REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #29276
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
that was a pretty sick goal by brown there to stop the blues momentum

Dustin Brown goal. St. Louis Blues vs LA Kings Game 4 5/6/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube
captain potato strikes again! can't believe the blues put up less of a fight than us
Advertisement
Spoiler!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #29277
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
After watching the this whole series with the Kings and of course the Canucks I have to give mad respect to them as a hockey team. The deserve it and are the best team in the playoffs currently. Hopefully this layoff doesn't hurt them.
The flyers mentality, they brought it to LA

KINGS VS FLYERS FINALS
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #29278
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
The flyers mentality, they brought it to LA

KINGS VS FLYERS FINALS
Kings Rangers, you wait and see
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #29279
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Dirtiest hit I've seen in a while.
nasty hit, but I can't say its THAT dirty. Guy that threw the hit got his elbow up in a split second for who knows what reason, maybe it was intent to injure maybe it was just a reflex to somebody who's about to run into you full steam. Not justifying the elbow at all, but sometimes these things can happen with the speed of the game.

Had the guys elbow been down, puck carrier still would have been destroyed on an otherwise clean hit arm to head. He was fed a suicide pass into the middle of the ice and had his head down and his head was leading. Guy that threw the hit was taller, any hit at all would have been to the head whether it was on purpose or not--there was no way to throw a hit and not hit guys head.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #29280

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Kings Rangers, you wait and see
Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #29281
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
I must be the only one hoping Brodeur to win it one last time...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #29282
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Nope, you're not the only one
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #29283
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Big jersey fan here
Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #29284
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

im half glad that the canucks are already out..i have so much time to do other things...
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #29285

Although the ratings in the States have been pretty damn good this second round, I wonder what they are for here in Canada?

Once the Canucks are out, I usually watch the western teams more so than the east, but this years matchups have produced some not very entertaining games. The two series in the east have been pretty damn good though, whereas the west has been kind of boring. Maybe it's because the series are closer in the east, but in the west, its boring. It's funny though, because yesterday Don Cherry was saying how much he is enjoying the Kings-Blues series. "How hockey is suppose to be played" - voiceover on a shift by the Kings where they are just punishing the blues on the boards and it is all board work.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #29286
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I really enjoyed the Kinda series but I like hard played on the boards hockey like that. Because it's the grinding that takes you places and it's not all about the fancy and nice plays in the playoffs.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #29287
UFO

^for sure. I've become a recent believer this year that your 3rd and 4th lines are what wins you a cup. Your top 2 lines get you into the playoffs, but playoff success is determined by how much your bottom 6 can turn it up.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #29288
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I really enjoyed the Kinda series but I like hard played on the boards hockey like that. Because it's the grinding that takes you places and it's not all about the fancy and nice plays in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
^for sure. I've become a recent believer this year that your 3rd and 4th lines are what wins you a cup. Your top 2 lines get you into the playoffs, but playoff success is determined by how much your bottom 6 can turn it up.
This is the kind of thing that shows grit and determination. Something that I must say has been missing on the Canucks for a few seasons. Hell even the guns on Detroit can dig that puck out of the corner and start something.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #29289
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
^ It's true. In the playoffs, your top lines are so focused on that the opposing team tries to shut them down. You then need your scoring to come from your bottom lines.

That's why I think Washington can come out of the East. Their scoring is pretty spread out. Isn't Knuble, Ward, and Aucoin their fourth line?

Plus they can send out Ovie near the end of the game to win it.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #29290
UFO

^that, and Ovi playing 13 mins a game, he's 100% fresh and ready to go at the end of the game if needed. 13 mins is only like 6 of his regular shifts

Watching this year's playoffs makes me appreciate last year's team and season/run that much more. We made it to within a game of winning it all really with 2 lines, that were not even firing simultaneously. Sure the grinders chipped in a bit here and there, but for all intents and purposes they were not difference makers in the least.

That's why I'm more than willing to give MG a pass this year for trying to change up the formula of the team from 3 offensive lines to 2 at the trade deadline. When was the last time we saw a team score their way to a Stanley Cup?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #29291
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
That's why I'm more than willing to give MG a pass this year for trying to change up the formula of the team from 3 offensive lines to 2 at the trade deadline. When was the last time we saw a team score their way to a Stanley Cup?
Uh, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh tried doing it...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #29292
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Giroux gone for one on his hit against Zubrius
Old 05-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #29293
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
The Flyers don't have a chance with him gone... I'm happy about that he deserved the supension.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #29294

Quote:
^that, and Ovi playing 13 mins a game, he's 100% fresh and ready to go at the end of the game if needed. 13 mins is only like 6 of his regular shifts

Watching this year's playoffs makes me appreciate last year's team and season/run that much more. We made it to within a game of winning it all really with 2 lines, that were not even firing simultaneously. Sure the grinders chipped in a bit here and there, but for all intents and purposes they were not difference makers in the least.

It really shows that you need 4 lines rolling and for AV, he never really had 4 lines, it was always 3 lines for all these years.

But you gotta give props to Mcphee where he was inches away from getting fired. But look at the players he added last off season and how he's getting the returns now. Brouwer, Ward, Hamrlik. At first, I'm :suspicious , then now..
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #29295
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Patrick Kane celebrated Cinco de Mayo exactly as you’d expect Patrick Kane to celebrate Cinco de Mayo | ProHockeyTalk

Quote:
Courtesy Terez Owens — “the world’s most popular sports gossip site” — comes pictures of Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane partaking in some Cinco de Mayo celebrations at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

(Because if anything says Cinco de Mayo, it’s the University of Wisconsin.)

From the Terez Owens “tipster” comes this:

“I go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and we had our biggest party of the spring this weekend called ‘Mifflin.’ Patrick Kane was here and was the drunkest person in Madison all day Saturday.

“Here is a pic of him passed out at our best bar, the Kollege Klub.”

In a related story, Kane declined to suit up for Team USA at the World Hockey Championships because he didn’t want to risk a relapse setback in his offseason training.

“I’m healthy right now,” Kane told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I’m excited about that. I don’t really want to risk that, especially into next season. I saw the difference it could make, being healthy or not being healthy [in the summer].”

Healthy enough…TO TOTALLY WASTE YOU AT BEER PONG, BRO.

Update: Google translate says the shirt reads “five by two is equal to ten” (confirmed by the math equation below.) It could also be read as “two fives equals a 10″ — which I’ll let you mull over in the comments section.
hahaha awesome, Kaner knows how to have fun, hopefully no cab drivers were harmed this time!

Last edited by 7seven; 05-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #29296

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
A Sportsnet article about the decision makers for the Canucks. Who really calls the shots?

Spector on Canucks: Who calls the shots? - sportsnet.ca
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #29297

Spoiler!

HOLY SHIT...the one on the right is like a mix of Conan and Jay Leno..
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #29298
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Burrows posted on his blog today.

Quote:
Good news is I feel better today than I did yesterday, bad news is I still couldn’t play today in our game against France. The boys played well and won 7-2, so it looks like they didn’t miss me too much!
More here
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #29299
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Wow... did anyone see this. Fucking brutal.

IHWC 2012: Sacha Treille's headshot on Roman Starchenko - YouTube
Wait I thought Steve Moore doesn't play hockey anymore?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #29300

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
The blonde next to Kane in the second picture is pretty.

PK is partying it up with college girls.