REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #25051
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Pens are doing far worst than Vancouver.
Advertisement
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #25052
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
Boston swept Philly last year...

I think you mean 2010 playoffs when Boston led Philly 3-0 and Philly came back to win the series
oops
Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #25053
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Lu has played well all year except for October and two weeks in March. He's been the only Canuck to show up in the two games so far.

...but Schneider has better stats. Schneider steals games. I see no reason why Schneider can't play even better than Lu in net. I don't blame Lu for the losses...they were far from his fault but I can't help but feel optimistic that Schneider will win a game for us all on his own. He's just that sort of dude and that's weird to feel about a guy with so little experience but his season didn't happen by accident. Guy will be a star.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #25054
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
Pens are doing far worst than Vancouver.
No, the Pens were in their games far more than the Canucks were in theirs. If you watched those games, the Pens were a bounce away from winning both times.

Tonight, the puck was about 6-7 inches away from being 6-5 Penguins but the Flyers turned the play and scored to make it 6-5 in their favor and then the Pens were caught being overly offensive trying to tie it up which led to defensive breakdowns.

The Canucks just straight up beat themselves with poor play. That isn't to say the Pen's D had a great game but their offense came to play and that game could've gone in either direction. The Canucks had a ton of shots but how many good scoring chances?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #25055
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Lu was great. Not to blame.

Schneider going in game 3 will be to change things up, nothing more. He will also do well.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #25056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No, the Pens were in their games far more than the Canucks were in theirs. If you watched those games, the Pens were a bounce away from winning both times.

Tonight, the puck was about 6-7 inches away from being 6-5 Penguins but the Flyers turned the play and scored to make it 6-5 in their favor and then the Pens were caught being overly offensive trying to tie it up which led to defensive breakdowns.

The Canucks just straight up beat themselves with poor play. That isn't to say the Pen's D had a great game but their offense came to play and that game could've gone in either direction. The Canucks had a ton of shots but how many good scoring chances?
Seriously? I'd say the Pens are doing worse. Why? Because both games they had big leads and let Philly come back and win. We lost game 1 due to a bad bounce from Edler which resulted in the game winning goal.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #25057
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
ORLY?
I would think, Yes really. Unless AV's a complete moron.

And this comparing with Canucks and Pens...
Different issues, same results.
The way I see it, both teams are down 2-0 in their series.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #25058
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I think because our power-play is so shit right now the Kings are taking more chances hence giving up 2 short-handed goals tonight ... our PP really needs to start clicking to turn the tides in our favour!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #25059

What really irks me is the lack of push back from the Canucks, and AV not being dynamic enough to change systems on the fly. I'm all for sticking to your systems and what has garnered success, but when the other team is reading everything so well, you need to be able to adapt and make changes. That's where coaching comes in, and AV is getting badly out coached.

Couple things that stand out for me, coaching wise.

1. Powerplay breakout is NOT working, at all
2. AV not strategically using time outs (See Laviolette taking a timeout when the team was down 2-0, come back and win it.. twice)
3. Zone entry + setting up the powerplay is terrible
4. Line combinations did not work

All these things (and more obviously) aren't going for us right now, and I haven't seen AV do anything about it.

Every fucking time we try to enter the zone, we try and do a hard rim around for the winger to get on the forecheck. Problem is, Quick either stops it or the d-man knows it's coming and simply intercepts the rim. Not to mention F1 isn't there to forecheck at all. Our forecheck is pretty much non-existant.

The team needs to wake the fuck up or suffer an embarrassing first round exit to a fringe playoff team. I'm a die hard Canucks fan but this is an absolute joke.

If you have been following the other series', you'd notice that the Canucks probably look like the worst team right now (Ottawa aside maybe, but even then). Seems like we have no heart and our big guns aren't stepping up (aside from Lu, who's been playing well).

/rant

Last edited by kristianhay; 04-14-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #25060
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
lol @ u all panicing

its sooooooo obvious canucks are losing on purpose so they can go to game 7 to sell more tickets

DUHHHHHHHHHHH
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #25061
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
lol @ u all panicing

its sooooooo obvious canucks are losing on purpose so they can go to game 7 to sell more tickets

DUHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #25062
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
lol @ u all panicing

DUHHHHHHHHHHH
No, they did that strategy last year against the Blackhawks.

This year, they are just sucking.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #25063
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs,

Montreal led Boston 2-0 - Boston wins.

Vancouver leads Boston 2-0 - Boston wins.

Being down 2-0 is not the end of the world.
Should get LA to hire Cloutier back...

Vancouver led Detroit 2-0 and lost the next 4, so he has a lot of experience
Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #25064
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
I'm in Coachella can't see the games right now but I see shots at 48-26 for the Canucks last night and it leads me to believe Luongo isn't being the difference maker he needs to be
Old 04-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #25065
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Those shots are misleading. Canucks were totally outplayed for the most part (like not owned, but outplayed) and outchanced overall. Luongo wasn't the reason for losing, but he wasn't the 'difference maker' they needed to win with 2 goals either.

Out of the 4 goals, only 1 was really bad. MAYBE 2 if you include him bellyflopping on the breakaway, but that was a good breakaway shot.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #25066
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Anyone else think if AV benches Loungo he'll pull a Patrick Roy and be like fcuk this?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #25067
Banned (ABWS)?

I remember reading an article how Luongo often bellyflops, giving him no chance for rebound shots that go above 11 inches.
While Schneider often falls on his ass, enabling him to still make desperation saves.

Not saying Schneider would have saved that wraparound goal anyway, but if Schneider was on his ass,
Bieksa wouldn't have needed to jump over (on top of the goalie), and maybe Schneider wouldn't have loss sight of the puck like Luongo
since you can see a lot better sitting up than lying down.

Just saying...

Last edited by AzNightmare; 04-14-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #25068
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Something good came out of last nights game... I woke up so early today that i cleaned my car
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #25069
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
Kristin Reid ‏ @reidder
I've been told not only will Daniel Sedin not travel to LA for Games 3 and 4- he will not be available at all in this series
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #25070
I bringith the lowerballerith

Let's face it the Canucks are not playing Playoff hockey.

There's absolutely no intensity and urgency to win (this reminds me of SCF 2011 vs Bruins)

You can only blame the players so much and it comes to a point where I really believe that coaching needs to be addressed in the off-season.

It's pretty obvious that AV's time with the Canucks is over he's too much of a nonchalant type of coach where the players don't even respond to him anymore. Guy doesn't even call a timeout to address or spark his team, consistently plays the wrong players on the wrong lines and defense pairings. Favors and plays the worst players on the team.

Not sure what the Game 1 antics were but there was no need for the Canucks to come out playing the physical game, going head hunting and having all those antics and embellishments. We are a better team than this that plays a skilled and puck possession game. The team has lost it's focus and it's Coach AV and his assistants that are too blame.

They have the worst breakout and powerplay setup ever. It's these things that have dugged ourselves into a 2-0 hole and I'm not sure if AV is smart enough to adjust.

Hindsight is definitely 20/20 and if we somehow win this year, then great but if we don't the direction of the coaching definitely needs to be changed.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #25071

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Anyone else think if AV benches Loungo he'll pull a Patrick Roy and be like fcuk this?
Loungo is better that that and no one knows what will happen to the series or off season if he sits.

Nucks need a change and perhaps starting schneides will give a boost to the team.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Luongo supporter, he's played well so far but you never know with playing a different goalie the entire team dynamic is different too.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #25072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
Kristin Reid ‏ @reidder
I've been told not only will Daniel Sedin not travel to LA for Games 3 and 4- he will not be available at all in this series
Sad face if Daniel doesn't play at all.

Duncan Keith's Elbow > 2012 Canucks Season
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #25073
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Those shots are misleading. Canucks were totally outplayed for the most part (like not owned, but outplayed) and outchanced overall. Luongo wasn't the reason for losing, but he wasn't the 'difference maker' they needed to win with 2 goals either.

Out of the 4 goals, only 1 was really bad. MAYBE 2 if you include him bellyflopping on the breakaway, but that was a good breakaway shot.
he was doing the breast stroke as usual.

also, does anyone else feel that hating the canucks is the new bandwagon?
i swear most people dont even have a clue why they hate them, they just heard that other canadians dont like them and its the new cool thing to do.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #25074
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
he was doing the breast stroke as usual.

also, does anyone else feel that hating the canucks is the new bandwagon?
i swear most people dont even have a clue why they hate them, they just heard that other canadians dont like them and its the new cool thing to do.
It's called being a troll....
Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #25075
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
Kristin Reid ‏ @reidder
Im almost positive that daniel has a broken/fractured jaw, and not a concussion.

Managment never specifically said what his injury was, just "upperbody." Daniel was also told not to speak with the media, which would have been a dead give away.

Anyways, I still have faith in the canucks to take this series over, but AV really needs to switch things up.
Closed Thread