REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

RIP Ryan

guess this is the drink-and-drive stunt he couldn't pull off
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #52
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
First off, street racing?!?
Drunk, yeah. Speeding, yeah. But no media outlets have said anything about street racing.
I was using ICBC's definition of street racing, which only requires a single vehicle involved.

Quote:
Second, why do some people take "joy" in this guy's death. He wasn't Bin Laden, he was some goof who made a respectable amount of money for making us laugh. You have to be either sick, or angry to take joy in his demise.
Because the people who find his slapstick and moronic comedy funny are pretty much the type of people who have an inability to think about the consequences of their decisions. Look at the friends that he hangs out with: The guy admitted to destroying the interior of a rental car for no reason at all. Just because you have money doesn't give you the right to behave like an animal. To me, his death serves as a more valuable lesson to society than his life ever did.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
I was using ICBC's definition of street racing, which only requires a single vehicle involved.

Because the people who find his slapstick and moronic comedy funny are pretty much the type of people who have an inability to think about the consequences of their decisions. Look at the friends that he hangs out with: The guy admitted to destroying the interior of a rental car for no reason at all. Just because you have money doesn't give you the right to behave like an animal. To me, his death serves as a more valuable lesson to society than his life ever did.
And you do realize ICBC is retarded, right?

Well, I find their ish pretty funny. I must be a pretty worthless fellow eh?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

No words for this f***ing moron killing his passenger.
Illusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #55
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

wow Personally I'm not a fan of Ryan Dunn or any of the Jackass shows/films and I thought he was an major idiot for driving drunk, driving that fast while drunk and killing his passenger but going to the lengths to deface a memorial is really low.

Quote:
The site where "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn fatally crashed his Porsche has been vandalized with the words "Ritch (sic) Pr*ck" -- and TMZ has obtained photos of the spray-painted desecration.

It's unclear who's responsible -- and according to West Goshen Police Capt. Joseph Gleason, it's difficult to track down any suspects because the roadside memorial is visited by so many people every day ... "At any given time you have 10, 20, 30 people there."

Gleason adds, police are aware of the vandalism and have been trying to remove it.

The hate-mongering Westboro Baptist Church has protested at the site -- but denies responsibility for the vandalism.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #56
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
And they can't even fucking spell "rich". Like what the fucking fuck
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
maybe it's Bitch and we can't see the bottom part of the B lol
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #58
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Since when does ICBC's definition of "street racing" have anything to do with West Chester PA? They're still working with a 0.08 BAC limit, and don't have the same "racing" laws as we do in this poorly managed province. Aside from that, I like how you mock ICBC for their idiotic decision to create this law, yet quote them when it's convenient to your argument. At least now we can toss the "street racing" argument away.

Quote:
Because the people who find his slapstick and moronic comedy funny are pretty much the type of people who have an inability to think about the consequences of their decisions. Look at the friends that he hangs out with: The guy admitted to destroying the interior of a rental car for no reason at all. Just because you have money doesn't give you the right to behave like an animal.
True, they are idiots. But to me they're no different than any other entertainers who hide their idiocy from us. How is Taylor Swift getting pumped and dumped by John Mayer then writing an album about it, any less pointless than sticking a car in your ass for laughs?

I'll admit it, I get a kick out of Jackass. Does that make me less of a person for it? Step into my shoes one day and then you may be able to answer that. So you get off on Interpretive dance, and I get off on playing hockey. Who is the better person? And who makes such decisions?

Quote:
To me, his death serves as a more valuable lesson to society than his life ever did.
This I will agree with.
If anything good can come of this, it's that someone out there will make the choice to not drink and drive based on this mess.

Or maybe you're just pissed because this jackass had a much nicer Porsche than yours?

Also, can you see adambomb hanging off your nuts? Or does he hide himself well?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote