REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Bluenose pitbull breeder

I was wondering if anyone knew one?

I heard theres a good one out of calgary, but I can't find any info on one.

TY
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
what kind are you looking for?
i have a contact for bullies if you like
if you need more pictures of what they look like you can look at bullies den

cheers
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

American Pit bull Terrier.

Last edited by Meowjin; 06-27-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

lol, google bullies pitbull
their not bulldogs
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Don't bother with american bullies,they are not a pure bred APBT,they are mixed with other breeds to achieve the "look",the sad part is,they have alot of heath issues and many socalled breeders pass them off as purebred pitbulls.

Btw,I would stay far away from Thebullies den.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Don't bother with american bullies,they are not a pure bred APBT,they are mixed with other breeds to achieve the "look",the sad part is,they have alot of heath issues and many socalled breeders pass them off as purebred pitbulls.

Btw,I would stay far away from Thebullies den.
Yeah I knew something wasn't right from his post, because I thought I made it clear in my original post.

My last dog was a pitbull/rotweiller mix.

loved her to death.

Last edited by Meowjin; 06-27-2011 at 05:08 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #7

I currently have 3 pits,two reds and one blue,I love this breed,best breed IMO.

I know quite alot about this breed,if you have any questions,just ask.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

^i'd love to see your dogs! Post them up!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #9
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
That's one beautiful pup Majin, she looks very sweet. Rotweiller/pitbulls are a nice cross.

I know your specifically looking for a breeder, but have you considered looking at shelters?
There are always great, loving animals waiting for a kind owner to take a chance on them at local spcas and indpendent rescues.
Posted via RS Mobile
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

I'm pretty specific on the type of dog I want, and it'll be rare to find an expensive breed at a shelter no?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
What is it your looking for in a bluenose?

I have an English Staffie, excellent dog. Great with people and kids, smaller dog then a pit though. I got mine from a breeder in Chilliwack, great bloodlines. I've had lots of dogs, this one for almost 9 years and he's the best I've ever had and it's not even close.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I'm pretty specific on the type of dog I want, and it'll be rare to find an expensive breed at a shelter no?
Breed specific rescues aren't actually that uncommon, sometimes even people with the best of intentions who bought from a breeder need to give their animals up. You'd probably miss the adorable puppy stage, but adopting an animal and giving it a second lease on life is amazingly rewarding.

I've had a whippet, doberman and a pinscher from breeders and labs, a celtie and a terrier cross from rescues. I honestly prefer going to the shelter, it feels like the dog understands where your taking them from and you can sense the gratitude.
Posted via RS Mobile
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
^i'd love to see your dogs! Post them up!
I would love to post pics of my dogs for you and others to see,but I don't want pictures of my dogs on a public forum for anyone to view,who knows if someone might want to use the pics for their website or other motives...better safe than sorry.

This time of the year,I walk my dogs alot on the seawall and around the False creek area,if you ever see a asian guy walking theree pits and sometimes with a blcak girl,don't hesitate to introduce yourself and meet the dogs.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Last edited by Lil Bastrd; 07-05-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Not on topic.
Illusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
What is it your looking for in a bluenose?

I have an English Staffie, excellent dog. Great with people and kids, smaller dog then a pit though. I got mine from a breeder in Chilliwack, great bloodlines. I've had lots of dogs, this one for almost 9 years and he's the best I've ever had and it's not even close.

I like pitbulls and rotweillers only. After seeing one on granville the other day, i couldn't believe how beautiful the dog is.

I do not like small dogs, and its not an image tough guy thing i like, I just think that they are more intelligent than the average dog, and they are very affectionate. I like big affectionate dogs.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive1 View Post
I almost lost my eye to peice of shit pitbull who was owned by a family friend when i was 6 years old! The dog leaped off a porch and mauled my face, 18 stitches around my eye. I hate them. Funny thing is.. dog was raised very well and never showed any remote violent tendancies before that, go figure. Just thought i'd share my story.
Any dog could have done that.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #17
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive1 View Post
I almost lost my eye to peice of shit pitbull who was owned by a family friend when i was 6 years old! The dog leaped off a porch and mauled my face, 18 stitches around my eye. I hate them. Funny thing is.. dog was raised very well and never showed any remote violent tendancies before that, go figure. Just thought i'd share my story.
PLEASE. just because a pitbull did that to you, doesnt mean it gives character to every pitbull... My friend owns 3 pitbulls and they have been nothing but friendly and loving each time I came over. Pitbulls are the most loyal dog out there.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I honestly prefer going to the shelter, it feels like the dog understands where your taking them from and you can sense the gratitude.
+1. I got my Doberman from the SPCA as a pup and she was a great dog. She just passed away at Thanksgiving. Looking to get another dog in the future and I'll probably pick up from a shelter again.

Are Pitbulls the kind of breed you have to be a very hard and strict owner with or they will try to dominate you? We trained my Doby by the book but as she got older her attitude changed and she got a lot more aggressive. I have been thinking about a Pit or Boxer.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

i personally think it all depends how your family treats it
all my dogs are fine
Old 07-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #20
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Have you very looked at Dogo's? I have one and love him to death. There is a rescue in BC/Alberta for them.
Wild_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #21
NSX
NA1

Good luck with your find. Interested in getting one myself. Post pics up after your get him/her.

Subscribed
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
+1. I got my Doberman from the SPCA as a pup and she was a great dog. She just passed away at Thanksgiving. Looking to get another dog in the future and I'll probably pick up from a shelter again.

Are Pitbulls the kind of breed you have to be a very hard and strict owner with or they will try to dominate you? We trained my Doby by the book but as she got older her attitude changed and she got a lot more aggressive. I have been thinking about a Pit or Boxer.
With pits,the owner has to have a dominant personality,or the dog,regardless of male or female,will try to dominate or won't listen to you when told.You also have to have a strong and heavy hand during training,these dogs are a bit thick headed and stubborn,but really smart,they are also very strong willed dogs.

For the first time pit owner,I recommend a female,just because they are easier to train and will give in alot quicker during training,the males will push you to the limit to see what they can get away with,that is sometimes too much to handle for some owners.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment

agreed
my first pit was a female, she is actually very polite and gentle, and understands the word gentle when it comes to feeding and hand fed treats

but the second pit was a male, now that is a different story.. doesnt understand anything and dont bother to respond. but as i started to clicker train it, it understands more and more. clicker training is a good way for you to have full attention of the dogs
Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 AM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

my bluenose pitbull takes massive craps bro. i don't know whats wrong with him...

Last edited by Lil Bastrd; 07-08-2011 at 03:49 PM.
bodybbUilder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #25
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
With pits,the owner has to have a dominant personality,or the dog,regardless of male or female,will try to dominate or won't listen to you when told.You also have to have a strong and heavy hand during training,these dogs are a bit thick headed and stubborn,but really smart,they are also very strong willed dogs.

For the first time pit owner,I recommend a female,just because they are easier to train and will give in alot quicker during training,the males will push you to the limit to see what they can get away with,that is sometimes too much to handle for some owners.
Thanks for the info!
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote