REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
When we went to Waikiki last year, we tried to take public transit everywhere. With it being 30+ C and air quality was very poor due to the smoking volcano on the big island, waiting for transit sucked.

I didn't enjoy the flea market when I was there. Everything was all fake or replicated items. It felt like walking around the Richmond night market but in Honolulu.

Pearl Harbor was fun, but you have to get there early or the lineups get pretty bad.

We used the Honolulu entertainment book when we were there. We used a half price coupon for a tour of the island which went pretty well. It took us all the way around the island and stopped at some interesting spots. Wish we could have spent a bit more time at the Dole pineapple plantation.

As for Maui, we really enjoyed the Yogurtland frozen yogurt. Tasted much better than what we have locally and a lot cheaper too.

We really enjoyed breakfast and happy hour at Sea House restaurant.

Another restaurant that we like was Coconut's Fish Cafe. The fish taco was very good.

Lastly, Eskimo Candy seafood is a small hole in the wall type place that is only open monday to friday 10:30am to 7pm.
Their ahi poke with wasabi mayo is very very good but since it is made fresh each day, they usually run out way before closing time.
do you remeber the tour company name, i have this years entertainment book, wonder if its in it
Advertisement
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
We went on Tour 1 or 2 with this company last year and were pretty happy. IDK if they're in the entertainment book.

Oahu Circle Island Sightseeing Tours | E Noa Tours

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #28
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
My wife booked the tour. All that I can was it went all the way around the island stopping off a certain spots.

Hawaii Tours, Hawaii Activities, Things to Do | Roberts Hawaii

I think it was the grand circle tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #29
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
When you guys stayed at Waikiki, should I book a rental for the whole week? I figured having a car for 2-3 days should be sufficient for exploring the rest of the island or would it be better just to have the car for the whole time?

Has anyone done any scootering over there? How was it?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #30
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
We didn't rent a car while we were there.

Depends on how much over night parking is where you are staying. If the car rental is only $30 and $20 for over night parking, it will cost you $350 for the whole week or $150 for the 3 days.

What other activities do you plan on doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Do you guys think it's worth it to go if I am only limited to 4 full days there? Or should I be looking to spend at least a week there?
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #32
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
My wife booked the tour. All that I can was it went all the way around the island stopping off a certain spots.

Hawaii Tours, Hawaii Activities, Things to Do | Roberts Hawaii

I think it was the grand circle tour.
Just the usual, north shore, diamond head, humura bay etc....

You mentioned it sucked waiting for busses would you do it again?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #33

anyone selling the book Maui Revealed inbox me
Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Just the usual, north shore, diamond head, humura bay etc....

You mentioned it sucked waiting for busses would you do it again?
rent mopeds to hanuama bay and diamond head 1 day. Or bus goes straight to diamond head + a short hike up, sometimes cab drivers offer you a ride at the bustop to diamond head cost me $4pp one way. I took mopeds upto hanuama bay, sandys beach, blow hole went along the coast line.

btw I have 2 entertainment Hawaii coupon books if anyone interested
Old 05-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #35
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
We took the bus to Hanauma Bay since our hotel was right on Kuhio. When we were leaving, we just missed the bus heading back. Not wanting to wait another 1/2hr, I was going to ask a couple of shuttle bus drivers if they had empty seats. Before I could say anything, they both offered rides back to Waikiki for $4/ea. We made a deal, $20 for 6 people, which was great cause no other stops, no crowded bus, AC and they took us right to our hotel.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote