REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Insect Screens for Windows

Hi folks,

My friend's apartment currently does not have insect screens installed on his windows and this is his first summer living there. With the weather conditions slowly changing, he's finding more and more bugs are flying into the house with the windows open (duh!)

Would any of you happen to know any stores or contractors who specialize in doing installs for insect screens? My father had some done on the house several years ago but the contractor retired and went back to Asia.

We went to Home Depot and Rona for DIY kits but they seem more of a project than anything. That and the lack of availability was a real turn-off.

Any recommendations and advice appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
I would assume that any residential glass company would be able to do it, I had new screens put in when I got new windows. I wouldn't know of specific people local to you though, sorry.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i got 4 windows screen windows and a patio sliding screen door for $200 couple weeks ago.

the guy charges $20 each for sliding windows
and $130 for screen door,
free estimate and install, cash deal no tax

i was a little rough on the screen door one day and it popped off the rails, he came back and fixed it for free.

pm me if u want his number
Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
contractor for install screen on exisitng window ?

i just buy parts at Rona and do it myself .. takes me 20 mins on my first try, 4 mins on all other windows

trimming the edge of the screen is where it consumed most of the time
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Country Screens and Blinds did a fantastic job on the screens in both mine and my Mom's house, but they're based in Langley so that might be outside their service range.

Buying your own screening material and doing it yourself isn't really worthwhile unless your only doing 1 or 2 screens, the cost of materials basically equals the cost of having complete screens made for you.
Posted via RS Mobile
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
12 windows

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
i had 2 screens installed from S Jay Home for $50 each..
Home Page

my windows were similar to
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/41188082@N05/3819204321/"]

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

edit, somebody posted cheaper rates..
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote