REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
Need to Seek Professional Help

my opinion may be biased because i work for the company, but compared to milestones, earls, cactus, etc. i would rate the keg's product to be better than the others. it doesn't have that wow factor for me anymore, but i know the quality of the product is superior to the others.
and as other's mentioned. the professionalism of the servers outshines that of earls, milestones, cactus, etc.

off topic, hakkaboy you really know your shit lol.
and whoever mentioned 3 cheese butter for bread. you know whats up!
Advertisement
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
I was talking with some friends the other day about restaurants as we just went to Milestones for a friends birthday.

And we started to compare the bigger named restaurants. Like Milestones, Cactus Club, Earls, and The Keg. Out of these four, they said The Keg was probably the best and highest end out of the bunch. I never really realized this until they told me. What do you guys think. One of my friends said for the middle class The Keg is a pretty good restaurant to go to. I always thought the Keg was good as I never had a bad experience there, but I never gave it the credit it deserved.

So if this is the case, I asked them, if I took a girl on a date to The Keg would she know it is any better than Milestones or Cactus club? They said yes, she would know it's a pretty expensive and fancy dinner. But, i'm not sure if a girl would know the difference?

They said the ranking would most likely be from best to worst...
1) the keg
2) earls
3) cactus club/milestones

What do you guys think?
The three are so different in what they are known for. This is like asking, which type of footwear is better? Runners or boots or flip-flops?

It depends on the occasion and what a girl is feeling like eating that night and the mood she's in. If she felt like having a steak with a more formal atmosphere, but you take her to a place that's playing loud music, lax and rowdy atmosphere and makes a shitty steak, obviously she's not going to be happy with the restaurant or you.

Know this picture??

Yeah, guys have only a couple of concerns: Waitresses need to be hot and the guy needs to get full with good service. Girls: they have like a million buttons and if you push the wrong one at the wrong time, they're gonna flip out. "oh the napkins not folded neatly, oh the waitress didn't offer pepper on my shit, oh the tables are too small, oh the lighting is too dim, oh the seats are too hard, oh the washrooms are too far away."

Bottomline, know who your audience is and don't judge a restaurant exclusively by what they can offer you.

Besides, if you're taking a girl out and treating her to dinner, she better not have any complaints about where you should have went instead, unless the restaurant really runs a foul on the both of you. Then you fucking flip tables and waitress titties.

Last edited by MrGoodbar; 07-15-2011 at 12:32 PM.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #53
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
If she's complaining about napkins or washroom distance, those are warning signs.

Don't stick your dick in crazy.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #54
Banned By Establishment

The steak and prime rib has always been good at the Keg. I usually go to the one by Costco off Willingdon
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #55
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseX View Post
my opinion may be biased because i work for the company, but compared to milestones, earls, cactus, etc. i would rate the keg's product to be better than the others. it doesn't have that wow factor for me anymore, but i know the quality of the product is superior to the others.
and as other's mentioned. the professionalism of the servers outshines that of earls, milestones, cactus, etc.

off topic, hakkaboy you really know your shit lol.
and whoever mentioned 3 cheese butter for bread. you know whats up!
No more 3 cheese butter
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #56
vvd
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

The Keg IS the best of the four, but I don't know if it'd be a good place to have a date. I've never heard a girl suggest eating at The Keg and anytime they suggest eating at Cactus Club or Milestones it's just a get together for drinks.
vvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #57
Banned By Establishment

Just took my mom to the keg last night for her birthday and had their lobster special which is on for the month of August. Went with the 10oz prime rib and lobster tail. Very Good.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #58
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
I worked at 3 out of the 4 places when I was younger. They are all premade, mediocre food. That being said, it all tastes alright other than milestones. I really never have a bad experience at earls or the keg. The food, service and ambience is always a 6-6.5 across the board. Cactus club pisses me off usually when I go there because of the arrogance that seems to exude from their entire customer base. Really look around, go on urbanspoon, or scout magazines website if you are interested in some real quality dining. The steaks at keg actually get preseasoned so the people on the line can't fuck em up, the sauces come from bags. Earls/cactus club mashed potatoes come from a bag, as well as so many other things. You don't even need to spend much more money to get good quality scratch food in this city, you just have to look.

Coles notes:
No, none of those restaurants are high end, but other than milestones, they aren't bad per se.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #59
Need my Daily Fix of RS

take a girl to the seasons at queen elizabeth.
yot065 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #60
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

how much does the omega cost?
vancitylove is offline   Reply With Quote