REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Mission Impossible 4 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/648686-mission-impossible-4-a.html)

Wongtouski 06-28-2011 06:50 PM

Mission Impossible 4

Here is the Trailer

LiquidTurbo 06-28-2011 07:29 PM

I had no idea there was even going to be a 4th one. this trailer made my day. Thanks!

murd0c 06-28-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7493785)
I had no idea there was even going to be a 4th one. this trailer made my day. Thanks!

it was actually filmed here.

It's hard to believe hes a nut case when you watch him act.

7seven 06-28-2011 07:40 PM

I'm still having nightmares about filming the sand storm scene in Burnaby, I had sand stuck everywhere for months. There was talk about a couple reshoots but we'll see.

murd0c 06-28-2011 07:43 PM

do you think the movie is better then the 3rd one? Man that was a horrible follow up compaired to the 3rd one.

StylinRed 06-28-2011 07:48 PM

aw u beat me to it

here's the youtube US trailer

it looks bloody awesome (lol i didnt think simon pegg would be in this)

but i h8 that Jeremy Renner is in the film... ad they're planning on him taking over the Mission Impossible series.... and the Jason Bourne Series... and he's going to be Hawkeye in Avengers (which i dont mind)

7seven 06-28-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7493813)
do you think the movie is better then the 3rd one? Man that was a horrible follow up compaired to the 3rd one.

I'm not part of the post-production team in cutting the dailies together so its really hard to say how the film will turn out on any production I've worked on.

I will say this though, we filmed some pretty crazy action sequences that blows the 3rd film out of the water and the script was much better I thought.

twitchyzero 06-28-2011 07:56 PM

pegg and renner lol this is going to be a must-watch

ak6 06-28-2011 10:53 PM

Can't wait for this movie to come out!

Culture_Vulture 06-28-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7493821)
aw u beat me to it

here's the youtube US trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3pFnMJNbc

it looks bloody awesome (lol i didnt think simon pegg would be in this)

but i h8 that Jeremy Renner is in the film... ad they're planning on him taking over the Mission Impossible series.... and the Jason Bourne Series... and he's going to be Hawkeye in Avengers (which i dont mind)

Really? Renner taking over Bourne series?
Not to hate on him, but if they're planning to cast him as Jason Bourne, it's not going to be the same at all.

palepilsenpin0y 06-28-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7493842)
pegg and renner lol this is going to be a must-watch

Love those two actors. Pegg looks like a total bad-ass in this

:fuckyea:

StylinRed 06-29-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture (Post 7494188)
Really? Renner taking over Bourne series?
Not to hate on him, but if they're planning to cast him as Jason Bourne, it's not going to be the same at all.

yeah they're already in the process of The Bourne Legacy and Damon isn't in it Renner is already casted in his place -_-

supposedly Renner wasn't the directors or the studios first choice but time was running out on the Rights to Bourne (so Universal had to cast someone and get on to filming asap) and the choices of lead roles they wanted wouldn't do a screen test or had the time

-_-

Simulated 06-29-2011 12:33 AM

renner isn't going to be cast as jason bourne. he will play a role in the same world where bourne exists. basically its a spin-off.

Culverin 06-29-2011 12:47 AM

Awesome trailer.

But anyways, about Jason borne, the movies are a total spinoff from the books. The first movie has similarities to the first book, but after that, the only thing they kept is the name. It's actually quite silly. If you guys enjoy a good read, tackle the books. SO much better than the movies.

7seven 06-29-2011 07:45 AM

btw, that is the new BMW i8 in the teaser trailer, that Paula Patton's character gets out of.

StylinRed 06-29-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simulated (Post 7494298)
renner isn't going to be cast as jason bourne. he will play a role in the same world where bourne exists. basically its a spin-off.

same shit the movies still has Bourne in the title ;)

Wongtouski 06-29-2011 06:28 PM

Aw shit this thing is filmed in Vancouver? I hate it when they mask Van as an other city and then I spot things I recognize

"Here's CityTV headquarters"
"That's the London Drugs I go to"
"That's where I get my Pot"

Simulated 06-29-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7494774)
same shit the movies still has Bourne in the title ;)

no doubt its going to be the same thing. they are trying to capitalize on the bourne franchaise afterall. this however leaves jason's character untouched and leaves damon a window to jump back in as a cameo.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 06-29-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wongtouski (Post 7495131)
Aw shit this thing is filmed in Vancouver? I hate it when they mask Van as an other city and then I spot things I recognize

"Here's CityTV headquarters"
"That's the London Drugs I go to"
"That's where I get my Pot"

well i think they actually went to a lot of places to shoot (vancouver just substituted india)

but vancouver was also one of the sites

didnt they only spend a month or two in van? (7 can answer dat)

twitchyzero 06-29-2011 07:47 PM

just watched it again and i noticed josh holloway is in it
damn if the metal gear solid movie ever gets greenlit he needs to be casted as solid snake

7seven 06-29-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7495163)
well i think they actually went to a lot of places to shoot (vancouver just substituted india)

but vancouver was also one of the sites

didnt they only spend a month or two in van? (7 can answer dat)

Main production was in Vancouver, we were in production for Ghost Protocol here from December to April, I'd say over 90% of the film was shot here, with some location shoots in Dubai for a month and minor exterior shots with the 2nd unit in India and Europe. It was also convenient for J.J. Abrams as he's also a producer on Fringe shoots in Vancouver and the new show Alcatraz, pilot was shot in Vancouver.

Vancouver will double for Moscow, Dubai, Seattle, DC, Prague and Bangalore. A majority of the shots you see in the posted teaser trailer are done in Vancouver, hard to tell huh.

Example, the sand storm scene with the cars flipping, that was all done in a giant hanger in Burnaby, trucking in football fields sized amounts of sand and green screen work. Some scenes for the Burj Khalifa in Dubai were done on Wall Center roof, the Convention Center and Richmond doubled for India, the Burrard Bridge area, Richmond and Delta Convention Center doubled for Moscow, Granville Island for Seattle and of course we built some pretty elaborate sets at our studio in Burnaby. You'd be amazed what can be done with green screens these days. Look what a TV show like 24 was able to do with green screen effects with a limited:
Our budget on Ghost Protocol was well over $100mil

Another note, the sequence you see in the trailer of Cruise climbing the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, he actually did his own stunts for that and was actually suspended up in the air off the tower.

Onassis 06-29-2011 08:55 PM

7 - Were the BMW scenes shot here in Vancouver as well ?

krazynuck 06-29-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7495212)
Main production was in Vancouver, we were in production for Ghost Protocol here from December to April, I'd say over 90% of the film was shot here, with some location shoots in Dubai for a month and minor exterior shots with the 2nd unit in India and Europe. It was also convenient for J.J. Abrams as he's also a producer on Fringe shoots in Vancouver and the new show Alcatraz, pilot was shot in Vancouver.

Vancouver will double for Moscow, Dubai, Seattle, DC, Prague and Bangalore. A majority of the shots you see in the posted teaser trailer are done in Vancouver, hard to tell huh.

Example, the sand storm scene with the cars flipping, that was all done in a giant hanger in Burnaby, trucking in football fields sized amounts of sand and green screen work. Some scenes for the Burj Khalifa in Dubai were done on Wall Center roof, the Convention Center and Richmond doubled for India, the Burrard Bridge area, Richmond and Delta Convention Center doubled for Moscow, Granville Island for Seattle and of course we built some pretty elaborate sets at our studio in Burnaby. You'd be amazed what can be done with green screens these days. Look what a TV show like 24 was able to do with green screen effects with a limited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLVXWVCekJk
Our budget on Ghost Protocol was well over $100mil

Another note, the sequence you see in the trailer of Cruise climbing the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, he actually did his own stunts for that and was actually suspended up in the air off the tower.

those green screens are amazing.....you really can't tell these days anymore what is real and what is not

trailer looked pretty good and seems to be an interesting support cast

twitchyzero 06-29-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onassis (Post 7495313)

I think it was spotted in the spotted thread so my guess is yes.

7seven 06-30-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onassis (Post 7495313)

The scenes with the i8 you see in the teaser trailer was shot in Dubai. BWM is the major sponsor of the film and BMW Canada did supply a fleet of brand new vehicles for production to use in filming and as transport for us on set.

If you saw a blue 2012 525i with Ontario plates being driven around in Vancouver from Dec-Apr, good chance that was me. If I recall correctly I think SG did the PDI at Brian Jessel for the fleet of BMWs we received for production on Ghost Protocol.