puts himself too tight to lift the backhand over the goalie. The speed he is coming in on net is vital as well, too slow and goalie has more time to move, too fast and he loses the handle on the puck a bit or puts himself too deep to get a good angle on backhand.

Breaking down last night's shot in particular, if you watch it again, you'll see that Burrows faked the forehand shot, but Howard didn't bite on it at all. Goalies have to respect that fake forehand shot even if they know he won't shoot it. Because of the speed Burrows came in at, the ONLY thing Howard could do was kick out his left leg, extend and flop like Luongo does so often and hope that Burrows can't get it up and hits the extended pad or lowered trapper.

I see what Aznightmare is saying about the spinorama as well, and I agree. If executed properly, it is very difficult to stop because the goalie has to respect the shooter's move to forehand even if they know the spinorama is impending. If the spinorama gets backhanded up high like how Bertuzzi often does it, I would be willing to put a few bucks on the table to say that it too cannot be stopped.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #17955

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
who can replace Torres....with those bone crushing hits???

we need someone who can punish the other team come playoffs
Steve Ott is a better Raffi Torres. He's great at faceoffs, on the PK, a leader, throws his body around, defends his teammates and trolls other players more than Lapierre LOL

He's a much better upgrade over Raymond.

He'd also be perfect on the third line with Hodgson or a Ott-Lapierre-Burrows line.

Mother of god...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #17956
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Why would you put Burrows with those two?...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #17957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dont want brown..
Posted via RS Mobile
Mind explaining why? lol

Sedin Sedin Brown
Booth Kes Burr

Or

Sedin Sedin Burr
Booth Kes Brown

How can you not want that and Browns' cap is only 3 something
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #17958
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Why so serious man? Don't need to call out my hockey knowledge. I've been watching and playing for long enough. I see what you're saying, but I have to respectfully disagree in this case.

Burrows fake to backhand top corner is as close as things come to a sure thing. Burrows has tried his 'repertoire' of other moves enough for me to have significantly less confidence in those other moves, I'd rather him try his deke to backhand everytime even though everyone else may have the book on it. I'm obviously not going to guarantee he will put it in every single time, but odds are if he executes that move appropriately, he will put it in way more often than not.

And that is the key, that the move gets executed properly. The times that move has been stopped was when he put the forehand deke on too early and gave goalies time to move over and stop the backhand, or he fakes the forehand too late and puts himself too tight to lift the backhand over the goalie. The speed he is coming in on net is vital as well, too slow and goalie has more time to move, too fast and he loses the handle on the puck a bit or puts himself too deep to get a good angle on backhand.

Breaking down last night's shot in particular, if you watch it again, you'll see that Burrows faked the forehand shot, but Howard didn't bite on it at all. Goalies have to respect that fake forehand shot even if they know he won't shoot it. Because of the speed Burrows came in at, the ONLY thing Howard could do was kick out his left leg, extend and flop like Luongo does so often and hope that Burrows can't get it up and hits the extended pad or lowered trapper.

I see what Aznightmare is saying about the spinorama as well, and I agree. If executed properly, it is very difficult to stop because the goalie has to respect the shooter's move to forehand even if they know the spinorama is impending. If the spinorama gets backhanded up high like how Bertuzzi often does it, I would be willing to put a few bucks on the table to say that it too cannot be stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Penalty shots (that aren't just "pick-a-corner-and-shoot") are stopped usually depending whether a goalie bites on the initial fakes/dekes.
When a goalie's going one way following the puck on his knees, there's no way to suddenly change direction as fast as a player on the edge
of his skates. A goalie can desperately sprawl out, but there's still a big open net. And a lot of players are now roofing them on the backhand,
which makes doing splits less effective.

I've gone into more detail (in other forums) about this spinorama topic.
But no use of me sharing any more input here, I don't think anyone here really cares or plays goalie anyway.

I'll just say until I see it stopped, I'm not really going to leave it at a rest.

I've been around hockey long enough to see anything and everything stopped. In hockey, there is NO SUCH THING as a sure 100% move.

Spin-o-rama is just an effective move. That's it. So is the Datsyukian deke, the Forsberg 1-hander, and the so called Burrows forehand-backhand.

And why so serious? I love the Canucks and all, but I hate it when our fans get cocky and say... this is unstoppable... that is a sure thing... the Boston Bruins are just a formality to the Stanley Cup... Chara is a pylon.... etc.

It makes us ALL look bad.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #17959
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Penalty shots (that aren't just "pick-a-corner-and-shoot") are stopped usually depending whether a goalie bites on the initial fakes/dekes.
When a goalie's going one way following the puck on his knees, there's no way to suddenly change direction as fast as a player on the edge
of his skates. A goalie can desperately sprawl out, but there's still a big open net. And a lot of players are now roofing them on the backhand,
which makes doing splits less effective.

I've gone into more detail (in other forums) about this spinorama topic.
But no use of me sharing any more input here, I don't think anyone here really cares or plays goalie anyway.

I'll just say until I see it stopped, I'm not really going to leave it at a rest.
Forgive the double post but I just decided to put a little bit of effort in my argument.

1. Turco totally bit on that fake too and he still got it which means: (1) it's totally saveable if a goalie doesn't bite. (2) It's still saveable EVEN if the goalie bites via hailmary acrobatics.

2. Video is in 2006. So the saveability of this move isn't just a new found discovery to combat this move.

Soooooooooooooooooo we were saying? Unstoppable eh?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #17960
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Almost sounding like a divided locker room just like when Richards was in Philly, and now they bring in his party boy Carter? This has a good chance of blowing up in Lombardi's face, when a no drinking policy has to be instituted by your teammates for you as grown adults in order for them to show up to practices on time, not be hung over for games and not cause issues in the room..........and now Lombardi wants them to be the leaders? Desperate times.
Brown would look good in a Canucks jersey. Definitely gonna be hard to compete with Toronto though...knowing Burke, he'd be willing to give up Kadri + Schenn + 1st Round Picks for the next 10 years.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #17961
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Price is too expensive to acquire Brown in the deadline.

Here's a nice article about Luongo and his "twitter"

Canucks' Luongo revealed as Twitter jokester?

Spoiler!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #17962
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Sorry, which team in the NHL do you play goalie for?
Oh that's right. You only started playing last year. Totally credible.
Why? was my explanation and logic too hard to understand?

Using the NHL card is like saying nothing in here is credible, unless someone in here actually does play in the NHL??
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #17963
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Forgive the double post but I just decided to put a little bit of effort in my argument.

Turco saves Shannon shoot out attempt - YouTube

1. Turco totally bit on that fake too and he still got it which means: (1) it's totally saveable if a goalie doesn't bite. (2) It's still saveable EVEN if the goalie bites via hailmary acrobatics.

2. Video is in 2006. So the saveability of this move isn't just a new found discovery to combat this move.

I think the key to UFO's argument is that the move gets executed properly. If Shannon roofed it on the backhand, Turco's chances of saving it are even slimmer. He would have to block it with his goalie stick in mid air!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #17964
I don't get it

Ott would be awesome.

Then we would have someone hard to play against on every line:

Burrows
Kesler
Ott
Lapierre
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #17965
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
alyonka on team1040 in 10
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #17966
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:

I'll explain why that move failed. I actually made a post about it before, but it's going to take a while if I really want to dig through this entire thread to find it. It involved a collage of spinorama shootouts. I think RS only saves up to 100 posts though.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to type it from scratch again...
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #17967

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Price is too expensive to acquire Brown in the deadline.
I think it would be a salary dump to make room for Carter. They said it could take 2 decent prospects + 2nd round pick which isn't too bad for osmeone like brown.

although I did just read that lombardi said that he's not available
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #17968
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Almost sounding like a divided locker room just like when Richards was in Philly, and now they bring in his party boy Carter? This has a good chance of blowing up in Lombardi's face, when a no drinking policy has to be instituted by your teammates for you as grown adults in order for them to show up to practices on time, not be hung over for games and not cause issues in the room..........and now Lombardi wants them to be the leaders? Desperate times.
People seem to forget Philly made the finals with Carter and Richards as the heart of the offense. He's a player who scored 35/40 goals a year, if reports are true he was doing that while partying like a rockstar. After leaving that shit hole Columbus I think he's going to be highly motivated. I mean who wouldn't?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #17969
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
And why so serious? I love the Canucks and all, but I hate it when our fans get cocky and say... this is unstoppable... that is a sure thing... the Boston Bruins are just a formality to the Stanley Cup... Chara is a pylon.... etc.

It makes us ALL look bad.
Forgive my exaggeration. I'll start saying that Burrows backhand deke is a probable goal instead of unstoppable if that makes you feel better. It's not like Burrows is the only player doing this move. How many times has Lu been beaten on the same move, both to catcher and blocker side? I'll maintain that this move, which I'll call the Burrow's patented backhand, is 'damn-near' unstoppable as long as its properly executed. Any player is free to use it royalty free to Burrows.

I'm not sure how you lead from a sure thing shoot out move to sure thing Stanley Cup, the fact you draw that conclusion makes you as a fan look bad. Don't worry so much about how my lack of hockey knowledge makes you as a fan look bad, just focus on making yourself look like a good fan.

For the Shannon/Turco spinorama, I'll say that instead of Turco saving a stoppable move, Shannon got lazy and didn't finish by getting the puck up even 6" off the ice, let alone roofing it. He also started his spin a bit early and gave Turco time to barely make the desperation move. I don't consider a shot or move saveable if the goalie has to make a hail-mary move and hope that the shooter shoots into his body or stick. Just like how you think the Burrows backhand is not a sure thing, Turco's playing of the spinorama also does not ensure a save. So this way of playing the spinorama is NOT the textbook way to play it, there is no textbook way to stop it and still respect the shooter's options, Turco just happened to be lucky this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I think the key to UFO's argument is that the move gets executed properly. If Shannon roofed it on the backhand, Turco's chances of saving it are even slimmer. He would have to block it with his goalie stick in mid air!
Exactly. But that is still technically 'saveable', Turco could have stuck his stick in the air and the puck could have hit it, however improbable. IMO the spinorama properly executed is as close to a sure thing as Burrows backhand deke is. But for Noir's sake, I'll have to say highly probable.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #17970
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
People seem to forget Philly made the finals with Carter and Richards as the heart of the offense. He's a player who scored 35/40 goals a year, if reports are true he was doing that while partying like a rockstar. After leaving that shit hole Columbus I think he's going to be highly motivated. I mean who wouldn't?
There were also Briere, Giroux, Gagne, Hartnell, and Pronger. The list went on.

But they were the problem when the coach initiated dry island but they continued to party and drink.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #17971
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:

1) Notice how early Shannon performs the spinorama. He's still near the faceoff circle.
2) Note that he performs the spin before even cutting across half way of the net, meaning the goalie doesn't commit to sliding across as much.

If Shannon executed it properly like every other player, the puck would have been long in the net before Turco's desperate attempt to sprawl out.

Since 2006, a save was made on this butchered attempt.
Not sure have there been one since, if you even want to count this one.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #17972
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts

This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #17973
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Desperate times indeed.

Looks like his last ditch effort to make things happen and save his job.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #17974
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
Desperate times indeed.

Looks like his last ditch effort to make things happen and save his job.
Carter and Richards are both human. They've made mistakes in the past and they are now given a chance to make good on their previous blunders. Besides, you don't mess with Sutter when he's the coach. We all knew the kind of player Lapierre was before he came here and he's much better sorted now. If you were Carter, you would know this is his last chance at being a high-level player that is wanted by any team.

To me, this was a pretty good trade for the Kings, all things considered. They still have a goaltender that they can use in a trade and they can reunite two players who have good chemistry together.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #17975
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

I agree with UFO and Azn.

The goalie has to respect the shot. If goalie cheats to plays the deke or spin then shooter has great chance shooting. If not than the fake has high chance of success. Best if the shooter is coming in with speed and has a decent reach. Just because a goalie knows the move doesn't mean he can stop it. I'll take 50% any day. And if he didn't try his other less successful methods, % would prob be higher.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Closed Thread