REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #24976
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Ton's of Empty seat's soon as LA were up.....you guy's see those bare spot's?
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #24977
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
1000th page; here's to hoping the Canucks can turn the page on these last 2 games...1 game at a time; I know it's hard but let's keep the hope alive.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #24978
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Thinking about Pen's result right now in the series makes me feel better
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #24979
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,256 Times in 1,620 Posts
what a horrible way to reach page 1000 of this year's thread
Spoiler!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #24980
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
Also, can't blame our players. We seriously got outcoached today. Darryl Sutter is a very good coach.
All their usual dependable defensemen (specifically Edler and Hamhuis) have been shaky at best. I expect some goofiness from Bieksa, but not these guys. That's what is burning them most.

Scoring 2 goals needs to be enough, because that's all they're going to get on Quick.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #24981
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
The Canucks need a miracle now. -wonder what the coaching staff are going to do to adjust strategy and get this team to win.
Stay with the plan, and the process...

As was mentioned a number of pages ago, I think LA was better schooled and prepared coming in. Even last year's run adjusting our play to take advantage of the opponents' weakness wasn't really done. AV and co. are losing this game right now, and the Canucks are down 2-0 as a result.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #24982
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #24983
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Hate to say it but I miss Hodgson
That kid could sure enter the zone with the 2nd pp unit
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #24984

lol coho =(

please do NOT make it 0-3 on sunday, my heart can't take it

no reply...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #24985

Shit game, I'm going to take it out on the gym
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #24986
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
My bro was getting a suit fitted at Harry Rosens today. His sales guy told him Sammy Pahlsson came in yesterday for a suit fitting and talked for awhile. Apparently Sammy said he's never played on a team where the guys were so quiet and nervous for a game 1.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #24987
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
I'm praying for the biggest playoff series comeback in Canucks history.

Go Canucks go! I still believe!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #24988
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Nice to see Kesler show a bit of beast mode. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cory in next game to change it up. Don't know if getting Daniel back would even change that much. At a loss right now.

I'll hand it to the Kings they have come in and played solid hockey. Quick's rebound control and positioning has been stellar.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #24989
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

invisible 4th line.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #24990
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Time to address the Luongo thing:

If management wasn't just pulling our leg about Luongo being on a SHORT leash, they have to start Scneider.

1) With respect to adressing the team issue, usually the team reacts well to "the wakeup call" or the shakeup per se.

2) Although Luongo is the reason why we're not getting blown out of the water, he's also not the reason why we're winning either.

I hate to say it but playoffs is just an unforgiving beast; even though you play the game well, 85% of the time, unfortunately, all it takes is one weak goal to undo the team.

I don't care if it was a 5 on 3, but that tying sharp angle shot 5-holer by Mike Richards on Game 1 should've been routine as he was square to the shooter.

Game 2, even though it was a breakaway, Luongo shouldn't get dangled that bad with respect to Dustin Brown's 2nd goal. Reminds me of Marchand's back breaking goal back in the SCF with the same dangle.

At the end of it, although he's a good goaltender, he's still needs to do better as the margin of errors at a play off environment could be a difference of 1 goal; definitely better than Quick who's really standing his ground as the King's last line of defense. We can blame the team all we want and deservedly so, but Luongo needs to share it with his team as he too also needs to kick it up a notch and tighten up to near perfection (which will probably what we'll need from him from this point forward)

We have a wildcard in Schneider who possibly can momentarily outplay Luongo at a given night; we've seen it happen. I really wouldn't be opposed if they played this hand for the next game. If they do, it's going to be one hell of a brave move.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #24991

^ Really sucks to be a goalie

no reply...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #24992

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
^ Really sucks to be a goalie

It really does.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #24993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Time to address the Luongo thing:

If management wasn't just pulling our leg about Luongo being on a SHORT leash, they have to start Scneider.

1) With respect to adressing the team issue, usually the team reacts well to "the wakeup call" or the shakeup per se.

2) Although Luongo is the reason why we're not getting blown out of the water, he's also not the reason why we're winning either.

I hate to say it but playoffs is just an unforgiving beast; even though you play the game well, 85% of the time, unfortunately, all it takes is one weak goal to undo the team.

I don't care if it was a 5 on 3, but that tying sharp angle shot 5-holer by Mike Richards on Game 1 should've been routine as he was square to the shooter.

Game 2, even though it was a breakaway, Luongo shouldn't get dangled that bad with respect to Dustin Brown's 2nd goal. Reminds me of Marchand's back breaking goal back in the SCF with the same dangle.

At the end of it, although he's a good goaltender, he's still needs to do better as the margin of errors at a play off environment could be a difference of 1 goal; definitely better than Quick who's really standing his ground as the King's last line of defense. We can blame the team all we want and deservedly so, but Luongo needs to share it with his team as he too also needs to kick it up a notch and tighten up to near perfection (which will probably what we'll need from him from this point forward)

We have a wildcard in Schneider who possibly can momentarily outplay Luongo at a given night; we've seen it happen. I really wouldn't be opposed if they played this hand for the next game. If they do, it's going to be one hell of a brave move.
TRuth. Luongo hasn't been "bad" in the first 2 games. But he hasn't been "spectacular" either.

Again, goaltending wasn't the issue of course. But Schneider will be at least as good, so you have to give him a shot.

Plus there is the thing where the team seems to play with a bit more confidence in front of Cory
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #24994
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
i'm just so depressed =/

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #24995
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Goaltending is not the problem IMO. We NEED to be better on the powerplay... The officiating hasn't been in our favor but we've had plenty of chances on the PP.. Don't give up a short handed goal at the very least...

And great we had 2 goals today... but from Hansen and Pahlsson? Top 2 lines need to step up... And yes I agree that Edler/Hamhuis need to be much more reliable...

If we have been capitalizing on the powerplays this series could easily be 1-1 or 2-0 in our favor (even though we've been playing like shit)...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #24996
My homepage has been set to RS

Yeah, It might be the confidence issue as many have stated.

They know Luongo is good but do they have the confidence in him on breakaways or odd man rushes, to allow the D-men to pitch in deep on the offensive? Doesn't look like it.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #24997

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobulaus View Post
Goaltending is not the problem IMO. We NEED to be better on the powerplay... The officiating hasn't been in our favor but we've had plenty of chances on the PP.. Don't give up a short handed goal at the very least...

And great we had 2 goals today... but from Hansen and Pahlsson? Top 2 lines need to step up... And yes I agree that Edler/Hamhuis need to be much more reliable...

If we have been capitalizing on the powerplays this series could easily be 1-1 or 2-0 in our favor (even though we've been playing like shit)...

Well, we're not saying that the problems is just limited to goaltending. All it is, is just one of the discussions of things within the team that needs to be addressed.

I think the reason why the PP issue is not as vocal as it is, is because it's not really controversial as the fanbase is in unison. United as, we all were already pissed that latter half of the reg. season, our PP is failing to generate, moreso now that it's not just failing to give us goals, but it's also giving us goals against.

I don't imagine 1 fan disagreeing with the state of our powerplay. The goaltending issue however, is a bit tricky as it's not just really "cut-and-dry." ... so really there's more to discuss
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #24998
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
As shit as these past 2 games have been, I have full faith in this team to come back and win this fucking series. They will figure this fucking thing out.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #24999
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Schneider in GM3 would be a good move. Agreed that Luongo hasn't upped his game a notch. On the other end - as good as Quick can be, he is beatable. Get him moving because he's going to stop all the outside shots. This is where we miss Daniel when he is able to sneak behind the D and slot in.

Outside of the awful special teams, I think goal differential wise we're ok 5-on-5.

This reminds of when the Canucks couldn't kill a penalty in a recent playoff series. Somehow being awful on the PP is worse right now.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #25000
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Top line players must step up in game 3. Where is the beast mode in the captain???

Henrik has to show up and shoot more pucks to the net. -stay inside the high traffic areas. He needs to make life miserable for Quick instead of being the playmaker. If Daniel isn't there to play the cycle with him, he has to find ways to generate more offense himself and with his linemates.
Closed Thread