REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #26
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
well, since I haven't met anyone who I thought to be really amazing, or worth my time, single life has always treated me well. Actually, I'm happier being single because of all the freedom. And no, I don't go sleeping around to fill some "void" either. There's plenty of other things in the world to keep you occupied and happy than having a girlfriend.

and yes, you can go to university, date, have a job, and still do fine. I would rather just cut out the stress from dating and spend my energy on something else more rewarding.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I like the fact I can have sex with my girl anytime I want, I dont hafto go to a bar and work for it every weekend,

so +1 for relationship.

friends with benefits is #1 option, all the fun, none of the gay
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

It is not normal, you see people walking around holding hands laughing happily? Course you do. Nobody wants to be alone, it's a fact. At certain times, sure - long periods of time, no. Plus, you know damn well yourself that it is not normal, afterall it's why this thread was made right? For approval to make your pride feel better by getting a couple of "yes it is absolutely fine" just so you can get a better sleep.

I'm not saying go get married and never be alone ever again, I'm just saying it's not normal to not date. You're lacking in something if you aren't. Whether it's confidence, game, insecure but it is something. You can use the bullshit excuse that you haven't found a girl who's sane or all the ones I meet are screwed up in the head. "Vancouver girls are all brutal, blah blah blah." That would simply be your horrible judgement, but you can get a SLIGHT idea of someone after a couple dates. True colors show after 60 days.

Friends with benefits is fun, but it also gets boring in the long run. Chances are if you're the one getting bored, then the opposite sex is probably liking you even more. At the end of it all if it doesn't work out, well.. Good luck trying to "get rid of them," I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #29

Plus you get freedom if your in a relationship, that's bullshit whoever says you don't. Theyre on a leash. It's not like the chick has a .9mm to your head saying "Monday, Thursday, Sunday you are mine"! If you're free go on the date, if your not free well there's 7 days in a week, 365 days in a year. If you don't want to see her this week, well then there's next week. if you don't want to see her period, well she's probably ugly or drop dead boring, stop wasting each others time.

If you're a nice guy, you'll say "yes you can have me whenever, just Monday Thursday Sunday? Have it all, I'll even pay for all the dinners!"

You can laugh but 90% of guys are on a leash or already picking out the color of their collar.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
v. Rossi: You ever been in a tight-knit long relationship?
How many relationships you been in?

Lots of people DON'T like to date. They DON'T want the stress. Some people would rather find companionship in lets say a dog, instead of a women. I have friends/family who don't care to date, they have tons of friends and don't find the need for a SO. What about people who don't want kids, don't want to have sex, don't want to bother with someone elses problems?

When in a relationship your thinking for yourself and someone else. You might not be able to go out and buy that new thing, because you have to pay a more expensive rent, or pay more for groceries. Stuff gets more expensive if living with 2 people, even if it's 50/50. I know if I moved in with my gf, we'd have to find a bigger place then if it was just me, because we need more room. And planning to see her, spend time with her. It's not the same as being single.

If your single, not dating, have no desire to date. It's NORMAL. One day you might get that desire to share your life with someone, or you might not.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #31
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Lots of people DON'T like to date. They DON'T want the stress. Some people would rather find companionship in lets say a dog, instead of a women. I have friends/family who don't care to date, they have tons of friends and don't find the need for a SO. What about people who don't want kids, don't want to have sex, don't want to bother with someone elses problems?
They don't need an SO or they can't find an SO? Because you know, I know those kind of people too and I agree with their lifestyle choice.

Sometimes if all you can manage is the scrapings at the bottom of the barrel, I would probably choose to be alone as well.

Other than that, there are tons of great people in the world all in varying degrees of wonder. I absolutely don't believe that there's not even 1 person in the populace that's worth one's time. (if one is equipped to obtain such person)

If you believe that, either you're jaded or you're lying to yourself. There's no ifs ands or buts around that.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

It's amazing how bang on RS replies are but in this case I truly believe the OP is a split b/w being a lifestyle choice and no choice. Why?

1. He's on RS... lol jk
2. If you were an attractive motherfckr, the choice is not yours. You will always stumble upon an awesome individual that will trigger your interest.
3. How are you getting pssy? you're not, I can tell bc you're starting to worry about not being in a relationship.
4. If it IS a lifestyle choice, you wouldn't be worried at all. Just change your lifestyle choice and move on.
600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
v. Rossi: You ever been in a tight-knit long relationship?
How many relationships you been in?

When in a relationship your thinking for yourself and someone else. You might not be able to go out and buy that new thing, because you have to pay a more expensive rent, or pay more for groceries. Stuff gets more expensive if living with 2 people, even if it's 50/50. I know if I moved in with my gf, we'd have to find a bigger place then if it was just me, because we need more room. And planning to see her, spend time with her. It's not the same as being single.

If your single, not dating, have no desire to date. It's NORMAL. One day you might get that desire to share your life with someone, or you might not.
If I tell you I've been in 3 relationships, you'll think I haven't dated enough. If I tell you I've been in 22 relationships, you'll think I don't know what's commitment. You're going to judge my answer regardless, so what's it to you?

Some people don't like to date alright fine. But going through stress? That doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, now I'm not talking about living in some utopia place where everything is happy go lucky. Where we'll always be happy and never sad, reality is we wake up with good days and bad days. Less sleep, more grumpy, etc. etc. But if your in a relationship stressing your balls out. Why are you two together? There's 6 billion people on this planet, 3 billion males 3 billion females. If you're pulling your hair over one female, drop her. It's that simple. Now you can go in some nostalgic state of mind, reminisce about the good times you two had together, tough it out and live with the stress, but that's your fault. You can't say I hate driving after getting a DUI. You can't say you hate relationships after a stressful break-up. We're talking about relationships here not poor self-judgement.

You have friends and family who don't care to date, for sure there will always be single people out there. Some work the 9-5 and have no time, some double shift and still have no time. School homework exams. Priorities all that is up to you. It's like asking why do people spend $300 on jeans? A thread that pops up every other month. To each their own.

So what about people who don't want kids or want to have sex(HA!)? The fucks that have to do with a relationship, it's not written in stone the following procedures are dot dot dot. You find the right or even a remotely interesting person, find things you have two in common and spend quality-time together. Does that sound like a relationship? Yes. Whatever happens during that quality-time and how the relationship escalates is none of my business.

Don't want to bother with someone else's problems? Again, I'm talking about being a significant other for someone for the good times and the bad times. Like I said, we have good days and we have bad days. In no way in a relationship does it mean that you're applying for the position to be a full-time psychiatrist for them. If you do, at least charge $150/hour to hear them babble away like the professionals. See how long that relationship will last after running a tab, my guess not long

When in a relationship, you're thinking about yourself and them? I've got a full time job, bills to worry about, etc. I can't always have her running in my mind. You're thinking about yourself, for yourself but always always being considerate to them. If it's 50/50 why would it ever change with two incomes? Does shit just go up in price like toilet paper because you two moved in? From $0.99 to $1.99 just like that? If you can't afford the place you're living, maybe it's time to look for a place you two can afford. If you moved in with her, why the hell would you need to plan just to see her, she's living with you! You're going to see her at the end of the night, hello!

Course it's not the same as being single, you're dating - when you're single you have potential options when you're dating you're loyal to one(I hope). But why don't you view the pros and not just the cons? You can save me the time as I'm sure you can make that list yourself.

It isn't normal, but really what is normal? I can go to some third world country with 4 cows and walk out with some mans daughter. Look, no one wants to be alone. You can get a dog, sure. They live up to what? 12 to 14 years? If you don't meet someone within that decade of time, and the slightest thought of hmm.... I wouldn't mind dating her/him or I really like her/him then something must be wrong. Whether you choose to pursue, depends how ambitious you are I suppose. You can't just wake up thinking I'm going to find me a girlfriend today, it comes natural. It comes easier when you have a high testosterone and are an excellent conversationalist though.

It's not normal to not date, it's normal to not want to date at the time. To avoid the whole relationship idea all together is really just an insecurity issue.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I remember watching a late night sex show long time ago, it was one of those wierd cultural ones.

and the topic was, people who have no desire to have sex. they were trying to explain how its a defect in the brain or something and people like that actually do exist.

but the entire time I was watching that show, and seeing the testimonials of the people who had this "defect",

they were all butt fuckin nasty, guys and girls alike, on a scale of 0-10, they were -1.

I was teenager when I watched it and il never forget it, I thought to myself, the reason they dont wanna do it is because no one would wanna do it with them.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #35
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i have heard a saying that if you don't love yourself, you can't love another person. Loving yourself doesn't mean being selfish; it means being content with being by yourself.

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

It's okay to be single if you still have girls "throw themselves at you" but not date them. If you don't have any of that sort of thing during your single life, be worried.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #37
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
the world has 7 billion people. It would be ignorant to think the right one for you is in the same city (one that captures your attention enough for you to pursue her and want to keep her around forever). Of course you could settle for one you find in the same city, they may not be the one that captures your full attention (you wouldn't know anyhow). You have to expand your horizons through whatever means. If i stayed in vancouver my whole life, and never left, I'd probably kill myself from the selection of women I'd be forced to eventually choose from. Or just marry my dog and my right hand if i wanted companionship and pleasure. lol.

freedom is a great benefit of being single, but then you lack support. i'd say if anyone had the choice they'd rather be with a woman. of course this woman has to the one. where freedom and support are balanced almost perfectly.

there's more than one kind of freedom. one is the good kind, and one is the lack of responsibilities. being in the latter situation too long is not good. you get used to it, and it's hard to be with anyone or do anything serious or be committed to anything of progress. if freedom was the only thing that mattered, we'd still be cavemen, actually not even, we wouldn't of even made it that far. freedom is good for a period of your life, just so you can experience it and know what it's like. but to have it life long and have real accomplishments is impossible, well unless you have a lot of money. freedom is something you get after you make progress. and progress is always not fun, hard, and freedom is generally very limited during this period of life.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #38

Or you get some people like me that would be hard to have a relationship with.. here then gone for months then back for a bit then gone again, but damn do i make good money when i am gone. I like the freedom, but sometimes it sucks not having that other person to hold in your arms....

I find it kind of odd when i think that i am at the same age as my dad when i was born.. and my older sister is a year ahead of me :S Oh well im single and using this time to make money for a house somewhere..
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_3fe View Post
if i was single...i would be riding a motorcycle by now sigh..stupid people riding their awesome bikes
Just get her to ride with you
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #40
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

The question becomes are you not dating because...

a) You're not able to get a date

b) You hate the act of dating

c) You don't have time to date

"A" is a totally different topic so I'll assume that isn't the case.

For "B" I think most people hate the whole thing of dating. The first 2 or 3 weeks, at a minimum, are painstaking and in the end they might be for nothing. Unfortunately, if you're 20+, it's a necessary evil, most of us don't have the comfort of dating someone we've been friends with for years.

For "C" it's completely understandable if you have school or professional commitments. However, if this lasts for more than a couple of years I think you need to set your priorities. Lots of money and letters before your name are great, but really, someone standing next to you is the most important.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Its very normal. I'm 21 and I've never had a girlfriend. Not to be cocky or anything I'm a good looking guy, and a lot of girls want to date me but I can't handle all the drama the comes along with a relationship. I usually hook up with chicks here and there, and that's the only thing that pushes me sometimes to get a gf, which is to get guaranteed pussy whenever you want. But even if I did get a gf I know I would just cheat on her so what's the point? To each their own.
Posted via RS Mobile
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
Its very normal. I'm 21 and I've never had a girlfriend. Not to be cocky or anything I'm a good looking guy, and a lot of girls want to date me but I can't handle all the drama the comes along with a relationship. I usually hook up with chicks here and there, and that's the only thing that pushes me sometimes to get a gf, which is to get guaranteed pussy whenever you want. But even if I did get a gf I know I would just cheat on her so what's the point? To each their own.
Posted via RS Mobile
So to clarify, what you're saying is you're friends with a lot of girls? Heh.

Quite the ego there buddy, why don't you look at reality for what it is. YOU never HAD a GIRLFRIEND. I can become an astronaut and play in the Fifa world cup and NFL, but I simply don't have any interest. Do you buy that too?

It doesn't matter if you're good looking or 6 foot 180lbs, if you fail you fail. If you can't close, you simply can't close. Keep telling yourself you're game is up there to give yourself a better sleep.

You can't handle all the drama? Best, excuse ever bravo buddy. Give this man a golf clap.

Even if you did have a girlfriend you would cheat? Yeah, if you were dating dumbass chicks with daddy issues who couldn't tell the difference between night and day, I would probably cheat too.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #43
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^^^ lol!
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Look at this internet thug^. Dude ur a chump, that is clearly whipped by his bitch. Only insecure losers need girls around their arm. So ur saying "I want a gf but I can't get one"? I'm happy playing the field. No I'm not saying I'm a guy with a lot of girlfriends. I've prob slayed most of them, and I know how emotionally attached they get. Theirs no such thing as friend with benefits bc it always leads to more. If I wanted a gf I could get one? Lol ur making it seem like its hard to get a gf. Ur such a joke.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Lol give this fu*cker a cookie. Well done bro u have a gf!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #46
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
^ why you mad though
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Hey z-33 , pics of slaying or ......

6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #48
Banned By Establishment

I'm not really mad, just pissed off this guys thinks he knows everything about dating. Since u know so much about dating doesn't that make u want to become a relationship councillor? Just using ur retarded asss analogy/comparison u used up top.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by z-33; 08-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #49
Banned By Establishment

If I post pics of the chicks up here. One of u guys is gunna know them since we all live locally. Its just not good for business if u know what I mean.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #50

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
LOL!!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: