REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Honda damaging my car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649322-honda-damaging-my-car.html)

Araaadi 07-08-2011 02:25 PM

Honda damaging my car

So I bought my honda civic about 3 weeks ago from carter honda. Car had low mileage and was in amazing shape. Last week my srs light went off, I took it in to openroad honda to check it out. They needed to replace a wireharness. I brought it done today for it to be replaced. I got my car back with dirt all over my back seat.it was w.e I vaccumed it up right away. Then I find two scratches on the interior that pissed me off a little. Then when I got home I checked the outside and my No Fat Chicks N was gone and there is white chips all over my hood. I don't know how to prove it was never there before, but I got this car 3 weeks ago looking mint. So I don't know what to do if they denie fault. What should I do?
Posted via RS Mobile

Araaadi 07-08-2011 02:41 PM

They are said they did not damage my paint. They are blaming bird droppings or that edged into the paint. I keep my car indoors and its washed weekly. I have no idea what to do now
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 07-08-2011 02:43 PM

what year/how many km

Araaadi 07-08-2011 02:56 PM

07/19k when I got it 3 weeks ago
Posted via RS Mobile

littledog 07-08-2011 03:12 PM

Pictures showing the damages?

Dragon-88 07-08-2011 03:25 PM

Was the car left overnight?? Sounds like a service tech drove the car home..

XplicitLuder 07-08-2011 03:27 PM

dam bro sucks to hear that =/

Funnel 07-08-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 7505017)
Was the car left overnight?? Sounds like a service tech drove the car home..

Tech does not allow to drive customer's vehicle home at all, and I don't think 07 civic would really make tech wants to bring it home anyways. If the tech really needs a vehicle home, he can take a demo or even an used vehicle from lot but not customer's vehicle.

Dragon-88 07-08-2011 03:59 PM

I swear I remember seeing a thread where a service tech took a car home. In the long run the car ended up getting damaged..

It also said something about depending on the issue service tech can take the vehicle home as a "test drive"...

I could be completly wrong.. but from what I remember thats what heppened.

!Yaminashi 07-08-2011 04:15 PM

Sounds like you're SOL.. You have no way of proving it wasnt there before, and unless you bring it up BEFORE you drive off the lot they could just make up anything they want.

This is why I ALWAYS give my car a good walk around first. One time my car actually did have some scuffs on it so I brought it up

lowda9 07-08-2011 04:32 PM

you only had the car for 3 weeks so maybe you didnt see those there before?

lexluthor09 07-08-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 7505050)
I swear I remember seeing a thread where a service tech took a car home. In the long run the car ended up getting damaged..

It also said something about depending on the issue service tech can take the vehicle home as a "test drive"...

I could be completly wrong.. but from what I remember thats what heppened.

You are correct. If it's an issue that requires long term monitoring, a tech can take a car home to help further diag if the customer permits it.

Jgresch 07-08-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexluthor09 (Post 7505124)
You are correct. If it's an issue that requires long term monitoring, a tech can take a car home to help further diag if the customer permits it.

To add to this, if it's an intermittent problem, like a random scrapping sound now and then, it woudl be better for a tech to drive it home/back to work than waste a couple hours tryign to listen for it whiel at work.

chris walter 07-08-2011 05:49 PM

White chips all over your hood sounds like rock chips. I wrecked my brothers front bumper in a hour just from rockchips on a road trip
Posted via RS Mobile

Araaadi 07-08-2011 06:55 PM

The car was at honda from 7:30am - 2pm
My interior was gutted and wireharness was replaced
My N sign was stolen and they offered to pay for a new No Fat Chicks N.
My interior was scratched and he offered to buy a new piece.
My hood was scratched, told me he doesn't believe it happened there. I took it to their body shop and they said its either someone rubbed something on it to scratch it or its lime from the concrete in my underground. Which makes no sense since I'm the only one out of 50 cars with damage. I called ICBC made a claim and I'm waiting to thursday for an inspection. If they cover it, I'm out the $300 deductable. If they find me at fault, I'm out about $500 for it to be painted. This is such bullshit. I'm only going to carter honda from now on, and I'm taking detailed pictures before service.
Posted via RS Mobile

Spidey 07-08-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7505255)
The car was at honda from 7:30am - 2pm
My interior was gutted and wireharness was replaced
My N sign was stolen and they offered to pay for a new No Fat Chicks N.
My interior was scratched and he offered to buy a new piece.
My hood was scratched, told me he doesn't believe it happened there. I took it to their body shop and they said its either someone rubbed something on it to scratch it or its lime from the concrete in my underground. Which makes no sense since I'm the only one out of 50 cars with damage. I called ICBC made a claim and I'm waiting to thursday for an inspection. If they cover it, I'm out the $300 deductable. If they find me at fault, I'm out about $500 for it to be painted. This is such bullshit. I'm only going to carter honda from now on, and I'm taking detailed pictures before service.
Posted via RS Mobile

Honestly, the fact that they are already going to cover all the other things, shows that they are willing to man up when it is something that obviously is, or there is a high chance that it was their fault.

With the paint, it is anyones guess what happened, so you can't really expect them to fully cover it when there is a good chance it could have been done elsewhere. You do know that even with new cars, dealers polish cars that are about to be sold so they look close to pristine, but after a few washes, the polish gets removed and you start to see blemishes, swirls, etc. Also, chips can be done driving short distances.

Post some pics of your hood. That way people on here can see whether the damage is environmental or mechanical.

Araaadi 07-08-2011 08:29 PM

I will tonight, ill take some pics with the gf's camera since my phone can't show the extreme of it. Honestly I know where they are comming from but like I said its been 3 weeks, My first payment came out today , and yesterday my car was looking perfectly fine, but today it is has paintchips and the only place it has been different was Honda. Hopefully ICBC will figure things out, I guess I gotta postpone the tint and HIDs for another month :(
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 07-08-2011 08:32 PM

Or don't get hids at all....
Posted via RS Mobile

falcon 07-08-2011 08:33 PM

Fat chicks need love too.

Araaadi 07-08-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7505348)
Or don't get hids at all....
Posted via RS Mobile

Why not? If I get them professionally installed and aimed, what is the problem with them?
Posted via RS Mobile

hc529 07-08-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7505396)
Why not? If I get them professionally installed and aimed, what is the problem with them?
Posted via RS Mobile

Even if its properly aimed, it will reflect, and blind on coming traffics!
Posted via RS Mobile

Spidey 07-08-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they illegal regardless if they are aimed properly?

As for the chips, it is merely esthetics... What I finally realized after years of owning a car is that you are going to waste a lot of time energy and money if you try to keep your daily driver flawless.

3 weeks isn't a long time to own a car, and it does suck, but like I said before, it only takes ONE trip to get chips on your hood.

Jgresch 07-08-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

1. There will always be glare even if they are aimed straight at the ground.
2. If you aim them straight at the groudn you won't get the benefits of HIDs and your light output will be even worse than before....

You need projectors to properly use and hid kit...

and yes blueg2, any aftermarket HID kit is illegal.

TRDood 07-08-2011 10:24 PM

Let's not steer the thread to HID debates.

OP is lucky that Honda is paying any charges. From my experience, car shops will only point fingers or outright ignore. Let the excitement pass, rock chips are not worth $300 to fix.
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 07-08-2011 10:49 PM

In my experience depending on the extent of damage/the cost, usually we cover it because it isn't worth the hassle to not....
Decent sized scratch a couple weeks ago was $200+
Another customer said we stole her floor matts:s game her brand new ones $250.... etc